• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Well, you need to base your roster off of likeliness, not "opinion". Well "need" is a strong word, but it's only worth discussing if it's more realistic than biased.

Ridley has too much going for him at this point, so I'd replace Krystal. I agree on Dixie over K Rool, even though I'd rather have K Rool, Dixie has more going for her in my mind.
I've had him in my old roster prediction screen, the day before when Ridley was confirmed as a boss again this time for SSB4. I could have him in if it wasn't for the "Boss Mode". I am aware that he's very popular and many people still have faith in him even though he's already 'disconfirmed'. I don't think Sakurai is that kind of person who will tease us a character and eventually have it playable in many months later. He teased us with ZSS and it doesn't take a day to finally confirm her playable.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Can someon etell me where Bandana Dee's following comes from?

Because to me it sort of just seems like making a Goomba playable.
Read the Bandana Dee support thread. It has a lot of info. It even uses that comparison and why it is false.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I've had him in my old roster prediction screen, the day before when Ridley was confirmed as a boss again this time for SSB4. I could have him in if it wasn't for the "Boss Mode". I am aware that he's very popular and many people still have faith in him even though he's already 'disconfirmed'. I don't think Sakurai is that kind of person who will tease us a character and eventually have it playable in many months later. He teased us with ZSS and it doesn't take a day to finally confirm her playable.
Boss mode is not confirmed, in fact, it's almost pretty much outright disproven. I would suggest you visit the second post on the Ridley page (Not the OP, yes, the SECOND post of all time) it should give you new light.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Boss mode is not confirmed, in fact, it's almost pretty much outright disproven. I would suggest you visit the second post on the Ridley page (Not the OP, yes, the SECOND post of all time) it should give you new light.
Yeah, didn't Sakurai say that SSB4 will have no 5 player mode?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Huge List of Maybe Relevant Anniversaries!:
  • Kirby's Dreamland: August 1st, 1992. (Bandana Dee + Meta Knight?)
  • Mother 1: July 27th, 1989. (Ness and/or Lucas reveal? SDCC's final day.)
  • Rhythm Tengoku: August 3rd, 2006. (Wario + RH Rep?)
  • Excitebots: Trick Racing: August 30th, 2011 (Ice Climbers + Excite Biker?)
  • The Mysterious Murasame Castle GBA: August 10th, 2004. (Takamaru?)
  • Paper Mario: August 10th, 2000. (Paper Mario?)
What are some other dates?
put TTYD I'm serious because I heard that numbers that are round gives a high relevance. It was released in July 22 2004. Next Tuesday, it will be 10 years and it is a POTD day...

Also, mariowiki says August 11 2000 not 10.

Why I'm torturing myself now? I'm not joking I'm sweating because I heard that TTYD date.

Shroob

Sup?
put TTYD I'm serious because I heard that numbers that are round gives a high relevance. It was released in July 22 2004. Next Tuesday, it will be 10 years and it is a POTD day...

Also, mariowiki says August 11 2000 not 10.

Why I'm torturing myself now? I'm not joking I'm sweating because I heard that TTYD date.
Y'all need to calm your ****, brah.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Also, there's a significant lack of the 5+ metroid anniversarys in augst

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Bandana Dee and Dark pit are the two characters I don't want to see playable.
I remember, vaguely, fighting Bandana Dee as like a mini boss before the actual boss in a Kirby game (idk why I can't remember the games name) and you could literally just suck him up, spit him out, and he was dead. And if they threw a bandana on a goombas head, or any other minor villain in a series, would people care so much? His design is just so... Lazy.
Sorry I went on longer than i wanted to D:

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Bandana Dee and Dark pit are the two characters I don't want to see playable.
I remember, vaguely, fighting Bandana Dee as like a mini boss before the actual boss in a Kirby game (idk why I can't remember the games name) and you could literally just suck him up, spit him out, and he was dead. And if they threw a bandana on a goombas head, or any other minor villain in a series, would people care so much? His design is just so... Lazy.
Sorry I went on longer than u wanted to D:
I have a rule. Don't just hate on a character until you read the thread.

Did you do that?

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Sceptile seems like an awful rep to me. Don't get me wrong, he's cool. But he's got one problem

That huge tail. It doesn't seem right. It looks weird when he fights. It did in the anime too. Sure Mega Evolving fixes that, but he can't stay that way. But who do I think should take the Grass starter role (only after Mewtwo gets in) but still reps ORAS?

THAT BADASS MOTHER******

Not only is he fast, strong, and doesn't lug a huge log on his back, this dude's got more. He can represent the mystery dungeon series, as well as a grass starter, as well as ORAS. Grovyle is just SOOO much cooler than Sceptile. I never evolved him.

He could also borrow some moves from Ivysaur such as Razor leaf. Gosh. Grovyle would be SOOO sick. Man, if I got Villager, Megaman, Ridley, Bandanna Dee, Captain Toad AND GROVYLE all in one game? I'd dedicate my life to Sakurai.

I may just have to create a support thread after writing this...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Sceptile seems like an awful rep to me. Don't get me wrong, he's cool. But he's got one problem

That huge tail. It doesn't seem right. It looks weird when he fights. It did in the anime too. Sure Mega Evolving fixes that, but he can't stay that way. But who do I think should take the Grass starter role (only after Mewtwo gets in) but still reps ORAS?

THAT BADASS MOTHER******

Not only is he fast, strong, and doesn't lug a huge log on his back, this dude's got more. He can represent the mystery dungeon series, as well as a grass starter, as well as ORAS. Grovyle is just SOOO much cooler than Sceptile. I never evolved him.

He could also borrow some moves from Ivysaur such as Razor leaf. Gosh. Grovyle would be SOOO sick. Man, if I got Villager, Megaman, Ridley, Bandanna Dee, Captain Toad AND GROVYLE all in one game? I'd dedicate my life to Sakurai.

I may just have to create a support thread after writing this...
I prefer Sceptile, because it would be a shame to Grass Type fans to have their pokemon only at the 1st Evolution. While fire and water get their 3rd evolution.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I prefer Sceptile, because it would be a shame to Grass Type fans to have their pokemon only at the 1st Evolution. While fire and water get their 3rd evolution.
Correction: Sceptile is 2nd stage.

It's not a shame when the 1st stage is miles better than the second :troll:

EDIT: EVERYONE HOLD UP. THERE HAS BEEN A NEW DEVELOPMENT

THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD FOR THIS GLORIOUSNESS?!?!

http://smashboards.com/threads/dungeon-crawler-from-the-future-grovyle-support-thread.335668/

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I've heard that Xenoblade came out in Europe in August.

OMG...Could it be...could we really get a Villains x Shulk reveal trailer? Granted, I reckon the villains would be reserved for secret character status, but...can anybody imagine a huge trailer confirming the likes of King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Ridley, Dark Pit, Meta Knight, Wolf, ROB, and Mewtwo all in one swoop in an epic battle against Nintendo's heroes, only for the power of the Monado to change their destinies? Heck, just so long as they can fit Ness and Falco in for good measure, then I'm good.

As for Chorus Kids, I reckon if they go the route with the Shulk x Villains trailer, then they, Wario, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff will be confirmed in their own separate trailer.

And then, at the October Direct, Sakurai reveals 8-Bit Mario as a playable character!

But in all seriousness, I'm predicting Shulk, Falco, and Ness getting revealed together in one trailer, Chorus Kids, Wario and Ice Climbers in another, the villains will have their own trailer, and then Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and 8-Bit Mario all get confirmed together in the final trailer.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Can someon etell me where Bandana Dee's following comes from?
Because to me it sort of just seems like making a Goomba playable.
Can someone tell me where Ghirahim's following comes from?
Because to me it sort of just seems like making Agitha playable.

Seriously, the Goomba argument is like the too big argument for Bandana Dee, I have a section for stupid arguments against Bandana Dee in the OP of his thread, you can visite it if you want.
I've heard that Xenoblade came out in Europe in August.

OMG...Could it be...could we really get a Villains x Shulk reveal trailer? Granted, I reckon the villains would be reserved for secret character status, but...can anybody imagine a huge trailer confirming the likes of King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Ridley, Dark Pit, Meta Knight, Wolf, ROB, and Mewtwo all in one swoop in an epic battle against Nintendo's heroes, only for the power of the Monado to change their destinies? Heck, just so long as they can fit Ness and Falco in for good measure, then I'm good.

As for Chorus Kids, I reckon if they go the route with the Shulk x Villains trailer, then they, Wario, Ice Climbers, and Jigglypuff will be confirmed in their own separate trailer.

And then, at the October Direct, Sakurai reveals 8-Bit Mario as a playable character!

But in all seriousness, I'm predicting Shulk, Falco, and Ness getting revealed together in one trailer, Chorus Kids, Wario and Ice Climbers in another, the villains will have their own trailer, and then Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, ROB, and 8-Bit Mario all get confirmed together in the final trailer.
8-Bit Mario? Is that a character from a leak?

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
it's more or less because he was (generally) one of zelda's best-received villains

but i mean agitha is relatively popular too so

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Seriously, the Goomba argument is like the too big argument for Bandana Dee, I have a section for stupid arguments against Bandana Dee in the OP of his thread, you can visite it if you want.
You know, I would rather not visit his thread if his fans are going to be so hostile.

I legitimately do not understand how Bandana Dee distinguishes himself that much Waddle Dees. Yes, he's a reoccurring character, yes, he has a spear.
But I don't see how a slightly more prominent version of an enemy has such a huge following here.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
You know, I would rather not visit his thread if his fans are going to be so hostile.

I legitimately do not understand how Bandana Dee distinguishes himself that much Waddle Dees. Yes, he's a reoccurring character, yes, he has a spear.
But I don't see how a slightly more prominent version of an enemy has such a huge following here.
He's basicly the Toad of the Kirby franchise, but fights a lot more, if that helps.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

I bet 100% of the time, if Toad was not Peach's B. Everyone would freak out saying Toad 100% confirmed. Even though he has NO distinguishing features from other toads.

King Dedede's Side-B can only toss Gordos, and everyone says that is just a coincidence. It is all about preference.

Bandana Dee isn't even in a "Captain Toad" situation, because of the Gordos.

You obviously don't care for him, I can't change that. I probably don't like some of your most wanted characters, I probably won't chance MY stance on them.

We just have to wait and see.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He's basicly the Toad of the Kirby franchise, but fights a lot more, if that helps.
I know what he does. That's not what I'm asking.
I want to know why he's so hugely popular here.

You obviously don't care for him, I can't change that. I probably don't like some of your most wanted characters, I probably won't chance MY stance on them.
We just have to wait and see.
I don't see why you have to make it so personal.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
It probably comes from how over the top and unusual he is for a Zelda character, as well as his original moveset potential.

Somebody thought that Bandana Dee was too big for Smash? Did this guy also happen to think that Ridley was smaller than the Pikmin?

8-Bit Mario? Is that a character from a leak?
Not unless this is a leak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGHahndbEck @ 0:43 (television screen)

If you look closely towards the monitor during the amiibo section, 8-Bit Mario is shown in a separate bubble from Mario. Notice who else is there? Lucina and Mr. Game & Watch, who we all know are playable (the latter just hasn't been officially added to the roster yet). The only characters shown in that picture that we knew for quite some time now are not playable are Tom Nook (part of Villager's Final Smash), Anabelle (Assist Trophy), and Toad (part of Peach's moves). And the Pikmin too, but they are in conjunction with Olimar who is playable anyways. 8-Bit Mario, however, is the only character left whose status remains a mystery.

And given the similar significance to Mr. Game & Watch and ROB, as well as their status as joke retro characters, I reckon the trend will continue. Besides, it looks like a tease if I ever saw one, even if it doesn't look as convincing as, say, Ridley or Dark Pit among other things.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Okay, why I like him?

Because I like the idea of a Henchman becoming playable. I loved his moveset in the game, Spear was by far my favorite powerup. I like the design.

That's it, okay?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, why I like him?
Because I like the idea of a Henchman becoming playable. I loved his moveset in the game, Spear was by far my favorite powerup. I like the design.
That's it, okay?
Again, I don't understand where the hostility comes from. I have not said anything to offend you.
And Toad is a poor comparison from what I'm hearing. Rosalina seems more appropriate, or perhaps one of the enemy characters in the Mario spinoffs, like Shy Guy or Dry Bones.

Shroob

Sup?

I don't see why you have to make it so personal.
I think it's mostly due to Sakurai pushing him as the 4th wheel of the Kirby franchise. It started with Return to Dreamland with him as a playable character, and Triple Deluxe had him as pretty much Kirby's only ally that game until end game.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think it's mostly due to Sakurai pushing him as the 4th wheel of the Kirby franchise. It started with Return to Dreamland with him as a playable character, and Triple Deluxe had him as pretty much Kirby's only ally that game until end game.
Sakurai hasn't really been involved with the Kirby games since Air Ride didn't he? :/

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Thank you, sir, that is...sort of the answer I was looking for.

Though what I really want to know, is why Bandana Dee would not get the AT treatment, as similar characters of his "level" have received.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I bet 100% of the time, if Toad was not Peach's B. Everyone would freak out saying Toad 100% confirmed. Even though he has NO distinguishing features from other toads.
Of course there's no distinguishing factor.
There isn't a "the Toad" to begin with.
Unless you're going to count Captain Toad.

Sakurai didn't develop those games.
He doesn't work on the Kirby franchise anymore.
He stopped after Air Ride, I believe.

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai hasn't really been working on the Kirby games since Air Ride didn't he? Or did I get that info wrong? :/
Well, regardless if it's Sakurai or not, he's still being pushed as the '4th wheel' as far as RtD is concerned, though, I wonder if he'll end up like Toad in the NSMB franchise eventually and get replaced if the franchise continues with games like that, with say, Magolar.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Thank you, sir, that is...sort of the answer I was looking for.

Though what I really want to know, is why Bandana Dee would not get the AT treatment, as similar characters of his "level" have received.
Because I like him, and some others do.

That's all, really.

Sorry if I'm being hostile, because I keep telling you why and it feels like your going, "Lol, no I mean really."

I'm Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom