• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challengers Revealed in Stream (SPOILERS!)

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
The streamer has all these characters that are listed and it seems to look like there are still 5 possible slots left.
But that doesn't mean there will be 5 more
Melees character select didn't form a perfect box when all characters were unlocked
So whether this game will or not is up to time i guess

Fingers crossed though
gotta love secret characters

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ehsto

What do you meanwhat about Ridley?? Ridley was de-confirmed months ago with the reveal about him being astage boss w
Good Lord, we don't have enough proof about Ridley to determine the playable, boss, or both

A ****ing shadow isn't enough proof

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Well...

The message on the second pic says "You've completed All Star mode! You've unlocked/defeated all fighters! Now defeat all fighters! "

I'm afraid to say that this is the complete roster after all. Sorry guys.

Not gonna lie, it makes me sad the lack of Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf. While I wanted Mewtwo back I would have preferred we keep those three as well. Uh, well... reality hits you hard I guess.
Regardless, there is still hope in DLC. They can pull a Mario Kart 8 and maybe provide us with a few of the missing characters.

With that said, while the cuts sadden me and I'm satisfied with the newcomers. I pretty much like everyone that was added this time around. I would say that this roster is better than Brawl's minus those three, they will be missed.

Remember, DLC might still be a thing. We had loses but I also feel we gained a lot more as well.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Well...

The message on the second pic says "You've completed All Star mode! You've unlocked/defeated all fighters!"

Not gonna lie, it makes me sad the lack of Ice Climbers, Lucas and Wolf. While I wanted Mewtwo back I would have preferred we keep those three as well. Uh, well... reality hits you hard I guess.
Regardless, there is still hope in DLC. They can pull a Mario Kart 8 and maybe provide us with a few of the missing characters.

With that said, while the cuts sadden me and I'm satisfied with the newcomers. I pretty much like everyone that was added this time around. I would say that this roster is better than Brawl's minus those three, they will be missed.

Remember, DLC might still be a thing. We had loses but I also feel we gained a lot more as well.
Well... That's that.

Good game everyone, I honestly feel like we lost more than won. This is not really a roster that a lot of people will be satisfied with, myself included.

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
Well...

The message on the second pic says "You've completed All Star mode! You've unlocked/defeated all fighters!"

No way... These empty squares look so weird... Well, I'm glad of the ENORMOUS number of characters we have, but it just doesn't feel "complete".

kdubb

Smash Rookie
Only thing I'm truly salty about is exclusion of IC's . 100% ORIGINAL CHARACTER, and a historic NINTENDO icon as well... My hopes for DLC aren't high, but it would be VERY welcomed.

Yodude57

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yodude57
3DS FC
3282-2513-0940
So, the leak is real *sigh*
I suppose I could be the first big IC's in project M.
But still, REALLY? Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and FREAKING DUCK HUNT DOG over Ice Climbers, Bayonetta, or Ridley? The hell, man...
We don't know who is all in the game yet and duck hunt dog is a cool and unique edition to the cast.

Buttcheeks mcgee

Smash Apprentice
Well...

are you sure this is true it comes from neo gaf anyone can fake it plus thats the leak screen posted onto a 3ds

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Best roster we've had easily.

Yeah missing Lucas, Wolf, ICs is weird.

Yeah I wanted Mewtwo and K.Rool/Dixie

I guess everyone is forgetting about all the awesome newcomers we got that have been announced for awhile, if you are upset with the roster as a whole, you have some issues lol.

If you are let down by these last newcomers / secret characters, you will get over it, I did.

Except Dark Pit, such obvious bias, but I guess he has fans so good for them.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
There could be a time restriction. Some characters may only be unlockable after the world wide release to avoid spoilers

Shadow312

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadzcat
Best roster we've had easily.

Yeah missing Lucas, Wolf, ICs is weird.

Yeah I wanted Mewtwo and K.Rool/Dixie

I guess everyone is forgetting about all the awesome newcomers we got that have been announced for awhile, if you are upset with the roster as a whole, you have some issues lol.

If you are let down by these last newcomers / secret characters, you will get over it, I did.

Except Dark Pit, such obvious bias, but I guess he has fans so good for them.
I don't see how people automatically have issues for not caring or liking the same characters that make you satisfied

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Could someone tell me if there is button customization in the 3DS version? I really want to know if you can change it like in Brawl.

macher09

Smash Rookie
SO MANY GREEDY PEOPLE.
Yes i would like to see Mewtwo but well, LOOK AT THIS ROSTER.
Little Mac ? MEGA MAN ? How can u forget about these things?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I still find it hard to believe the entire roster can be unlocked within... what was it, 12 hours of gameplay? I think I'm still in denial that Mewtwo didn't make it, after all this.

Ah, well. I got R.O.B. back, as well as some pretty nifty newcomers. DHD and Bowser Jr. (so long as I can play as Wendy) are very promising additions. Even without getting the one unconfirmed character I really wanted, there's still much to look forward to! Now, all that's left is waiting for the game to release.

AdamPalma

Smash Rookie
That picture doesn't include Mii Fighters. Is it from online mode? Is that even available yet?

Spaghetti Falco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
brandorf
3DS FC
3024-6627-7748
No way... These empty squares look so weird... Well, I'm glad of the ENORMOUS number of characters we have, but it just doesn't feel "complete".
Im very doubtful of DLC at this point
I feel like Nintendo would have included the likes of Ridley, K Rool, and IC in the original release of the game to generate hype and used Dr. Mario, D Pit, and Wolf as DLC
Unless they're gonna pull some bull with the "New 3DS" having exclusive characters:ohwell:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Zipzo said Mewtwo and Mii fighters isnt a character on the listed so theres like 4 chars left. Im calling it

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
People need to understand that not even DLC will help the Ice Climbers. They didn't make the cut because of the 3DS' limited hardware giving problems, it wouldn't make a difference if they were additional content external to the main game.

If this would've been planned for the N3DS, they might've had a chance, but since they worked on it with the original 3DS in mind, the hardware limitations they had to work with simply wouldn't make Ice Climbers possible, and Sakurai already stated this. I agree that cutting the other Brawl characters (excluding Snake, he's an obvious one-time deal) was stupid, but the Ice Climbers were an impossible feat from the get go, whether the entire Brawl roster made the cut or not.

Last edited:

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
He's a skin
2 things are confirmed

1) The leak was real.

2) THe leak didn't cover all new characters. The 2nd Pikmin character ( I refuse to every memorize his name, he's not worthy) wasn't in it and he's confirmed.
He's a skin

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Mewtwo, Dixie and Chorus Kids? What the heck?

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
I guess Ridley was too big...

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Im very doubtful of DLC at this point
I feel like Nintendo would have included the likes of Ridley, K Rool, and IC in the original release of the game to generate hype and used Dr. Mario, D Pit, and Wolf as DLC
Unless they're gonna pull some bull with the "New 3DS" having exclusive characters:ohwell:
Or Wii u exclusive, but I doubt that seeing that Sakurai said that they will have the same roster.

Jakethesmasher

Smash Rookie
No.gif
What's this? Oh Dr.Mario is confirmed. Leak confirmed.....again. I can't wait to see what other hidden characters there are. I mean with Dr.Mario being in, Mewtwo is a shoe i... Wait....that was the full roster that was leaked? Am i hearing this correctly? No Mewtwo? No surprises left? Huh.....well son of a bi-

Bendezium Dweevil

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-7123-8170
I still find it hard to believe the entire roster can be unlocked within... what was it, 12 hours of gameplay? I think I'm still in denial that Mewtwo didn't make it, after all this.
In melee, didn't you have to play 20 hours of matches or several hundred matches to even unlock Mewtwo? There's still hope if that's still the same requirement.

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
So it's become pretty clear that the 'leaked' roster turns out to be the full completed roster. There's a lot of salt being passed around the table, but to those people, please hear out what I have to say:

Yes, it sucks having Snake, Lucas, Wolf, & IC cut from the game. IC I knew weren't going to make it back cuz Sakurai hinted early in development that they where having technical difficulties with them on the 3DS, it is head scratching why the others where cut, but my theory is that they ran out of time. They prioritized the characters people defiantly wanted back and their new comers, it takes a long time to create a fighting game character guys and I strongly believe that the clones weren't given a priority over them. Sakurai knows people loves these characters no matter how big their popularity, but deadlines are deadlines. Unlike project M Smash 4 doesn't have the benefit of free labor to keep polishing a game and keep pumping stuff in, especially creating and balancing new characters.

I think the clones where added as a way of condolences. "We're sorry we couldn't add the characters you wanted, we just ran out of time. We still want to give you the huge roster we promised though so we hope you will accept these additional characters we're able to scrounge up. Yes they're not original but it's the most we can do right now, please understand."
That's what I believe the mindset of the team was when they added Lucina, Dark Pit & Dr. Mario.

But just look at the HUGE roster we have guys that's 80% original characters! Most fighting games that have a roster pushing 50 are almost all clones of only 5 characters! (Dargon Bal Z Cough Cough)

And DLC is still a possibility guys! We didn't think that Mario Kart 8 would get it but look now! I believe the best way to ensure we can still get our favorite fighters in is supporting Mario Kart 8 DLC. If nintendo sees how successful DLC was for them in Mario Kart, then they'll DEFINTLY start applying it to Smash, right now Nintendo is in a position where they can't refuse a cash cow when it presents itself.

Yes I know it sucks guys, I feel it too, Wolf was ma Boi in Brawl, but I'm still more than greatful for this huge cast of incredibly diverse fighters. I think a lot of smash fans have been spoiled by years of a growing roster, right now I think it's important to step back and appreciate what a magnificent gift we've been given.

Last edited:

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Well...

Here's hoping you don't know Japanese and it reads "you've cleared all-star mode for the first time and you havent unlocked Isaac"

Zoa

Smash Ace
That's not the final roster. Sakurai confirmed Alph as a separate character from Olimar in the PotD. Alph isn't listed on the character select screen shot.

Edit:

Whoops. Never mind. Delved further and he's an alt costume. Sakurai trolling hard by leaving his wording vague on the PotD. Lead me to believe Alph was a separate character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom