• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching! (PROVEN FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Luckily for you Ballad, I wasn't talking about you.

The disc already has hidden character files on it and has memory still left on it too, if they don't add something on the disc that would be ********.
Bolding mine.
The DLC may be in fragments, but Mew could be found in Pokemon Red if you used a gameshark (older action replay). I assume that's the DLC you're talking about.
That is why you couldn't trade G/S original Pokemon to Red/Blue; if it's not in the game and there's no way to look for a way to add it, it cannot be added.

Balladofwindfishes said:
If the VC downloads it directly to your Brawl memory on your hardrive, and the items being downloaded are already on the disc, there IS a way to download them :/
Yes, but if it's already on the disc that means Nintendo planned the DLC in advance. My comment says "if they did not program Brawl to support DLC".

Look at it this way. If Brawl does not support DLC at all (let's say the character files were cut from the game proper and aren't DLC), it won't look for DLC. Brawl's eyes are closed. It looks at its game disc, looks for how many trophies you have . . . but it won't seek new things. You could be a 1337 haxor and create then drop character files for Megaman and Ridley and whoever right beside trophies (assuming you could fit them on a Wii's pitiful flash memory) and Brawl would not ever notice them. EVER. Computers are stupid, and if they don't know to look for something they can never be told to look for them.

Now it's very possible that Nintendo planned DLC. It's very possible that Brawl will search for downloadable content. But if they never planned it, Brawl will never look for it. Ever. Mew was planned when Pokemon was developed, and was always "in" the game. Just not accessible without help.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
They can't "add stuff to the disc". DLC downloads game data to your console/PC's hard drive. The "hidden character files" could easily be incomplete, cut content, or even a joke on Sakurai's part (he loves his pranks, and frankly if it was a prank, it'd be hilarious. Mean, but hilarious).

I'll state this again. If they did not program Brawl to support DLC, then Brawl CANNOT support DLC. Ever. It's like if you buy a computer with no firewire port; you can't just keep jabbing firewire into the USB port. For purposes of this metaphor, assume the computer is like Brawl's game disc; it is a totally closed, unmodifiable system.

If the Brawl developers did not program Brawl to support downloadable content, Brawl will NEVER have downloadable content, regardless of cut content on the disc.
Your sooo smart that you ignored the fact that you yourself don't know if they want it to support dlc or not, thanks you obvious idiot:laugh:

Indignant

Smash Journeyman
We have no idea whether or not DLC was planned during development (I'm surprisingly leaning toward yes...barely...due to the long development time...but that could be attributed to other things so I'm still mostly neutral on the matter)...and won't find out until it is (not) announced. Unless we manage to read and decode EVERY line of coding for the game we will have no idea...and that's extreme for ANYONE to do.

However, if they were going to announce it, they would pick a BIG date for it to happen. Some game conference thing. IF DLC is true (not by this article, just true in general) the PERFECT opportunity to announce it would be on the 18th during Sakurai's Postmortem.

That's my 2 cents anyway.

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to break you bubble, but I can read Japanese, and this article says absolutely nothing about Download contents. Lame.
I don't mean to offend, but what's with peoples saying something like "der, I read Japanese and it doesn't say this"? Why not say what it DOES say? Seriously?

Just saying you can read Japanese means nothing unless you actually contribute - what DOES it say?

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
He wins the thread, guys. Wtfowned.
I also admitted I have a hard time reading kanji, as with this article as well, but I'm pretty confident no online features other than what's already known is not written in there. It's just about how things developed the way they were.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Your sooo smart that you ignored the fact that you yourself don't know if they want it to support dlc or not, thanks you obvious idiot:laugh:
IF. IF. IF.

You're right, I have no idea if they planned DLC. But so many people think that it's magical; you yourself posted that there's still space on the Brawl disc for it!

I just want to do what I can to stop a huge whinefest should DLC not happen or just be limited to the character files found on the disc.

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
We have no idea whether or not DLC was planned during development (I'm surprisingly leaning toward yes...barely...due to the long development time...but that could be attributed to other things so I'm still mostly neutral on the matter)...and won't find out until it is (not) announced. Unless we manage to read and decode EVERY line of coding for the game we will have no idea...and that's extreme for ANYONE to do.

However, if they were going to announce it, they would pick a BIG date for it to happen. Some game conference thing. IF DLC is true (not by this article, just true in general) the PERFECT opportunity to announce it would be on the 18th during Sakurai's Postmortem.

That's my 2 cents anyway.
Well hopefully it won't come to cracking the code of the whole game, i won't get my hopes up or down, we will all know soon enough:dizzy:

dark_Illusion_hokage

Smash Apprentice
IF. IF. IF.

You're right, I have no idea if they planned DLC. But so many people think that it's magical; you yourself posted that there's still space on the Brawl disc for it!

I just want to do what I can to stop a huge whinefest should DLC not happen or just be limited to the character files found on the disc.

but i never said the left over space was for dlc, i meant that it was for characters.
>>

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
but i never said the left over space was for dlc, i meant that it was for characters.
>>
. . . once a Wii disc is created, you can't add stuff to it. DLC goes to the hard drive. I honestly can't see any other way to interpret what you're saying other than filling the disc itself. The vast majority of games don't fill up the entire game disc.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is fake.

I, and several other people, have combed the article for any reference of what Masterem claimed to be in the article but to no avail. The article is a real interview with Sakurai, but the information Masterem posted was a complete lie.

And let me clear something up. If Masterem was copy/pasting this from somewhere else (he should have provided a source) that would be OK by this forums rules. If he made this up, he would be punished for doing so. However, it doesn't matter what really happened anymore. Given Masterem's conduct and behavior regarding the moderators actions, I'm still going to issue him an infraction. And given his previous infractions already, this will likely become a temporary ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom