• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challengers Revealed in Stream (SPOILERS!)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
During the Twitch Streams, fans were treated to not just one but multiple unlockable characters! The hype was real in the various Streams as viewers ached to see which character would be shown next. However, before we proceed, it is important to inform you all that spoilers will be thrown around here so if you have no intention of being spoiled, I suggest that you avoid visiting this article.

Going past this point will bombard you with spoilers...
There has been various Streams showcasing game play footage of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and each one shows something new that we have yet to see. However, one thing that really draws in the views are the characters. It appears by playing through Classic Mode, it is possible for players to unlock certain characters through the starting roster. Here are a few screen captures of the "character title screen":

Duck Hunt Dog makes his way into the roster! While his move set is largely unknown, he is confirmed to use the duck in various attacks such as pecking opponents and carrying him to safety. In addition, the Duck Hunt Dog can summon various NES Hunters to unload lead into his opponents!

Falco returns yet again and doesn't appear to have changed much since Brawl. He was one of the first characters unlocked.

Ness, the psychic kid from Onett, makes his appearance in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. He appears to have been buffed up; especially his psychic abilities. Also confirmed as the Mother home stage is the pink wonderland of Magicant which is unlocked along with Ness.
These are not the only characters that have been shown or unlocked. Here is a current list of characters shown in the Streams:
  • Dark Pit
  • Dr. Mario
  • Ganondorf
  • Mr. Game and Watch
  • Wario
  • Jigglypuff
  • Bowser Jr.
  • R.O.B
To discuss these characters, visit their character sub-categories in the Character Discussion category
To watch this footage, check out these following Streams:

http://www.twitch.tv/yushako
http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama
http://www.twitch.tv/gema_yue

And as always, to read about and discuss this information, visit the following threads:

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS JPN Release Information Thread
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Information Discussion Thread

Venus can't wait to play the game tomorrow night! Join in this hype by following him @VenustoBloom!

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
cool .

can't wait to see all the stages (if theres any missing)

Last edited:

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
gema_yue unlocked Jigglypuff some minutes ago, too. She seems way better than she was in Brawl, apparently.

ZeruSlayer

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1993-8718-4724
Was dark pit a complete clone?
From what I've been watching, yes. Attacks look the same, could be some property changes but it's not distinctive to make him a different character (for ex. his b (arrow) only go straight (streamer probably never moved arrow idk)). Final Smash has not been shown yet to my knowledge

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I doubt there are any more... seems the leak was complete already.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Wow, after watching all night, it's crazy to think that everyone could potentially be unlocked by the time I get back from class. We've come so far...

Wafl

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0533-5686-7357
hopefully we get a lot of good puff skins, i want my headband back!

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
All these guys. Hopefully we have 50+ characters. :3

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I think the new Ness recolors are pretty neat. Also, might have to play Duck Hunt Dog for fun.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
I kinda hope that there will be day 1 free DLC that was purposefully left out to keep the surprise factor

Last edited:

Weavile's Wrath

Smash Apprentice
DHD has colors that make him look like other breeds of dogs. I know Dalmation was one and I think one looked like a Doberman.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
gema_yue unlocked Jigglypuff some minutes ago, too. She seems way better than she was in Brawl, apparently.
hopefully we get a lot of good puff skins, i want my headband back!
You'll be happy, then. She has Hibiscus, Headband, Nurse Hat, Serena Hat, Straw Hat and "girl in Fire Red/Leaf Green" Hat. I like these.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Went to sleep during the feed ... woke up and the guy was unlocking Bowser Jr. That was a nice treat to start the day.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And some streamers, including gema_yue unlocked all ATs. Almost all ATs have been seen with the exception of Isaac and a few others.

Give me playable Isaac already Nintendo!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Which youtubers have a copy of the game and direct feed footage? I can't watch streams on my device :(

Slyzir

Smash Rookie
From what I heard and have seen, he's not a complete clone which makes me extremely happy. Standard is his Dark Pit Staff. Side special is a different arm and hits in a different angle and something about his up special is different too.
Was dark pit a complete clone?

Top Bottom