• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm 3 1v1 thread (doubles semi finals r1)

D1

Banned via Administration
IMO its more smart than JUST technical...I mean look how he waited for KDJ to use his 2nd jump after launchin him w/ a shffled fair then using UpB to knock him outta the 2nd jump, edgehogging, forcing him to upB back onto the stage then gettin onto the stage and fsmashing him off...then re-edgehogging him to get a perfect tipper kill.

Thats mindfuxing more than anything. But yeah he's got the technical skillz to pay da billz so I won't argue against that.

Gui1tyX

Smash Journeyman
marth is so cheap!!!lol good **** to m2k and kdj though....cant believe shiek was done for when she got grabbed the first time and fsmashed a couple of times with some more grabs in last stock lol mind games!....but yea **** happens in tourney, when r more vids gonna be put up?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
IMO its more smart than JUST technical...I mean look how he waited for KDJ to use his 2nd jump after launchin him w/ a shffled fair then using UpB to knock him outta the 2nd jump, edgehogging, forcing him to upB back onto the stage then gettin onto the stage and fsmashing him off...then re-edgehogging him to get a perfect tipper kill.

Thats mindfuxing more than anything. But yeah he's got the technical skillz to pay da billz so I won't argue against that.
yeah, I think the appropriate word for his Marth is FUXING-SCARY. His ledge game is fantastic... all those mindgames with the edge hogs... forcing KDJ to up-b onto the stage, then wavedashing up to hit a tipper while KDJ is lagging from the up-b. Dayum.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
wow m2k's marth is so fun and precise
like, using the right move every time
really looking forward the rest of the vids

Elen

Smash Lord
W00t it's already up. Awesome vid, was better in person tho :p

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Why would anybody choke KDJ? That would be awfully mean.

Great match, let's see some more. :)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
round 2 is uploading on youtube, will be up by 2am est. but you can probably get it off the hub from my name, folder is being shared.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
The Fox ditto in round 2 didn't entertain me as much as round one. However, it's clear that M2Ks fox hasn't lost its godliness. It's usually hard to determine how good someone is through videos, but after being somewhat decent at the game and looking at M2Ks accuracy with technical skill, it's no wonder why he gets the respect he does. The reaction time, accuracy, and choices made at that speed/level of a match were all flawless. That's insane and close to inhuman. :(

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
Too bad KDJ ***** me the next two matches esp the next Fox ditto on Battlefield. My Fox has the same mind as it did before but my movement with him isn't nearly as good as it used to be.
haha it wasnt ur fault you got Battlefielded...

(when your character inexplicably doesnt grab the f**king ledge)

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
marth is so cheap!!!lol good **** to m2k and kdj though....cant believe shiek was done for when she got grabbed the first time and fsmashed a couple of times with some more grabs in last stock lol mind games!....but yea **** happens in tourney, when r more vids gonna be put up?
Yea, I know how cheap marth can be...oh wait...who was kdj.....shiek?!?! Oh man, totally unfair fight. Yea definitly auto win to m2k. NO possible way in hell is shiek the underdog in that fight.

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
That set was excellent. So **** close. M2K got a quick and awesome lead in round 5, but almost lost it when KDJ started picking up the pace. The laser camping at the end solidified the victory though. Too close to say who the better player is...

audreyh

Smash Ace
lovely matches.

thanks for uploading them.

that fox vs sheik **** in round 5 was :o

johnkim

Smash Journeyman
yeah, I think the appropriate word for his Marth is FUXING-SCARY. His ledge game is fantastic... all those mindgames with the edge hogs... forcing KDJ to up-b onto the stage, then wavedashing up to hit a tipper while KDJ is lagging from the up-b. Dayum.
that in itself is a pretty basic mindgame for marth vs. sheik. and he actually just ledgehopped and got the tipper. the real genius was when m2k tricked kdj into thinking he was gonna hog, then fsmashed. very azen-esque.

edit: the ledgehop waveland utilt was pretty sweet as well.

Top Bottom