• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is the link for that in the OP?

I bought the badge thinking that's all we needed.

Edit: Found it.
I wish I could see who's all signed up...I could only see it when I initially signed up

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I wish I could see who's all signed up...I could only see it when I initially signed up
Things are on the quiet front until after Final Round( 14th year as the biggest Tourney in the Southeast for SF in Atlanta) is done next week. After that I'll start pushing the ball with pre reg lists and all that jazz. It's on the very first post to see who has registered and it's not very many for Smash.

Any idea why that is or is still too far out for people?
Alex

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
The ruleset URL is wrong (for Melee). This is it: http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/melee.html

I just want everyone to be aware also that, I made ruleset page (which is on my sites server) mainly meant for Apex 2010 and says that wobbling is LEGAL. Just giving the heads up in case =P I don't mind that it's being used.

I made another for Zenith which fixes up some loose rules and bans wobbling if you want that one: http://cloti-aikou.net/apex/zenith/melee.html

I'm thinking about making a standardized one though. /random thinking

Anyhoo, this looks fun! I'll see if Alex and I can make it :D

Pengie

Smash Lord
Because apparently mods don't think that this is a big enough priority right now (they're wrong of course).

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Well I definitely want to hype this up, this definitely should be stickied, too.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hmmm this is around the same time as another national :p isnt that gonna deter alot of prospects for this one? Sux x.o

What's the hype level on this for OoS ppl so far? :p

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Can this please get a sticky?

A tournament this big and sponsor-laden shouldn't be overlooked!

Help me out mods!
don e

edit:actually, before this can be stickied, the brawl ruleset needs to be approved by hylian, So I'll send him a PM about it. For now it'll be unstickied until thats taken care of.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Yaaaaaaaay Sticky!!! =DDDDD

Anyway, after watching the Final Round XIV stream I'm hyped for more than just Smash; Marvel 3 is going to be crazy at this!!!

CPRman01

Smash Rookie
Orlando Smashers!

hey, I own and operate a small gaming store in orlando. we just iopened and i'm currently looking for some Smashers to come through and hang and make this place their own. Anyone down?

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
bump!
this needs a his needs a sticky!!!

any sponsored event should always be a priority of this community to attend.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Is there pot bonus's?

otherwise this is on a bad date, it clashes with an ohio tournament with 100 person attendance.

pot bonus's would change that though
Lol this is a fighting game major that just happens to have smash. The date isn't changing cause its not the main focus

And I don't think Theres any pot bonuses

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
don e

edit:actually, before this can be stickied, the brawl ruleset needs to be approved by hylian, So I'll send him a PM about it. For now it'll be unstickied until thats taken care of.
Whatever needs to be done for that just let me know about the rules. I was at Final Round 14( a Big Street Fighter Event in the Southeast) this past weekend so I was swamped with that but now I'm back home and following this thread. There were over 20,000 Stream Viewers all weekend long at Final Round and CEO was HEAVILY Promoted, IE I commentated matches and sat on stream video bombing in my CEO shirt lol. What this means to Smash probably isn't much but for the event as a whole it's turning into something bigger than I ever imagined.

As for Smash Pot Bonuses, I'm not gonna fall the same fate of Pound and promise stuff I can't deliver on(However regardless if my Event fails or I get screwed by hotel rooms I will still pay 100% of the pot money so that is a non issue which can be vouched by anyone who knows me). So until I get a good feel for top players considering attending it'll just be a Full Pot Entree Fee Payout. But I'm open to ideas, or if anyone want to add their own pot bonus you will get HIGH recognition on CEO gaming as that said person putting up bonuses for whichever Smash Game you want. I'm only man I can only do so much, but with everyone's collective help I can build something very special for you guys in the future.

So again let me know on what are the Official Rules so I can update everything.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Jebailey pretty much created a final round in Orlando. Although I was disappointed at the hype levels of the crowd at FR. They seemed dead.

Thanks for hosting smash here as well btw. Now i can watch super and mahvel in person. Pad warrior wolfkrone is my hero lol

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
mink is draggin on the floor, fire in my windpipe

edit:

Whatever needs to be done for that just let me know about the rules. I was at Final Round 14( a Big Street Fighter Event in the Southeast) this past weekend so I was swamped with that but now I'm back home and following this thread. There were over 20,000 Stream Viewers all weekend long at Final Round and CEO was HEAVILY Promoted, IE I commentated matches and sat on stream video bombing in my CEO shirt lol. What this means to Smash probably isn't much but for the event as a whole it's turning into something bigger than I ever imagined.

As for Smash Pot Bonuses, I'm not gonna fall the same fate of Pound and promise stuff I can't deliver on(However regardless if my Event fails or I get screwed by hotel rooms I will still pay 100% of the pot money so that is a non issue which can be vouched by anyone who knows me). So until I get a good feel for top players considering attending it'll just be a Full Pot Entree Fee Payout. But I'm open to ideas, or if anyone want to add their own pot bonus you will get HIGH recognition on CEO gaming as that said person putting up bonuses for whichever Smash Game you want. I'm only man I can only do so much, but with everyone's collective help I can build something very special for you guys in the future.

So again let me know on what are the Official Rules so I can update everything.
The following thread will probably be relevant to your concerns.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292389

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Wasn't there another one too? Maybe i'm just crazy. I thought there was another one too...

and i'm not draggin' on the flooooor :(

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
This is the real thread lol.

Apparently they're going to stream the "King of Chinatown" Premiere here, which is a documentary about Justin Wong.
It won't be streamed it's an actual live showing of it there by the makers, They can't stream it cause it's not online anywhere and they don't want anyone to copy and leak it since it's not officially out.

Someone do me a favor I have so much on my plate right now, can someone do a write up or links of the rules I need for this event to make it get a sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom