• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
No, it isn't impossible, to say so is ignorant and silly. Sonic isn't just any guest character.
Guest characters generally don't get special treatment and are only added themselves because they are icons to their respective series. I have a lot of doubt that Sakurai would put in a second Sonic rep, when we consider how he has treated the series and how third parties are treated in general.

It appears to me that Sakurai just threw Sonic in as an advertising ploy. Consider the fact that the only Sonic stages we have now are the first levels in their respective games (implying Sakurai is only taking this series at face value) and the fact that Sonic was given an extremely uncreative and horridly bad moveset in Brawl. We can't also forget that only one Sonic track was remixed in Brawl, and that was an instrumental version of His World.

Even if Sakurai would even consider the possibly of a second rep for a third party series, (which I have doubts he would considering he wants to focus on Nintendo characters) I don't see a Sonic rep that would be likely or even acknowledged by Sakurai.

Then again, calling it impossible is absurd.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Yep but alas I think it will be us whose salty tears will be tasted...
don't be such a downer and especially because a leak that has no type of credibility I mean this leak will be debunked when ice climbers are confirmed if Olimar and Rosalina can work I am pretty sure ice climbers can work.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
don't be such a downer and especially because a leak that has no type of credibility I mean this leak will be debunked when ice climbers are confirmed if Olimar and Rosalina can work I am pretty sure ice climbers can work.
Maybe but the fact that nobody has securely for sure broken the leak means it has a great chance at being real. Its too strong.. ;(

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Maybe but the fact that nobody has securely for sure broken the leak means it has a great chance at being real. Its too strong.. ;(
You mean, like the Palutena "leak," Chrom "leak," and roster "leak" before this?

There have been several leaks in the past that were not debunked until we got official news that proved it fake, or the creator came out and proved it was fake. Just because a leak hasn't been debunked yet doesn't make it real.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
dif Olimar and Rosalina can work I am pretty sure ice climbers can work.
Its not quite the same thing in those cases, the pikmin are low poly models and small as with luma. Nana is a whole different beast as far as animations go, and all that. I think if there were any problems they had, it was the possibility of having 4 sets of ice climbers on the 3ds while being online as well, the framerate might have had issues.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Flaming, Circumventing Censor
Its not quite the same thing in those cases, the pikmin are low poly models and small as with luma. Nana is a whole different beast as far as animations go, and all that. I think if there were any problems they had, it was the possibility of having 4 sets of ice climbers on the 3ds while being online as well, the framerate might have had issues.
so uh are you defending the leak because if you are I find you and whoever else who believe this bullsh*t to be idiots in my opinion of sorts

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
so uh are you defending the leak because if you are I find you and whoever else who believe this bullsh*t to be idiots in my opinion of sorts
not at all, calm down. Im open to the possiblity, but i wont take anything as real until sakurai shows it himself.

Im just saying that could be a possible reason if they are in fact excluded. We already know sakurai said that they were having trouble with the ice climbers

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Just out of curiosity, isn't it entirely possible that the leaked CSS is incomplete, assuming the leak is real? I have a hard time believing that 3 Mario characters would be added from Brawl, but they would downgrade the number of playable Pokemon from 6 to 5. Not to mention neither Donkey Kong or Zelda getting a newcomer. It just seems to me that the roster is incomplete.

I'm still leaning towards the leak being fake. It's completely possible that the whole thing was a joint effort. My mind is still open to the possibility of it being real though. I don't want to call it out either way at this point. We'll know the truth soon enough.

mark welford

Smash Ace
4chan as a website is complete garbage so most of everything posted to it is garbage and I have been reading up 4chan's history and its history is complete filth so in few words 4chan is filthy, unreliable garbage.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of guest characters... Whatever happened about that Rayman Trophy? I have searched for a Rayman forum in characters but must be overlooking it somehow.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Just out of curiosity, isn't it entirely possible that the leaked CSS is incomplete, assuming the leak is real? I have a hard time believing that 3 Mario characters would be added from Brawl, but they would downgrade the number of playable Pokemon from 6 to 5. Not to mention neither Donkey Kong or Zelda getting a newcomer. It just seems to me that the roster is incomplete.
Well considering the fact that an additional five icons could fit on the screen, I say that's a fair bet.
Speaking of guest characters... Whatever happened about that Rayman Trophy? I have searched for a Rayman forum in characters but must be overlooking it somehow.
Nintendo of Canada confirmed that Rayman won't be playable in Smash For and will just be a trophy after an employee mistakingly mentioned Rayman's name during an interview while discussing notable character inclusions for the game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
4chan as a website is complete garbage so most of everything posted to it is garbage and I have been reading up 4chan's history and its history is complete filth so in few words 4chan is filthy, unreliable garbage.
Some of the X/Y leaks came from 4chan.

They were correct. Very similar situation with this leak in a lot of ways, actually.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
4chan is a site with almost no boundries or rules, so of course it's filled to the brim with negativity, but in the end, the fact that it can keep things clear, quick and anonymous makes it the perfect place to leak stuff as well, many reliable leaks from other games have also came from 4chan, an example of these are the Pokémon XY leaks.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
NoC employee let slip that Rayman was playable, NoC backtracked by saying he was just referring to his trophy. (For the record, they did not say he wouldn't be playable, that article title is stupidly misleading.)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
On the topic of a second Sonic rep, it's not going to happen for this game and I don't think there ever will be, but if there is, there is only one choice.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
On the topic of a second Sonic rep, it's not going to happen for this game and I don't think there ever will be, but if there is, there is only one choice.
Not gonna happen, but yes, Eggman would be the best choice. I've always said every saga with a notable villain should have them playable in Smash.

I'm looking at you, DK and Metroid.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Best Sonic character. Always wanted a character that fights with mechs.

...Though I maybe getting that, if the leak is actually real.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
4chan has given us reliable leaks before, not the Smash community but it has been a primary source for Pokémon leaks. It's a good place for leakers to go nuts since it's nigh impossible to track people down from there.

Mabataki

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4167-4743-1372
You should really learn to not believe things you hear on the news or articles on the internet.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
True that it's not happening in this title, but if you're looking for Sonic's #2 varmint, you need Sonic's "Luigi," and uh, that's not him.
I personally think Dr.Eggman deserves the spot more, Tails is great, but a great hero wouldn't exist without a great villain.

Burruni

Smash Hero
39 characters known
37 slots they are in
20 days til roster's known
15 more PotDs
11 veterans to return
4 more newcomers to be seen
3DS version hype
2 versions to be played
1 unmatched gaming experience
0% chance Ridley's playable.
I'm sorry. I had to.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
4chan has given us reliable leaks before, not the Smash community but it has been a primary source for Pokémon leaks. It's a good place for leakers to go nuts since it's nigh impossible to track people down from there.
The only thing that worries me is how it's crawling with trolls. The leak we did get was allegedly tampered with and falsified DLC information was put out. It's like people there can't release info without some catch or gag involved. =/

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah, great heroes like Donkey Kong wouldn't exist without a great villain like...
Tell me about, DK would be nothing without the Tiki Tak Tribe or the Snowmads.
:troll:
In all seriousness, I actually do find it a little ridiculous myself that K.Rool has yet to appear as a playable character.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
How are you sure about that?, or are you referring to the leak?
The leak is fake. However, if we get all Brawl vets minus Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur, we have 47 characters currently. I believe that we will have 4x13 for the WiiU layout (with Random included). Thus, we have 4 newcomers on the horizon: Shulk, a Rhythm Heaven character (preferably Marshal), Bandana Dee, and Just-About-Anyone-But-Ridley. For your sake, Weeman, let's say it's Hawlucha.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
While that is true, there's no villain from the DK series as important as said villain.
Actually my point is that DK is the one character that DOESN'T need an accompaying villain lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom