• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching! (PROVEN FAKE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterem243

Smash Lord
It's doesn't matter if it's possible, there is no direct proof of that it will happen and most people aren't going to simply believe an article that a majority of us can't read without a reliable translation.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest that they would do this. It's just more speculation based on junks files in the games file structure which I'll once again say means little.
How about it's a highly anticipated game, where downloadable content would make sense in a game. Remember the last game like that? It was Guitar Hero III.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I can't believe how this thread blew up. If you're going to go with your top 5 Brawl downloadable hopefuls, I'll go with....

1. Krystal
2. King K. Rool
3. Paper Mario
4. Midna/Wolf Link
5. Mewtwo

PS- UNEDIT MY POST, YOU *******S!

I don't know about everyone else but I definately wasn't posting my top five; I was posting the characters who didn't become playable in Brawl but still have data on the Brawl disc.

Thino

Smash Master
guys quit hurtin this guy, hes just passing some info...
I'm sorry but passing info doesn't mean copy-pasting every troll post he sees by hanging on different forums. he does know the importance of what he's posting to us , it should require at least some kind of verification before posting

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
How about it's a highly anticipated game, where downloadable content would make sense in a game. Remember the last game like that? It was Guitar Hero III.
Remember how Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii has DLC?

Oh wait, it doesn't. Yes, Activision can say they will until the cows come home. They also shipped the game with mono sound (yes, a music game with mono sound). EA shipped Medal of Honour 2: Heroes to Australia with online play mentioned on the box . . . but not in the game.

DLC has NOT been promised by Nintendo. Stuff cut from the game does NOT mean DLC, it means nothing. It could be "DLC" (and terrible DLC at that, considering its already on the disc); but there's also a huge chance that it means nothing.

Until Nintendo issues a press release that states Brawl will have DLC, there is no proof that there will be DLC. No amount of speculation and "evidence" will cause DLC to appear if Nintendo won't support it.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but passing info doesn't mean copy-pasting every troll post he sees by hanging on different forums. he does know the importance of what he's posting to us , it should require at least some kind of verification before posting
Well maybe he's posting it so that other people (who know Japanese) can verify it?
Nothing wrong with giving information so others can check it out, since when is it forbidden on the boards to post info so that others can discuss about it/ find out what it really is???

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
feel Lucky you even found a possibly Legitamate article about it

If everything had to be verified before hand, then there would be rather little news or excitement

Hell, getting people hyped about this would be a good thing. If Nintendo saw how much support there is for such an Idea they would probably consider it something worth doing.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
translate.
Ehh...I'm trying to read this, but the font on the photo is a bit small to comprehend.

I was able to make out the conversation that there is a lot of unlockable characters, and Sakurai urges the players to find them all (already did that;)), but no signs of a new channel or anything. It's best to leave this as "false assumption".

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
feel Lucky you even found a possibly Legitamate article about it
If everything had to be verified before hand, then there would be rather little news or excitement
Hell, getting people hyped about this would be a good thing. If Nintendo saw how much support there is for such an Idea they would probably consider it something worth doing.
No, people getting falsely excited is not good. That is why there was a huge uproar over the 35 character roster. No offense to humankind, but they can be idiots sometimes. They will get absurdly hyped over things with no proof (see: the IGN boards and Ridley) and then curse out the Brawl devs for promising Ridley. Some idiot posted a fake interview about how "Brawl will have no clones" and about 2/3rds of the IGN Boards still cite that as proof for Sakurai lying to them personally and burning down their home and eating their cookies.

If Sakurai & Team Smash did not plan for Brawl to have DLC when programming it, there cannot be DLC in Brawl ever.

The DMK Taku

Smash Rookie
I made a ****ty attempt to randomly translate one of the headings (right most column, top most words in gray circle). Keep in mind I really don't know Japanese, just have a very rough idea of how to translate this and did it with hirigana and katakana charts open. The first word from what I can tell is kiyarakuta in katakana which I think is character. I'm pretty positive on this one. There are two symbols I can't decipher after that, maybe kanji, and the last two hirigana symbols were hard to really get but I think after those first 2 symbols I can't get it's terutokerokosa. Teruto is a name, and I am probably reading this **** wrong anyway, no idea where words end.

All I can tell you is one heading says something with the word character, and then maybe someone's name? Maybe it is talking about a character designer or something?

And please for the love of God keep in mind I know jack about Japanese if any of this is completely wrong.

See: What japtar said.

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Im wondering is it possible for someone to alter the game and put links other costumes in there. TP is already dumped and being used....Smashbros is halfway there..I think.

Id like to see Links TP Ninja outfit, and his Ordon? outfit too.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It only makes sense because your making it sound like it in your head.

What Activision does can be very different then what Nintendo or Sora Ltd intend. You can't assume such thigns based on the actions of a company which I've seen no content downloads for the Wii anyway.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
The disc already has hidden character files on it and has memory still left on it too, if they don't add something on the disc that would be ********.
A lot of games have graphics and artwork in them that are never used but left on the disc, so it wouldn't be as lame as you make it out to be... it would just be normal.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
I made a ****ty attempt to randomly translate one of the headings (right most column, top most words in gray circle). Keep in mind I really don't know Japanese, just have a very rough idea of how to translate this and did it with hirigana and katakana charts open. The first word from what I can tell is kiyarakuta in katakana which I think is character. I'm pretty positive on this one. There are two symbols I can't decipher after that, maybe kanji, and the last two hirigana symbols were hard to really get but I think after those first 2 symbols I can't get it's terutokerokosa. Teruto is a name, and I am probably reading this **** wrong anyway, no idea where words end.

All I can tell you is one heading says something with the word character, and then maybe someone's name? Maybe it is talking about a character designer or something?

And please for the love of God keep in mind I know jack about Japanese if any of this is completely wrong.

See: What japtar said.
I have an inability to remember Kanji, but most kanji's here are translated to simpler hiragana (which I'm natural at). I cannot find any reference to downloadable contents from this article (I can only read about a half of it. Too small, or glare too bright), so as the moderator have said, this should be left as false.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
A lot of games have graphics and artwork in them that are never used but left on the disc, so it wouldn't be as lame as you make it out to be... it would just be normal.
but the shere amount of data and memory used is not something they would just leave in the disc. Most games leave maybe 2 animations, maybe a BETA stage.

Never have 6 playable characters and over 40 songs (which take up A LOT of memory) be left in the disc.
If Sakurai intended to have a downloadable character, the easiest and "cleanest" way to to just have them in the game already, and have them just require some crucial pieces of data that can't be replicated. The "lost" songs are so encoded into the game, it'll take hackers weeks to even begin to search around those files and decode the songs. Nintendo could easily just make you "download" the songs, even though you're actually just unlocking them.

We're talking almost a half a gig (which is 1/16 of the disc) in "leftover" data, including fully recorded songs, and almost complete characters.

But I still don't believe this article, I'm just sure this is something Nintendo has planned.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
The disc already has hidden character files on it and has memory still left on it too, if they don't add something on the disc that would be ********.
They can't "add stuff to the disc". DLC downloads game data to your console/PC's hard drive. The "hidden character files" could easily be incomplete, cut content, or even a joke on Sakurai's part (he loves his pranks, and frankly if it was a prank, it'd be hilarious. Mean, but hilarious).

I'll state this again. If they did not program Brawl to support DLC, then Brawl CANNOT support DLC. Ever. It's like if you buy a computer with no firewire port; you can't just keep jabbing firewire into the USB port. For purposes of this metaphor, assume the computer is like Brawl's game disc; it is a totally closed, unmodifiable system.

If the Brawl developers did not program Brawl to support downloadable content, Brawl will NEVER have downloadable content, regardless of cut content on the disc.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
They can't "add stuff to the disc". DLC downloads game data to your console/PC's hard drive. The "hidden character files" could easily be incomplete, cut content, or even a joke on Sakurai's part (he loves his pranks, and frankly if it was a prank, it'd be hilarious. Mean, but hilarious).

I'll state this again. If they did not program Brawl to support DLC, then Brawl CANNOT support DLC. Ever. It's like if you buy a computer with no firewire port; you can't just keep jabbing firewire into the USB port. For purposes of this metaphor, assume the computer is like Brawl's game disc; it is a totally closed, unmodifiable system.

If the Brawl developers did not program Brawl to support downloadable content, Brawl will NEVER have downloadable content, regardless of cut content on the disc.
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Darkjad

Smash Cadet
Thank you Captain Obvious.
Somebody above just posted about how there's space remaining on the Brawl disc, as if its relevant to DLC.

Somebody has to say it, and big. I did make it smaller. But there are a lot of people who think DLC is magical and can be added retroactivally. Somebody has to say it.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman

that's not true at all, especially since DLC IS in th game in the form of fragments, which is how Nintendo has been doing DLC since the days of Pokemon Green.

If the VC downloads it directly to your Brawl memory on your hardrive, and the items being downloaded are already on the disc, there IS a way to download them :/

Somebody above just posted about how there's space remaining on the Brawl disc, as if its relevant to DLC.

Somebody has to say it, and big. I did make it smaller. But there are a lot of people who think DLC is magical and can be added retroactivally. Somebody has to say it.
Nowhere in my post does it say there is room on the brawl disc.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Other guy said: Thank you Captain Obvious. Then he said: Remember your rank Sargent Sarcasm
Now I'm saying:
Settle down, Corporal Comeback.

Oh and this has lost all credibility thaks for SP saying translating it (Roughly) So it's lost all meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom