• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching: His Prescription? KOs

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I have a question...

Do these characters work in regular Brawl as well if you use the codes? Or are they "tweaked" to Brawl+ so the different physics of vBrawl will mess them up?
If you take the codeset it is going to be for Brawl+.
Technically you could take all the codes that start with Mario's ID number and only put those into a .gct and only have the Doc changes in vBrawl.
But you are right in saying that they are designed specifically with B+ in mind, and Doc's combo game would disappear in vBrawl; I suppose Doc wouldn't be totally screwed in vBrawl like the B+ Roy would be though.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
His f-smash is slightly lacking in range right now (needs about 1.5-2.0 handwidths more range beyond the palm), but that will be addressed in the future.

Otherwise, what exactly did you have in mind?

camelot

Smash Ace
I'm trying a different "style" on the Doc texture I'm working on... basically, his coat isn't buttoned and you can see the undershirt. I did this mostly because it's hard to make it actually look like he's wearing a coat. I'll post pics in a while...

I can't decide what to do with his hat. It's still the plain old red hat. I need suggestions on what to do with it.

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok folks, here's what I have. Like I said, hard to make it look like a coat. (Which is why it has a different style, as mentioned in above post)

I might've made the gloves a little too dark, and I haven't edited the hat (I don't know what to do with it). Nevertheless, please give me your opinions, and/or suggestions for the hat.

timothyung

Smash Ace
Really good I would say, good use of the buttons to make them look like pockets.
The glove is a bit too dark. Just make it slightly brighter.
And...stethoscope? Also the coat can be longer
Really no idea how to fix the cap though...

camelot

Smash Ace
^ I can't really make the coat longer, otherwise it gets that "glued on" look, which isn't good. Stethoscope, too, gets that look (I've actually tried it, didn't look very good).

camelot

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I can't edit it enough to make it look like there's a headband there, because of the shape of the hair. Believe me when I say I'm not just being lazy, it really is not possible to get an even half-way decent looking headband.

We can at least use the code to remove the hat, I guess.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Doc seems to have no range, I don't remember him being like this in melee.

Dunno though.
doc didn't have range, his farthest reaching moves in melee were ftilt and dsmash (or jab/cape, if you really think of it that way.) if they sped up ftilt i'd be happy since he doesn't have marios fsmash range.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
Camelot, I agree with the gloves being a light shade of white.

I also think that the hatless Mario would be the most accurate, headgear-wise.

If you could find and use the texture for the white cape I think that it'd be pretty close to Melee Doc =)

Character-wise, how good is Doc coming along so far? Has he changed as to not be a superior Mario? That's how I felt he was last I tried him.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I'm trying a different "style" on the Doc texture I'm working on... basically, his coat isn't buttoned and you can see the undershirt. I did this mostly because it's hard to make it actually look like he's wearing a coat. I'll post pics in a while...

I can't decide what to do with his hat. It's still the plain old red hat. I need suggestions on what to do with it.
I'm thinking that you should color the whole hat white, and then put the logo of some hospital (KAISER) on it.

That makes him a Doc. lol

but that is the only idea that you have so far, so at least try my idea out :p

camelot

Smash Ace

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
camelot, did you even read my post...?
cuz it looks like you completely skipped it :/
PLZ read it, it will make me happy :)

timothyung

Smash Ace
He maybe even working on it.
You never know.
Seeing that an accurate Doc texture is so hard to be made, having a new design is not a bad idea. The coat already has a new design, which is not bad at all. Removing the hat would be more accurate though. So, new design or accuracy?

camelot

Smash Ace
Don't worry, I read it, cookieM0Nster.

And I personally would like to remove the hat, timothyung.

-------

Now off the subject of textures for a second...

I also have a small suggestion for Doc's fsmash. Since it's impossible to remove the fireball from it, maybe you could set the fireball to a really weak hit (6% damage with no flinch?). It's not really necessary, but it just looks awkward to hit with an explosion that does nothing.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be uploading Doc vs. Roy wifi friendlies, I managed to use a snapshot and double .gct to get both since neither codes have the actual codes for them (I think) so you can't export them as one. Doc could use a bit more range IMO.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
There's a white cape made by RoyMaster4.

pic: http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c...?action=view&current=al_090503_1008binout.jpg (the Doc texture there is not mine)
download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ofqrnynvmmn

Rename the file as FitMarioMotionEtc.pac, and put it in the Mario texture folder (in case you didn't already know).
I haven't put in textures for motions before, so does it actually need to say Etc in it? If not, what would be the words for the cape exactly, if it isn't color specific?

Also, I'm dumb for forgetting that the cape is a separate texture I download =P

Wander

Smash Journeyman
@camelot: I really, really like that Doc texture. I understand how it's almost impossible to make a good-looking stethoscope or headband directly onto his hair, but I think the rest of him looks fantastic. With a remove-the-hat code, I think that's the closest we're going to get to looking like the Doc.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
why don't you guys just use the remove the hack code to get rid of the hat. it would make a much better Doc Mario.

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
I remember cape saying that doc would be finished before roy and the others. It seems he's slacking.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
One more bump - this is one project I really wanted to see finished. Camelot has an excellent texture finished (though yes, the gloves are a little too dark) and we have a working hatless code. As far as I know, the physics changes didn't cause any major glitches. Here's hoping if Cape doesn't finish this project, he lets someone else take it over.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Don't worry, Cape's still on the job. We're going through some final tweaks for Mario, and then we'll take another look at redefining Doc with updated changes, which will likely be rather different from the current set here.

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
camelot, can you post a version of your texture without the hat? I think that would make the best doc, I really like how you did the coat, it is a different style, but it makes mario look more unique than other doc textures which is what we are going for here.

also were doc and mario identical sizes and proportions or has there been size modification?

camelot

Smash Ace
camelot, can you post a version of your texture without the hat? I think that would make the best doc, I really like how you did the coat, it is a different style, but it makes mario look more unique than other doc textures which is what we are going for here.

also were doc and mario identical sizes and proportions or has there been size modification?
I don't have the hat-less code, could you post it? I'll take some screenshots without the hat then.

By the way... I'm not really sure what to do with the FLUDD part of the Doc texture. Right now I've just colored it white/dark grey instead of yellow/blue (respectively), the handles are also dark grey, and the belt remains brown. Should I change it?

-------

Also, please consider my idea for f-smash, since I can't find a way to remove the fireball. I was thinking you could make the fireball do around 8(?) damage, but still not make them flinch. It just looks really awkward to have the fireball hit somebody and it do absolutely nothing... kinda throws you off.

timothyung

Smash Ace
camelot you should at least color the "bottle" part of the FLUDD green, and maybe keep all other colors the same? I mean it's still FLUDD. Though white and dark should fit Doc's style... And you may want to color the belt black

Wander

Smash Journeyman
A red and blue color scheme for FLUDD instead of yellow, blue, and brown on the handles should work since it fits the pill colors. The belt could stay brown, I don't think it's really that obvious.

Rudra

Smash Ace
I was wondering....if it's possible to edit effects (such as slashes), would it be possible to do something with the fireball instead of removing it? (like making it a dark purple w/ a darkness element)

Wander

Smash Journeyman
It should be possible to give it the darkness element and change it's color, but I'm not sure why you would want to. Dr. Mario is not in the business of making people sick.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I'm totally confused now - are you talking about Mario's Fsmash, Mario's projectile, Doc's Fsmash, or Doc's projectile?

Top Bottom