• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
Here is my third olimar moveset...
A- punch with right hand. (2%-3%)
AA- punch with left hand. (3%-4%)
AAA- after the first two punches you uppercut with the right hand. (3%-5%)
A>- punch forward (11%-17%)
Adown- does marios down A (10%-16%)
A^- headbutt (12%-18%) high knockback.
B- use the purple spray and whoever gets caught in it is stunned for 3 seconds. It takes 2 seconds to use and 3 seconds to charge.
Bdown-
Pluck a pikmin (max 10) Hold for a second to get a bud. Hold for 2 seconds to get a flower. Hold for 3 seconds and you get a bomb. The bomb isntantly falls to the floor if pulled out. You can either let a yellow pikmin run by it or throw it yourself. This makes it so you need to count seconds for what you want. If you want a flower you need to time it just right. Hold it too long for a bomb. Let go too soon and get a bud. This makes plucking somewhat challenging and fun.
B>- throw pikmin. Hold it for more dmg.
B^- Jetpack. (4%-7%)(dmg doubles and becomes fire dmg if they get hit by the flames behind the jetpack)
Nair- mario's nair (4%-8%)
Bair- kick back ur legs (5%-7%)
Fair- punch forward (4%-7%)
Dair-
olimar puts his legs together and twirls around drilling into ur victim. (2%-6%)
Uair-headbutt in mid-air (3%-7%) the knockback on this is high just like luigis Fair.
Dash- as ur running olimar pulls out his arms and spins around hitting ur enemy. (3%-8%)
Forward throw- tossess ur foe in the designated direction not high from the ground. Its good to use if u need some distance to throw pikmin. (4%-6%)
^throw- Tossess your foe up open for pikmin tosses. (3%-7%)
Downthrow- bounces ur opponent off the floor but doesn't make them bounce real high and may be open for an attack. Recomendation, the purple spray. (4%-8%)

PIKMIN:
Purple- rare with high dmg and stuns. Can't be thrown far.
Yellow- Rare. Low electricty dmg and can be thrown far. Can hold bombs making it stronger then purple.
White- Uncommon. Low dmg but poisons.
Red- Common. Med fire dmg.
Blue- common. Med water dmg.

Now how about that slice of gold!

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
I liked the down B Swarm.
The holding down for flower seems like a good idea.
neutral B should be pluck pikmin as fast as link pulls bombs. As for the bitter spray, god no. If it took 5 seconds to charge that would be 5 times as long as falcon punch, and for only a measly three seconds of attacking. everyone would forget it existed and your opponent could do three fully charged smash attacks in that time. If it wos shorter and had a move free it MIGHT be OKAY.

EDIT:I liked dotdotdot's up B. By the way after making up a move think about it for a while.
The A moves don't really matter but at least one of them has to use his antenna. If its there it probably will be used. Oh, by the way (how many times am I gonna use the same phrases??) I think that if your post is as long as dotdotdot's that's a good sign.
I guess I'll be the guy with the opinions.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
gigayoshi said:
I liked the down B Swarm.
The holding down for flower seems like a good idea.
neutral B should be pluck pikmin as fast as link pulls bombs. As for the bitter spray, god no. If it took 5 seconds to charge that would be 5 times as long as falcon punch, and for only a measly three seconds of attacking. everyone would forget it existed and your opponent could do three fully charged smash attacks in that time. If it wos shorter and had a move free it MIGHT be OKAY.

EDIT:I liked dotdotdot's up B. By the way after making up a move think about it for a while.
The A moves don't really matter but at least one of them has to use his antenna. If its there it probably will be used. Oh, by the way (how many times am I gonna use the same phrases??) I think that if your post is as long as dotdotdot's that's a good sign.
I guess I'll be the guy with the opinions.
the 5 second thing is after u use it, u cant use it till 5 seconds and it takes 3 seconds to use once u push the B>. lol i guess i didnt make it clear enough and its good for edge guarding cause if u time it right ur oppoenent will be stunned in mid air and fall to his doom.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
the 5 second thing is after u use it, u cant use it till 5 seconds and it takes 3 seconds to use once u push the B>. lol i guess i didnt make it clear enough and its good for edge guarding cause if u time it right ur oppoenent will be stunned in mid air and fall to his doom.
I suppose in my vision of Olimar, He is physically quite a weak and low damage character, but with swift-ish moves and, of course, the damaging swarm of Pikmin. I don't really see him as a character with so much lag. It could work of course.

Also, I'm not really a big fan of attributing elemental damage to the Pikmin. I just like them attacking like they do in the game, but of course, with the various attack and B move bonuses.

Also, why are Yellows rare? They were one of the three common Pikmin in the games.

To your credit, I really like the idea of picking bomb-rocks.

Also, does Oli ever have a Jetpack in his games. I kind of like his moveset to be purely, if not entirely, Pikmin-based.

Then again, I'm just me. You went the extra yard and did A moves, I didn't do that. :laugh:

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
dotdotdot! said:
I suppose in my vision of Olimar, He is physically quite a weak and low damage character, but with swift-ish moves and, of course, the damaging swarm of Pikmin. I don't really see him as a character with so much lag. It could work of course.

Also, I'm not really a big fan of attributing elemental damage to the Pikmin. I just like them attacking like they do in the game, but of course, with the various attack and B move bonuses.

Also, why are Yellows rare? They were one of the three common Pikmin in the games.

To your credit, I really like the idea of picking bomb-rocks.

Also, does Oli ever have a Jetpack in his games. I kind of like his moveset to be purely, if not entirely, Pikmin-based.

Then again, I'm just me. You went the extra yard and did A moves, I didn't do that. :laugh:
um... i made the yellow pikmin rare b.c. if they have a bomb they do more dmg then the purple pikmin.
no i dont think he does have a jetpack but thats the best i could come up with. oh and i have them do elemental dmg so it sets them apart better expecially since without the blue and red pikmin would be the same. i like ur moveset i just dont like hte 20-100 pikmin thing, i dont know exactly wat would happen if olimar was in brawl and had that moveset but im sure it wouldnt be the best lol i just think its unfair having an army of pikmin by urside
oh and the whole the pikmin stick on u and do constant dmg like in pikmin 1 and 2. no way dude thats way too good i would like the pikmin be very powerful chucking items that follow u around in small amounts (preferbly 5 to 10 pikmin)
and ty for the bombpicking comment, i like it too and i like the idea of having to time ur picks just right to get wat u want.... oh well im not making any more olimar sets for now
make more movesets id like to c wat u can come up with

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Since their is so much blamestorming and coblabberation, let's talk about other things than his moveset. I think that Olimar should be kinda weak and fast like he was in the pikmin game on his own. I got him to do a lot of stuff by himself in pikmin but often ended up in critical health.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
gigayoshi said:
Since their is so much blamestorming and coblabberation, let's talk about other things than his moveset. I think that Olimar should be kinda weak and fast like he was in the pikmin game on his own. I got him to do a lot of stuff by himself in pikmin but often ended up in critical health.
yes lets keep this thread alive. Im suprised that this thread isnt loaded with posters, isnt there much support for olimar? he is my second most wanted character and he would be awesome!!!!!!(geno is first)
yes i made him weak BUT not with his pikmin, with his pikmin olimar is powerful. GO FLOWER POWER!!! (no pun intended)
EDIT: u think it would be cool if olimar and louie r together like ice climbers b.c. once u got the combo thing in pikmin 2 olimar and louie punching together they could take on a large monster without losing a single pikmin easily

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Since I am a math type of guy I considered the different amount of rareness for each pikmin. I compiled all that data into the chart you see here:
Assuming that you pull up 50 pikmin on average per match, the average is how many of a certain pikmin you would get on average per match. The percent chance is how likely you are to pull up that certain type pikmin. Last are the comments on what I think of the setup. This is pretty basic math. :bigthumbu
1st is the super rare rare:
Red pikmin: 33% chance Yellow: 33% Blue: 33% white: 1/2% Purple: 1/2%
Red: 16 1/2 on average per match Yellow: 16 1/2 Blue: 16 1/2 White: 1/4 Purple: 1/4
Pulling up rare pikmin would be a 1 in 100 chance, or about once every two matches. Rare pikmin would have to be overpowered to make this reasonable.

2nd is rare rare:
Red: 30% Yellow: 30% Blue: 30% White: 5% Purple: 5%
Red: 15 Yellow: 15 Blue: 15 White: 2 1/2 Purple 2 1/2
I would like it this way. Purple pikmin wouldn't be insanely powerful, just a bit more powerful. Pulling up a rare pikmin would be a 1 in 10 chance.

3rd is rare yellow:
Red: 45% Yellow: 3% Blue: 45% White: 4% Purple: 3%
Red: 22 1/2 Yellow: 1 1/2 Blue: 22 1/2 White: 2 Purple: 1 1/2
I don't like the idea of yellow pikmin being overpowered.

If you have any percentage ideas put it here and I'll crunch the numbers for it. ;)

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
<--- loves this idea incredibly alot. after Geno, Olimar is my next pick. I figure he could have a similar trait to Peach, in that his downb would allow him to pull out a Pikmin from the ground. The color and stage its in (leaf, bud, amd flower) would all be random, each of the 5 Pikmin having a different effect on opponents, and strength/potency determined by status. Red ones would maybe ignite the opponent on fire (I know they dont do that in the game, but whatever), yellow ones would go far and/or shock the opponent (the shocking aspect is the same with the Red Pikmin), blue would be normal i guess, white are poison (act as Lip's Stick) and Purple would be like Peach's stitch face turnip. Also, say the Pikmin can be picked, but not thrown. Olimar could have say 3 Pikmin behind him ready to be thrown, kinda like a charge atttack. The possibilities are just so great, no matter the direction. Olimar definately needs to be in, or Ill be very dissappointed.

BlindSideChaos

Smash Rookie
didnt even bother reading anything anyone said on this cause i wanna get right to it. so if anyone said this already, sorry.
captain olimar, and the pikmin are no bigger than a quarter.
theres no way theyd get in as playable characters.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Kirby is extremley small too, Bowser has been theabout the size of a skyscraper, if thier size can be reworked to be in smash why can't Olimar's?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
BlindSideChaos said:
didnt even bother reading anything anyone said on this cause i wanna get right to it. so if anyone said this already, sorry.
captain olimar, and the pikmin are no bigger than a quarter.
theres no way theyd get in as playable characters.
*sigh* Read my sig, Click it, accept it, move on.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
gigayoshi said:
Since I am a math type of guy I considered the different amount of rareness for each pikmin. I compiled all that data into the chart you see here:
Assuming that you pull up 50 pikmin on average per match, the average is how many of a certain pikmin you would get on average per match. The percent chance is how likely you are to pull up that certain type pikmin. Last are the comments on what I think of the setup. This is pretty basic math. :bigthumbu
1st is the super rare rare:
Red pikmin: 33% chance Yellow: 33% Blue: 33% white: 1/2% Purple: 1/2%
Red: 16 1/2 on average per match Yellow: 16 1/2 Blue: 16 1/2 White: 1/4 Purple: 1/4
Pulling up rare pikmin would be a 1 in 100 chance, or about once every two matches. Rare pikmin would have to be overpowered to make this reasonable.

2nd is rare rare:
Red: 30% Yellow: 30% Blue: 30% White: 5% Purple: 5%
Red: 15 Yellow: 15 Blue: 15 White: 2 1/2 Purple 2 1/2
I would like it this way. Purple pikmin wouldn't be insanely powerful, just a bit more powerful. Pulling up a rare pikmin would be a 1 in 10 chance.

3rd is rare yellow:
Red: 45% Yellow: 3% Blue: 45% White: 4% Purple: 3%
Red: 22 1/2 Yellow: 1 1/2 Blue: 22 1/2 White: 2 Purple: 1 1/2
I don't like the idea of yellow pikmin being overpowered.

If you have any percentage ideas put it here and I'll crunch the numbers for it. ;)
uh... if ur talking about my moveset when u say i dont like the idea of yellow pikmin being overpowered then ur dumb (srry if that rubbed u the wrong way) i made them rare b.c. if they have a bomb they will be overpowered. besides that, good idea for a percentage thing. heres mine-
Red: 30%
Blue: 30%
White: 20%
Yellow: 10%
Purple: 10%
dotdotdot! said:
*sigh* Read my sig, Click it, accept it, move on.
hell yeah!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i got an idea so yellow can't be too powerful. meta, you said they could hold bomb-rocks, well i think bomb-rocks should be items instead, just a less powerful bob-omb.

anyway i think percentage should be
Red-20% (most powerful of original 3)
Blue-25% (average)
Yellow-23% (thrown long distances)
White-17% (poisons, deals damage similar to lip stick)
Purple-15% (deals 5x as much as blue)

that way it is fair, with less powerful pikmin being rare, but every pikmin has an average amount of being plucked.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
colbusman said:
i got an idea so yellow can't be too powerful. meta, you said they could hold bomb-rocks, well i think bomb-rocks should be items instead, just a less powerful bob-omb.

anyway i think percentage should be
Red-20% (most powerful of original 3)
Blue-25% (average)
Yellow-23% (thrown long distances)
White-17% (poisons, deals damage similar to lip stick)
Purple-15% (deals 5x as much as blue)

that way it is fair, with less powerful pikmin being rare, but every pikmin has an average amount of being plucked.
ah it could work but if ur a guy who plays matches without items and u use olimar ur screwed.
oh and if it was an item it probaly would be just as strong as a bomb-omb but it wouldnt walk around
EDIT: wait it wont be as strong b.c. if it was a yellow pikmin with a bomb would be way too strong lol

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
it shouldnt be that even though... in Pikmin 2, i have truck loads of red, blue, and yellow Pikmin, but very few purple and white. they should be more rare, and a yellow with a bombrock should be the rarest, or close to it. i think the percentages should be:

Color Statistics:
Red: 27.5%
Blue: 27.5%
Yellow: 27.5%
White: 8.5%
Purple: 8.5%
Yellow with Bombrock: 0.5%

Status Statistics:
Leaf: 57%
Bud: 28%
Flower: 15%

Base Damage Statistics:
Red: 7%
Blue: 6%
Yellow: 5%
White: 4% Initial, 2% per second after.
Purple: 13%
Yellow with Bombrock: 26%

Status Multiplier:
Leaf: Base Damage, Speed, & Distance
Bud: 1.5 Damage Multipler, 1.25 Speed, & Base Distance
Flower: 2 Damage Multiplier, 1.5 Speed, & 1.25 Distance
*Damage Multiers do not affect Yellow with Bombrock
*Speed is how fast they travel through the air

I think the percentages are fair, and are more realistic.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
magnebula said:
it shouldnt be that even though... in Pikmin 2, i have truck loads of red, blue, and yellow Pikmin, but very few purple and white. they should be more rare, and a yellow with a bombrock should be the rarest, or close to it. i think the percentages should be:

Color Statistics:
Red: 27.5%
Blue: 27.5%
Yellow: 27.5%
White: 8.5%
Purple: 8.5%
Yellow with Bombrock: 0.5%

Status Statistics:
Leaf: 57%
Bud: 28%
Flower: 15%

Base Damage Statistics:
Red: 7%
Blue: 6%
Yellow: 5%
White: 4% Initial, 2% per second after.
Purple: 13%
Yellow with Bombrock: 26%

Status Multiplier:
Leaf: Base Damage, Speed, & Distance
Bud: 1.5 Damage Multipler, 1.25 Speed, & Base Distance
Flower: 2 Damage Multiplier, 1.5 Speed, & 1.25 Distance
*Damage Multiers do not affect Yellow with Bombrock
*Speed is how fast they travel through the air

I think the percentages are fair, and are more realistic.
i dont think u should be able to pluck yellow pikmin that hold bombs, i think u should be able to pull out bombs to give them to the yellow pikmin.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I crunched the numbers, and here they are:

1st I'll do Magnebula's:
Side Note: Magnebula, your percentages added up to 99.5%. I knew it the moment I noticed you had an ODD number of halves.
Percentages:
Red:27.5% Blue:27.5% Yellow:28% White:8.5% Purple:8.5% Bomb:.5%
Leaf: 57% Bud: 28% Flower: 15%
Average:
Red: 13.75 Blue: 13.75 Yellow: 14 White: 4.25 Purple: 4.25 Bomb: .25
Leaf: 28.5 Bud: 14 Flower: 7.5

I like it this way. The only thing I don't like is that their stem is random. A little math fact: Picking a flower purple is 969 chances in 20,000!

2nd is Meta owns your mom's:
Percentages:
Red: 30% Blue: 30% Yellow: 10% White: 20% Purple: 10%
Average:
Red: 15 Blue: 15 Yellow: 5 White: 10 Purple: 5

I still don't like the idea of yellow being rare. I think we should skip the bomb rocks or radically reduce their effectiveness.

3rd is Colbusman:
Percentages:
Red: 20% Blue: 25% Yellow: 23% White: 17% Purple: 15%
Average:
Red: 10 Blue: 12.5 Yellow: 11.5 White: 8.5 Purple: 7.5

I love this one! Red Pikmin are stronger in the Pikmin games by a little bit. Plus no yellow worries! But the number of purple Pikmin is a bit high...

EDIT: Almost not a n00b!

toasty4you

Smash Apprentice
Yes I have been thinking about Captain Olimar probably longer then most of you out there. He would have so many sweet moves for example his Side+B attack could be the whistle he uses and it could stun people sorta like Mewtwos Down+B.

MRMTDSN

Smash Cadet
His A could be a Jab and Down B could be similar to Peach and pick a Pikmin out of the ground to throw. Captain Olimar woudl be a great addition to Brawl

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about instead of coming with bombrocks, how about Yellows have the ability to pick up and either use or give Olimar items? Perhaps they can't pick up things like Bunny hoods and Heart containers, and the only thing they can do is throw, so the Yellow would only be able to throw laser guns, but not fire them. Then you can also give them their own special stats to balance them in matches without items.

If you look at my moveset, Pikmin can enter an "Idle" state, "Swarm" state, or an "Active" state. In Idle or Swarm, Pikmin automatically lock onto nearby enemies and begin to attack. Yellows could have the added programming of locking onto items and picking them up, then using them on nearby enemies (If they come near). Also, perhaps Yellows could catch items, but they are the only ones that can do so. If Peach hits any other color with a turnip, the Pikmin she hits will die, But if a yellow catches it, then it can throw it back at her once it enters Idle status, or once it enters "Swarm" mode.

Part of Olimar's anti-Peach game might be the extremely difficult manuver of throwing a Yellow pikmin to catch any turnips thrown in his direction.

Would that be overpowered? Maybe. Whould it be fun? Heck yes!

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
dotdotdot! said:
How about instead of coming with bombrocks, how about Yellows have the ability to pick up and either use or give Olimar items? Perhaps they can't pick up things like Bunny hoods and Heart containers, and the only thing they can do is throw, so the Yellow would only be able to throw laser guns, but not fire them. Then you can also give them their own special stats to balance them in matches without items.

If you look at my moveset, Pikmin can enter an "Idle" state, "Swarm" state, or an "Active" state. In Idle or Swarm, Pikmin automatically lock onto nearby enemies and begin to attack. Yellows could have the added programming of locking onto items and picking them up, then using them on nearby enemies (If they come near). Also, perhaps Yellows could catch items, but they are the only ones that can do so. If Peach hits any other color with a turnip, the Pikmin she hits will die, But if a yellow catches it, then it can throw it back at her once it enters Idle status, or once it enters "Swarm" mode.

Part of Olimar's anti-Peach game might be the extremely difficult manuver of throwing a Yellow pikmin to catch any turnips thrown in his direction.

Would that be overpowered? Maybe. Whould it be fun? Heck yes!
omg its overpowered. and i think the item thing where the pikmin pick up items and throw themis lame, besides most the people these days dont use take items off.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You know, recently I haven't had much positive to say. I strongly attribute that to people giving me so much asinine material to rant about. However, I can't do that without acknowledging the good, intelligent, realistic, original ideas that are floating around. So here it is;

This is easily the best character suggestion I have seen on this forum. Good job. Here's hoping he makes the cut.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
The rAt said:
You know, recently I haven't had much positive to say. I strongly attribute that to people giving me so much asinine material to rant about. However, I can't do that without acknowledging the good, intelligent, realistic, original ideas that are floating around. So here it is;

This is easily the best character suggestion I have seen on this forum. Good job. Here's hoping he makes the cut.
wow, awesome. thank you very much man.
i think olimar is an awesome suggestion too, geno is maybe a lil higher in my wanted list but Olimar is going to be in. i know it, and heres why-
1. Whenever they think of what characters to put in, they most likely think of the big ones. Olimar would have been suggested.
2. a lot of people want him.
3. hes really high on sukurai's poll
4. He has a large amount of moves to be in his moveset
5. b.c. i said so!!!
overall i think all 5 of those reasons r good enough to put him into the game easily.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Olimnar would have some fun moments. Imagine throwing Pikmin onto master hand! Or leaving Pikmin in certain annoying places!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
omg its overpowered. and i think the item thing where the pikmin pick up items and throw themis lame, besides most the people these days dont use take items off.
Well, alright. The fact that people don't use items is sort of a moot point but I'll concede that it could be sort of overpowered.

How about Yellows can't throw the items, but can pick them up and keep them away from enemies until they are killed and the item is up for grabs. This means that the pikmin is useless in combat however, thus, balance is achieved. Also, you could make it so that it takes something like 5-10 pikmin to pick up boxes. Heck doing that would make Olimar an extremely difficult character to manuver around during a raccaus FFA fight with Items on. He would be deadly in the hands of a master (Yellow-catching, Forced Pikmin item-drops) and useless in the hands of a noob(Half your squad going off unchecked to pick up some random box, Yellow-catching Bob-ombs or Link's bombs).

And the best part? none of the above matters, because items are probably going to be off in most fights after a while anyway.

No matter how you slice it, Olimar is an AWESOME idea for a character.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

Although I am strongly pro-Olimar, and although I think it would be very fun to throw Pikmin at Master Hand, it shouldn't have Pikmin.

In my opinion, to make Olimar actually stand out, he should be independant. Now he relies too much on his Pikmin, but how did he become an explorer? Just by saying "woosh!"? He surely must have trained to do things on his own, although fighting giant monsters isn't in the program. So, surely Olimar can fight on his own.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Olimar using the Pikmin would add an interesting new playstyle to Smash Bros., much like the duo characters with Ice Climbers and transformation with Zelda/Sheik.

Plus, not having the Pikmin wouldn't represent the gameplay of Pikmin, which is a must among characters who can.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
But how about having Pikmin as items.

Also, Olimar shouldn't have an unlimited supply of Pikmin. No way they could fit in his pants.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
GaryCXJk said:

Although I am strongly pro-Olimar, and although I think it would be very fun to throw Pikmin at Master Hand, it shouldn't have Pikmin.

In my opinion, to make Olimar actually stand out, he should be independant. Now he relies too much on his Pikmin, but how did he become an explorer? Just by saying "woosh!"? He surely must have trained to do things on his own, although fighting giant monsters isn't in the program. So, surely Olimar can fight on his own.
Well, thats all well and good, but he's not an explorer. He's a Space-Trucker. He's a glorified delivery boy for Hocotate Freight company. Anything he learned would be like fighting against other people his size, or just keeping a blaster in his cockpit to ward off pirates, and the universe he lives in isn't particularly violent or war-like, with the exception of the untamed Pikmin planet.

Also, dispaching his Pikmin would defeat the entire purpose of including him at all. The point of including a character at all is for showcasing the game or series that they appeared in, and getting rid of his Pikmin would be getting rid of the most vital parts of the Pikmin franchise. When you see Olimar fight, it's always with an army of Pikmin backing him up. True, he would definately have A-moves independant of the Pikmin, but his B-moves would be obscure at best without the Pikmin.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and the Pikmin ain't broke.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Still doesn't solve the "infinite Pikmin". It would really suck if you run out of Pikmin.

icymatt

Smash Lord
That would be interesting.

And I'd imagine the Pikmin would just appear in the ground randomly like Peach's vegetables, even if the ground is made of stone or metal or Pokemon Balloons.

Smash Bros. doesn't need LOGIC.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
That would be a possibility to solve it.

So, basically, there shouldn't be a real vB attack, but rather something to restock yourself, in case you would run out of Pikmin for your attacks, and probably also your ^B save (with Pikmin with high airtime).

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
no olimar is awesome, but not nearly as awesome with his pikmin. and no he shouldnt have infininte pikmin out. that is overpowered. i still stand with the opinoin that pikmin should be throwing based items but they follow u around and u can pluck them. i dont like the idea of sending ur pikmin to attack people and they jump on people and do a constant attack like in the games, that would be way unbalanced. besides, im sure that use peach and use the turnips alot will feel more then welcome trying him b.c. he will be the ultimate item flinging guy ever (as in items as the pikmin) i find this very intriguing. whenever i used to use items in melee i used to take capsules or watever and toss them at my opponents and sometimes wouldnt use an item but toss it. and after a while i got good aim and tossing things was good for edge guarding. ANYWAYS, i find olimar one of the best ideas ever and i want him in even more then Geno, well maybe.
all im saying if u like to toss items like i used to u would agree with that tossing them as items and not making them as if they were a small army that would be the best thing ever.

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
^ somewhat agrees ^

I think there should be a small limit as to how many Pikmin Olimar could have out. 6 at most. That would add more of a balance.

On another note... Geno and Olimar are my #1 wants, tied... Brawl needs them...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
magnebula said:
^ somewhat agrees ^

I think there should be a small limit as to how many Pikmin Olimar could have out. 6 at most. That would add more of a balance.

On another note... Geno and Olimar are my #1 wants, tied... Brawl needs them...
i said there should be a limit, but if ur not talking about what i said then ur right. and for ur last sentence... RIGHT ON!!!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i think the number of pikmin olimar can have would vary from 10 to 20. that way, it gives olimar the power he would need to overcome fighters. 6 i think is a little too low.

and back to the yellow/bomb rock debate, yellow couldn't pick up bomb rocks in pikmin 2. that is why it should be an item. that way not one pikmin is too overpowered. you get even amounts every match.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why is "Infinite Pikmin" even a problem. Peach's Turnips were never infinite in Mario 2, and she can pull out as many as she wants in SSBM, so why should Oli's Pikmin have to run out. I think he should just be able to pull pikmin out of the ground anywhere he goes, as long as he's on the ground and as long as not too many pikmin are already on the field (I still go by my steadfast 20 Pikmin maximum, with a 100 Pikmin super move.)

Also, about the balance issues.

no olimar is awesome, but not nearly as awesome with his pikmin. and no he shouldnt have infininte pikmin out. that is overpowered. i still stand with the opinoin that pikmin should be throwing based items but they follow u around and u can pluck them. i dont like the idea of sending ur pikmin to attack people and they jump on people and do a constant attack like in the games, that would be way unbalanced. besides, im sure that use peach and use the turnips alot will feel more then welcome trying him b.c. he will be the ultimate item flinging guy ever (as in items as the pikmin) i find this very intriguing. whenever i used to use items in melee i used to take capsules or watever and toss them at my opponents and sometimes wouldnt use an item but toss it. and after a while i got good aim and tossing things was good for edge guarding. ANYWAYS, i find olimar one of the best ideas ever and i want him in even more then Geno, well maybe.
all im saying if u like to toss items like i used to u would agree with that tossing them as items and not making them as if they were a small army that would be the best thing ever.
The only reason it wouldn't be balanced is if the devs said, "Hey, lets make this unbalanced." I happen to think that because Pikmin are so fragile, and because a good portion of Olimar's game is going to be spent picking new ones, it's only fair that they be so damaging in large swarms. This makes the objective of Olimar's opponent very clear, and actually leaves Olimar at a severe disadvantage against players and characters who can abuse his weakness(Pikmin die too quickly), like Cap. Falcon, Sheik, Ganondorf, or Fox, or anyone else with a long-range, low to the ground move.

Also, if you couple that with the fact that hes bound to have some pretty weak-sauce A moves (Owing to his small frame, and the effectiveness of the "Olimar punch" in the Pikmin games), his Pikmin skills would be almost a necessity, because of his reliance on the attack bonuses and B-moves.

I do like tossing Items (I play Peach f'Crissake, it's all I ever do) but I think it would be more interesting and indeed, truer to the original game to have the Pikmin as an army whose size is directly preportional to it's power, but is utterly fragile to balance it out. It would be utterly unique to the Smash experience, and make Olimar very fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom