• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not sure what you saying here.
Do you mean Medusa having moves like Heavenly Light? Cause if you are, that can be changed into dark effects akin to Ganondorf in Melee.
I mean her overall style. It just does not seem fitting for Medusa at all, regardless of effect modifications.
It's too....whimsical, majestic, "holy", etc. which fits Palutena to a tee, but not Medusa's wicked and cruel nature like abilities she's shown to have that Palutena does not.

You mention Ganondorf, though at the time that he was made into a clone, aside from the magic orbs and floating aspect in his boss bottle, having a brutal fighting style powered by dark magic was rather fitting for him considering he didn't fight with a weapon until he transformed into Ganon and would deliver a ground-shaking fist if Link came too close without using a Light Arrow prior.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I'm O.K with the roster until now (Robin/Lucina/Ike was more than my most irreal dreams).
Some nice choices and some choices I personally don't like, but was smart ones (Pacman, Wii Fit Trainer)...

If Black Shadow wins a spot with Ganon old moveset and Ganon wins a sword-moveset... WOW.
THAT is a really smart (and obvious too) move, Sakurai.

I still wants Dixie, clone or not. If she is a playable character, everything is allright.
The nice thing about Dixie being a Diddy semi-clone is that we could have 4 DK characters, the treatment that this franchise always deserved.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Actually, I changed my mind. They should make Nidoking the semi-clone of Gdorf.
Down B: Mega Kick
B: Mega Punch
Over B: Sucker Punch
Up B: Horn Drill.

Final Smash: Call for family. And all the nido's go on a rampage around the stage.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I mean her overall style. It just does not seem fitting for Medusa at all, regardless of effect modifications.
It's too....whimsical, majestic, "holy", etc. which fits Palutena to a tee, but not Medusa's wicked and cruel nature like abilities she's shown to have that Palutena does not.

You mention Ganondorf, though at the time that he was made into a clone, aside from the magic orbs and floating aspect in his boss bottle, having a brutal fighting style powered by dark magic was rather fitting for him considering he didn't fight with a weapon until he transformed into Ganon and would deliver a ground-shaking fist if Link came too close without using a Light Arrow prior.

This is the reason people hated WindWaker and many still do, myself included:
it is the reason Ganondorf has his sword.

This is also the reason Zelda will get more backlash

Since we keep getting teased by AWESOME STUFF
but end up with:

Wii U is the gamecube all over again.... Zelda is withering away slowly as Aonuma poisons the most epic game series that ever existed, making it into a cartoon with dolls, where Link is anything but a badass.

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT AT ITS FINEST

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium

but end up with:

Wii U is the gamecube all over again.... Zelda is withering away slowly as Aonuma poisons the most epic game series that ever existed, making it into a cartoon with dolls, where Link is anything but a badass.

You know that's just your opinion right? It seems like you worded your argument as fact. Just my observation. My beginner's tip would be to start your sentences with "In my opinion" before you start giving us your thoughts of fantastic video games, and personally one of my favorite video games of all time. Now may we get back to discussing possible newcomers for Smash 4 instead of starting arbitrary flame wars on this thread?

Stompu

Smash Apprentice

but end up with:

In all honesty I like both the Wii U Zelda trailers

Weeman

Smash Crusader

but end up with:

I like the artstyle it ended up with in the end, and i have enjoyed all the Zeldas made by Anouma bar Skyward Sword, but it's not like the clasic ones didn't have problems either. But anyway this is not the place for discussing this.

As for Ganondorf, i'd say that a Trident would fit better than the sword, like a hybrid between human and pig Ganondorf who can use magic.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

but end up with:

To be fair, Aunuma warned us that the actual game wouldn't necessarily look like that Wii U tech demo. He even referred back to that spaceworld tech demo and Wind Waker as a reminder.
Besides, I think both Wind Waker and the new Zelda look good in their own rights...

But that's a discussion for another thread...

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
why should FE have 4?
The main difference between FE and Mother is that Fire Emblem is way more succesful, way more popular and is international, Mother has 3 games and 1 of them never left Japan, Lucina was originally planned to be a costume and she was lucky to get her own spot, If series like F-ZERO, Metroid, DK, Kid Icarus can't afford 3 then I don't see why Mother can suddenly afford 3

Shagadelic_Baby

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5112-4301-7728

but end up with:

"My opinion is fact and that is final"

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I'd like another MOTHER rep, though Ninten has even less differentiating him from Ness than Lucina's differences from Marth.
MOTHER 2 seems to be the most popular in both countries, so this would be my choice for a brand new rep.

Last edited:

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman

but end up with:

The Zelda franchise can't sell if it's too cartoony (Wind Waker) in the West, and it can't sell if it has more realistic HD type graphics (Twilight Princess) in Japan. The demos, are just that, demos. They show what the hardware is capable of. As for swords, Ganondorf has never really used that big sword seen in A DEMO. He may have used in Ocarina of Time, but, I can't quite remember. Any ways If Ganondorf does get swords, I hope he gets two like in Wind Waker.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
The Zelda franchise can't sell if it's too cartoony (Wind Waker) in the West, and it can't sell if it has more realistic HD type graphics (Twilight Princess) in Japan. The demos, are just that, demos. They show what the hardware is capable of. As for swords, Ganondorf has never really used that big sword seen in A DEMO. He may have used in Ocarina of Time, but, I can't quite remember. Any ways If Ganondorf does get swords, I hope he gets two like in Wind Waker.
You know, a redesigned Ganondorf could be a good foil to Pit; Dual wielders, though also with access to tons of other means of attack like other weapons and magic.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The nice thing about Dixie being a Diddy semi-clone is that we could have 4 DK characters, the treatment that this franchise always deserved.
I think you meant 3. If you added K Rool into that, then there would be four (unless I'm missing something here)

Actually, I changed my mind. They should make Nidoking the semi-clone of Gdorf.
Down B: Mega Kick
B: Mega Punch
Over B: Sucker Punch
Up B: Horn Drill.

Final Smash: Call for family. And all the nido's go on a rampage around the stage.
Nice moveset! Except how would Horn Drill look when the move is performed? That I'm curious about

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think OoT style Ganondorg, redone art style to fit Smash 4, and Dual Swords would be great

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I desperately want Ganondorf to see a redesign of any type at this point. He's been sticking with the same Falcon-inspired moves for 2 games now.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
You know that's just your opinion right? It seems like you worded your argument as fact. Just my observation. My beginner's tip would be to start your sentences with "In my opinion" before you start giving us your thoughts of fantastic video games, and personally one of my favorite video games of all time. Now may we get back to discussing possible newcomers for Smash 4 instead of starting arbitrary flame wars on this thread?
It is not enough that his opinion is his opinion based on the inherent fact that his statements are implied to be his opinions?!

why should FE have 4?
I believe it has to do with Fire Emblem: Awakening's support conversation feature. There has to be more potential ships in order to merit the inclusion of the newcomers. This is why Chrom is not in the game, he cannot S-Rank with Lucina as that would be incestuous. Instead, they included Robin, a newcomer that can S-Rank with any character in the game.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I'd like another MOTHER rep, though Ninten has even less differentiating him from Ness than Lucina's differences from Marth.
MOTHER 2 seems to be the most popular in both countries, so this would be my choice for a brand new rep.
Let's make sure Ness and Lucas return before we get another character though.

Also Morbid, Cliff, Mega Bidoof.
why are you three trying to visually impersonate golden

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think you meant 3. If you added K Rool into that, then there would be four (unless I'm missing something here)

Nice moveset! Except how would Horn Drill look when the move is performed? That I'm curious about
I thought that up (expect for the final smash) before Brawl came out, so I was in like sixth grade. I was thinking Horn Drill would stick into the opponent, and then he'd pull it out of them, pushing them back.

Morbi

Scavenger
I desperately want Ganondorf to see a redesign of any type at this point. He's been sticking with the same Falcon-inspired moves for 2 games now.
I desperately want Ganondorf to not see a redesign of any type at this point. He's been sticking with the same Falcon-inspired moves for 2 games now.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
You don't have to believe me and the millions of others who have abandoned and given up hope for the Zelda franchise which has gone stagnant. Let the numbers do the talking:

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda

In case you hate graphs. Idk who does, but whatever.

That is a downward trend. The only thing the downward trend seems to have in common is the artstyle being cartoony. Did you notice the spike with TP? Add GC number back onto it.
You might see some kind of hint as to what Zelda fans actually like, rather than forum dwellers.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just to make the point of FE having 4 reps and Mother having 1 or 2, consider the following:

Mother series has 3 games, only 1 of which have been released outside of Japan. While having great music and overall being great games, a passionate cult following, and even Earthbound 0 aka Mother 1 on GBA carts being MADE, they were never officially sold, the fact is that it is technically smaller than/on par with Animal Crossing games.

Fire Emblem has 13 games, 6 of which have been released world wide. Of these, Fire Emblem: Awakening "saved" the series with the massive sells it gained and is one of the best-selling 3DS games period. While the series have never sold that amazingly pre-awakening, it has been a standing part of Nintendo from NES to Wii U (with SMT x FE next year(?)). In terms of big franchises, it is one of Nintendo's underdogs when you consider it has more games than Star Fox or Metroid.

I really enjoy both series, have played all 3 mother games and 12 of the 13 FE games, but don't have a problem if there are 4 FE reps and 2 Mother reps.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I want Ganondorf to get a proper Ganon final smash transformation with a trident and all!.
That way he would be more faithful to the series as a whole.

I just want him not to suck. If you get hit by Ganondorf, you die.
That should be the idea around him. More focus on mindgames and psyching out of the opponent.
B should stay, but have options between shooting a weak projectile or canceling the whole thing. That could add some decent mixup.
As for his downB?

groundpound like Oot? shockwave that trips enemies?
Grounded use could have him just pound the floor with his fist without having to jump up.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I had a dream that Nintendo bought Rare and Capcom.

We got Banja-Kazooie and Conker in Smash.

We got Megman, and Protoman, and Zero in Smash.

It was the best dream ever.

The nightmare was waking up

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
You don't have to believe me and the millions of others who have abandoned and given up hope for the Zelda franchise which has gone stagnant. Let the numbers do the talking:

That is a downward trend. The only thing the downward trend seems to have in common is the artstyle being cartoony. Did you notice the spike with TP? Add GC number back onto it.
You might see some kind of hint as to what Zelda fans actually like, rather than forum dwellers.
That's fascinating. It didn't dawn on me that this sales chart would make a great newcomer for Smash 4.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

This isn't the thread to discuss about how the Zelda franchise is doing though (unless it's character related and related to Smash Bros)

If you want to voice your concerns in regards to the Zelda series then may I redirect you to the Legend of Zelda section at the Nintenzone boards.

Now unless we are talking about any potential Zelda newcomers for the next Smash Bros. Let's get back on topic.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
This isn't the thread to discuss about how the Zelda franchise is doing though (unless it's character related and related to Smash Bros)

If you want to voice your concerns in regards tot he Zelda series then may I redirect you to the Zelda sub forum at the Nintenzone boards.

Now unless we are talking about any potential Zelda newcomers for the next Smash Bros. Let's get back on topic.

Right. Girahim won't be in.
Say hello to Vaati

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

This doesn't include Wind Waker HD, which from what I heard, sold phenomenally.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Roy will return. That is all
Please, elaborate as to why. Roy was added in as a clone near the end of the development of Melee to help pad out the roster, but more original than say Dr. Mario, Pichu, or Young Link. Next to Ganondorf and Falco, he was the most likely clone to transcend. That I will give you. However, when his power aspect has been taken by Ike to a greater extent, and two other FE reps joining in (including Lucina who was lucky to make it in as a character because Sakurai wanted to use Chrom but could't find a way to properly represent the character). On that note, what evidence do you have that could point to Roy returning? And do you mean on the dwindling spots on the release roster or the hope of DLC?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
click the link. barely 1 mil.
subpar.
Your opinion on the games means nothing.

The game barely has been out a year and it's sold better than most of the recent ones.

Realism means nothing, it depends on the game and the gameplay. Wind Waker is the best in my opinion. Am I wrong to think that?

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Warning Received
Your opinion on the games means nothing.

The game barely has been out a year and it's sold better than most of the recent ones.

Realism means nothing, it depends on the game and the gameplay. Wind Waker is the best in my opinion. Am I wrong to think that?
It hasn't sold better than recent ones... there were comparisons. Since reading isn't your strong suit, here's the table:

2004 GBA The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap 1.42
2006 Wii / GC The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii: 6.8
GC: 1.59
Total: 8.39
2007 DS The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass 4.96
2007 Wii Link's Crossbow Training 4.8
2009 DS The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

2011 3DS The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D 3.1
2011 DS The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
2011 Wii The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword 3.69
2013 WiiU The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD 1.22
2013 3DS The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 2.41

Maybe it will defeat Minish Cap? The return to a more classic game: ALbW sold double the amount without breaking a sweat and being on the market for a shorter period of time.

Extrapolate where those numbers are going for me. :D

Hilda and Ravio confirmed!

/mikedrop

Last edited:

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
I'm completely fine with that.
I hope Sakurai makes Hilda a Zelda alt, and Ravio a Link Alt. Then proceeds to pull a Lucina
" She is slightly weaker than Zelda and her attacks don't rely on a sweetspot. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Hilda and Ravio individually."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom