• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
uhh yea sure

there's just a certain thing i do with the info box and the order i upload

cuz i like to put everything in the info, so people don't ask me a bunch of questions

it looks like alot but i basically just copy and paste everything

the order i do is the vids is by the bracket

the winners side first and then the losers

i also do the annotation thing to, but that i can do once its upload so thats whatever

if you guys can do it like that then go for it

i just don't wanna worry about uploading since im already mad behind

but ima upload combo food 7 and upload cf 8 vids up tonite hopefully

Violence

Smash Lord
Hey Rey, I have a splitter and pretty much all of the hardware necessary to record, as well as a Pinnacle Studio CD. Nick(Mackadocious) is using my stuff today to record, I think he said the only thing we needed was a serial number. If we can get that, then I should have everything you need to record if you just bring a lappy and an external.

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
i believe that you believe that

now you should try and make me believe that
hm.

are people limited in the # of channels they can subscribe to or something?

if someone can't be bothered to subscribe to one more channel, why do you, as a video producer, care about their watching it at all?
I don't think there's a limit to the number of channels. The problem isn't about people being lazy to subscribe, but rather that they may not know about the video being uploaded in the first place.

The only thing I really care about is my videos getting views. If I upload videos on Brandon's account, it'll get more exposure than with my account. I can get more subscribers to my account by uploading some videos, but I'd rather build on Brandon's popularity -- since he's been much more naturally interested in the video-aspect of the smash community: commentary.

EDIT:

Hey Violence, can you bring it to SFSU on saturday?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
what times does singles usually start? I have to drop my bro off at the SFO airport around 2ish, I can probably go around 2:30-3ish to play some friendlies at the very least.

joeplicate

Smash Master
i think you guys are just *****es and need to strike out on your own

"but but ubt i the vids don't get as much views and i easy brandon youtube"

I DONT WANNA HEAR IT!!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I don't know what room this will be in yet. If it's not established by tomorrow night, you guys can wander around and look for me or listen for Dreamland. I am going to try to take either the usual 1st floor room with the door into the courtyard, or the 2nd floor room by the stairs with the 2 side rooms.

Tafo, if you come at 3 you'll almost certainly make it in time for singles.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what room this will be in yet. If it's not established by tomorrow night, you guys can wander around and look for me or listen for Dreamland. I am going to try to take either the usual 1st floor room with the door into the courtyard, or the 2nd floor room by the stairs with the 2 side rooms.

Tafo, if you come at 3 you'll almost certainly make it in time for singles.
As someone who has attended one of these before but doesn't remember where it is, and is worried about the size of sfsu and ability to find the room, roughly where is this?

Edit: nvm, checked first post, humanities building

Violence

Smash Lord
Of course, why wouldn't you?

Don't pay for singles or double, just play friendlies on unused TVs, watch matches, just come and have fun.

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
Thats very good! I will do that then, i would liek to participate but i have no moonehhh, and its been so long ever since d: 2 years ago

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Shut up Connor.

Yes it's fine if you bring SSB but we may have to jack the TV you use when singles time comes around.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i'm kinda against having 64 there

how many people can they drum up on one-day's notice anyway? (although i suppose this argument goes both ways)

more tvs for friendlies!

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
cool, thanks. i can prolly get around 10 people to go for smash 64. we'll try to bring a couple of tvs too, but if not, u guys can take them when singles come around.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
does this mean......i could host something.....on the weekend of the 17th? a warm up for gsg? to keep back to back to back to back to mof***in back tournies?

joeplicate

Smash Master
maybe tigerbombz will go for 64!

he lives in santa cruz, yet i've talked to him a total of like 3 times!!

my thoughts about people coming in to play friendlies:
it's cool if you talk to people! what i don't like is someone who hogs up a TV and simultaneously has a bad attitude or gets frustrated at his azz-whoopins!

big respect to people who go though and introduce themselves
it shows a lot on the character when they introduce themselves to the community, not just "i'm prolly gonna go in and get *****" and then "oh i got ***** maybe see you guys at the next regional" after they don't say anything the whole tournament =[

that's lightweight wack
but all the homies like kenneth and young wus who go there and start shootin the **** with the germ
that's what's up :):)

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
DarkMike and I are going to try and go to this...We have to come up with like...at least 40 bucks overnight...We're at 8 so far. lol. It looks like its time to go sell some games =(

pockyD

Smash Legend
1. Shroomed
2. LunInSpectra
3. PewPewU
4. SilentSpectre
5. Phil07
5. MEXICAN
7. SFAT
7. HomeMadeWaffles
9. pockyD
9. tafokints

then 10 more who didn't make it out of SWISS

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
ggs everyone =)
thanks for taking care of everything sheridan
you to kevin ill bring yoru screw driver to bio
i swear!
<3

pockyD

Smash Legend
can someone give me the tio for this for the player records?
Sheridan has the TIO and the swiss excel file, but he's in novato so i expect you can get them from him tomorrow or tuesday

Concerning Swiss: I had some reservations in the moment about round difficulty (in particular with tafokints), but as I put more thought into it, I realized that was the way it was SUPPOSED to be; in beating the difficult players, he was 'proving' that he deserved to be matched up with more difficult players in the next round... and if he had lost instead, then he would have had an easier set of pairings, all (hopefully) ultimately culminating in the same score, which is the idea of Swiss.

I liked it; all the ranked players got to play more competitive matches with each other, while most players got multiple shots at people in their similar skill bracket as well, and I don't feel like anyone got "screwed" except maybe Alan, who randomly drew Rey in the last round (out of everyone who had 2 points, someone had to play someone with 3 points); it wasn't any worse than getting unlucky in a bracket though

Top Bottom