• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Fighting Game Championships Orlando FL, 18,000Sqft Venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
This looks serious.

So I'm curious as to whether the payouts for smash will be the standard pot entry payouts or a possible guaranteed payout.
I have guaranteed pots for Super Sf4 and Marvel 3 cause of their huge draw and being seeded tournaments for EVO this year. I'm working on sponsorships and cash and hopefully they will work out and I can spread them across the board to help out the other events.

But yeah it's the usual Smash payouts, After the badge which goes to covering the cost of the venue and all my expenses for this event (read: life savings) you then pay the tournament entry for each game and nothing gets taken from that so it's 100% of the tournament entry pot.

This event's successed is based pretty much on me selling over 270 Room nights total for that weekend. If I don't I'm in big trouble money wise, so I highly suggest to show your support to stay at the hotel, for that location it's an amazing rate and the hotel is so big it's pretty much gonna be a party all weekend so you'll wanna be there.

Pengie

Smash Lord
Sooooooooo... Why is this thread dehyped? This should easily be one of the best tournaments of the year!!!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This is one of the only weekends I have open during the summer. I went to the last CEO, might as well go to this one too.

I plan on attending as long as the date stays. Hypeee? =]

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
I will be at this tournament. Great announcement with plenty of time. I know a room is 79 bucks too. That makes me pandy. I will be down for this. Yay!!!

And we all know I will want a TvC showing. Too bad it will not happen... meh

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I don't see Melee in the banner =[[
We could only put so much on one banner without cluttering it. Melee is just as much a part of this.

Early Bird Registration ends on Monday to save you 5 bucks. I'm starting to get a lot of registrations for badges. Just remember to buy your badge and then register your Name on the first post for Smash Games only, And pay to sign up for any other games you might be interested on the EventBrite.

If you guys ever have questions don't hesitate to email me at CEOGAMING@gmail.com

Alex

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
We could only put so much on one banner without cluttering it. Melee is just as much a part of this.

Early Bird Registration ends on Monday to save you 5 bucks. I'm starting to get a lot of registrations for badges. Just remember to buy your badge and then register your Name on the first post for Smash Games only, And pay to sign up for any other games you might be interested on the EventBrite.

If you guys ever have questions don't hesitate to email me at CEOGAMING@gmail.com

Alex

What's the attendance lookin like atm?

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
I noticed that smash (melee and brawl) is at multiple qualifying events but not at evo anymore. Why?
I do not know the official answer to this but I think the year EVO had smash the attendance was good but that was at a time where there was nothing on the EVO side of games. With the HUGE resurgence of Street Fighter 4 I don't think they needed Smash anymore to pad the numbers. Last year's EVO had like 4000 people attend and this year is supposed to be even bigger cause of Marvel VS Capcom 3.

Again I can't speak for EVO so I don't know why they only did it once then again I'm thinking about it and maybe it was because of MLG picking up Smash and MLG and EVO never working out in the long run. Now look what happened MLG dropped Tekken which shows they didn't care too much for the hardcore fighting game fans.

I'm hosting SMASH because I have the room, it helps attendance of course and I respect HungryBox and the rest of the local smash Community since I used to play it myself.

As for the person asking what Attendance is looking like, So far I've had about 100 badge sales overall not including smash. Projected Overall attendance is at least 500 but possibly 1000. This is gonna be really big. Just finished the Flyers to go out everywhere so check them out here http://ceogaming.org/

Also If you want to save 5 bucks, Early Bird Badge Pre Reg ends on Monday the 28th, then the weekend badges go up to 30 dollars.

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that smash (melee and brawl) is at multiple qualifying events but not at evo anymore. Why?
dude are you going to this??? o.o i'll most likely be here so MM me XD

I do not know the official answer to this but I think the year EVO had smash the attendance was good but that was at a time where there was nothing on the EVO side of games. With the HUGE resurgence of Street Fighter 4 I don't think they needed Smash anymore to pad the numbers. Last year's EVO had like 4000 people attend and this year is supposed to be even bigger cause of Marvel VS Capcom 3.

Again I can't speak for EVO so I don't know why they only did it once then again I'm thinking about it and maybe it was because of MLG picking up Smash and MLG and EVO never working out in the long run. Now look what happened MLG dropped Tekken which shows they didn't care too much for the hardcore fighting game fans.

I'm hosting SMASH because I have the room, it helps attendance of course and I respect HungryBox and the rest of the local smash Community since I used to play it myself.

As for the person asking what Attendance is looking like, So far I've had about 100 badge sales overall not including smash. Projected Overall attendance is at least 500 but possibly 1000. This is gonna be really big. Just finished the Flyers to go out everywhere so check them out here http://ceogaming.org/

Also If you want to save 5 bucks, Early Bird Badge Pre Reg ends on Monday the 28th, then the weekend badges go up to 30 dollars.
I'll try to get as much bahamain smasher to come to this =D everything looks really good, I'm all hands in right now :) ( OMFG i gotta meet Justin I <3 him lol)

TKila

Smash Apprentice
hey Guys i am confuse..... (i do not speak english very well)

There will be CEO Tournament?? yes Or No ( Imean SMASH XD)

because in the last post that Googlymyname Post D: that is what i understand D:
i hope i am wrong..... cause! i am notEating Lunch n dinner or going to partys D: with the fact i am going to this xD

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hey Guys i am confuse..... (i do not speak english very well)

There will be CEO Tournament?? yes Or No ( Imean SMASH XD)

because in the last post that Googlymyname Post D: that is what i understand D:
i hope i am wrong..... cause! i am notEating Lunch n dinner or going to partys D: with the fact i am going to this xD
There will be smash at this tournament, CEO

There will NOT be smash at EVO 2k11.

but again, There will be smash at this particular tournament, CEO

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
Thanks for clearing that up.

CEO is an EVO Sanctioned Event for Street Fighter 4 and Marvel Vs Capcom 3. But there are other Tournament games featured including Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl.

Today is the last day for Early bird Badge Reg to save 5 bucks on your badge.

Also if you want to bring any friends to the event that don't want to compete they can purchase a Spectator badge at the event for $20 for the entire weekend.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I almost wanna buy a 360 marvel versus pad, a neogeo ps3 usb pad, and learn about 2d fighters. The winterbrawl stream was so hype...especially the pad viper player winning super

Jebailey teach me the ways of actual 2d fighters!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Man, i've been holding off from buying my badge....
Because i'm not 100% that i'll be here.

but the longer iw ait.... the more it is.

OH GOD.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
......registered for what?

All smash players have to do is buy the badge. We pay our entry fees for Brawl/Melee (Singles/Doubles) at the door.

What game did you register for?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
He probably means signing up on that Google document sheet that we have to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom