• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixplis

Smash Rookie
Fluffy, I like your moveset, I'm just gonna add some stuff :chuckle:. Olimar could have a down-B that picks pikmin, and they just follow him around until he decides to use them. Any attack with high knockback that sends him flying will do the same to them, and I think that his 3rd jump/up-B would have the pikmin toss him up in the air like G&W. In doing so, the pikmin will fall to their deaths if they aren't over a platform. I'd place the standard pikmin throw as his forward-B, and neutral-B would just recall them. Once throwing a pikmin at an opponent they will of course cling to them and attack, but I doubt there would be much (if any) difference between what the individual pikmin do. In a rare case you may get a purple pikmin that does extra damage like peach's stichface turnip. As for a limit to the number of pikmin you may have, I'd say 100, thus staying true to the (first, I dunno about the second) game, and it won't be broken as long as there is decent lag to his down and forward-B's. I don't think it would feel like pikmin if Olimar didn't have a massive army running around behind him.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
How about his upB is that he grabs two Pikmin and they make him fly upwards by spinning the flower on their heads like a helicopter?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
But then Kirby swallows him..

Maybe Kirby could then take control of Olimar's pikmin!

That would be SWEEEEET!

They could run to whoever blew the whistle last!

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
SSJ4Kazuki said:

That would be SWEEEEET!

Didn't think of that. How about we move Pulling out Pikmin to Neutral B rather than Down B. Kirby would be able to pull out Pikmin then (Or little Kirby Enemies dressed up like Pikmin, who knows?)

Sensai

Smash Master
SSJ4Kazuki said:

That would be SWEEEEET!

Didn't think of that...

So, maybe his neutral B would be pulling up the little buggers. Or, maybe Kirby could get it, and then whistle and all the pikmin would follow HIM.

Ha, that'd be neat.

Kamin Ukiki

Smash Rookie
While I agree that Olimar should be in SSBB, maybe it could work like this.

Olimar can pull pikmin out of the ground, but only one. Depending on the color, his moves would change. For example,

Red: Fire Damage
Blue: Ice Damage
Yellow: Electric Damage
Purple: Makes attacks almost as strong as a fully charged smash attack.
White: Poison Damage (Works like Lip's Stick)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Antioch said:
i'm sorry, is there a problem with wanting nintendo to focus more on the amazing list of characters they have created themselves over the past years rather than the ridiculous reverie of someone who desires CLOUDDDDDD!!1111 OMG CLOUD VS LINK CAN'T WAIT!!1?
or maybe ryu? LOL.

ic, ic.

i just wanted people's intakes on captain olimar, that's all. :D

Yes, there is a problem. You need to stop being a fanboy.

With third party additions, we'll have less clones, and more amazing characters.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I don't really see an argument with the addition of 3rd party characters and 1st party characters. Nintendo is going to be adding at least 10(I'm guessing) 1st party and 1 or 2 3rd party. Everybody wins!

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
With pulling pikmin out of the ground, would it just be a random thing, i.e. sometimes blue, red, white, etc?

If so, would it be like Peach's turnips, with red being most common, and say purple being powwerful but rare?

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Let us look at pikmin 2 and scan for brawl elements. I personally think that planting a pikmin and waiting for it to grow would be best. It would make making pikmin slow but not have to much lag and charge up ability ( leaf, bud, flower). Throwing pikmin on people should be like a grab so they can be shaken off like the enemies in pikmin 2 can. Plus the pikmin should be killable like goombas. If kirby copies olimar he can delay his pikmin easily by whistling them.

B: Whistle. After the pikmin have been shaken off you have to call them back or they will just stand there like the game.
Forward B: Throw pikmin.
Down B: Plant seed. Pick a pikmin by pressing A.
Up B: Has the pikmin throw you up. It's potency depends on how many pikmin you have. If there is not a platform beneath them all or most of them will die allowing your opponent to get rid of your pikmin by giving you a real hard hit. This should be a very good recovery due to pikmin death.

I have to go quickly I will talk about different piks next!!!!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
The pikmin game is cool, but i dont see Olimar as a fighter. I think it'll would be better to have the Pikmin as items. You know, so multiple characters can use the Pikmin instead of just one?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
All of you are ignoring balance. Being able to pull pikmins with abilities like that would ban him from tournament play.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Yuna said:
All of you are ignoring balance. Being able to pull pikmins with abilities like that would ban him from tournament play.
Thats why i'm saying make Pikmin items instead of giving them to just one character.

Sensai

Smash Master
Yuna said:
Not if it were similar to Peach's turnips.

If they could run around and cause serious damage, then yes, it'd be overpowered like hell, but I think the main idea we all have is that they'd be used like Turnips or possibly just for a tad bit of DPS, and when kicked they easily go away.

Somewhat like Lip's Stick, but you can just swat the guys away.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna said:
How? If he doesn't pull Pikmin, he has no B moves, and the Randomness of the pickmin abilities is no different than Peach pulling out her Turnips. It's not like the Pikmin do stuff on their own (although it would be cool if they auto attacked if an enemy got too close for very weak damage) You have to use the B move to use the Pikmin ability.

Besides, They could balance it however they wanted. If a certain pikmin ability is too strong, they would just nerf it, or nerf another ability to make up for it.

Chipman

Smash Cadet
Here's something I posted on another forum:

B = Throw a Pikmin, of a random colour

B> = Send Pikmin forward (Like the C-stick in the games)

BV = A cave hole appears, hurts enemies near by when it appears and Olimar falls through the platform to the one below if BV is pressed again.

B^ = Calls up the Dolphin to fly him upwards, a slow and controllable "jump".

A = Punching etc.

A> = Swings Pikmin at enemies

Throw> = A normal throw, like he throws the Pikmin

Throw< = Similar to above

ThrowV = Leaps into the air and throws the enemy into a group of Pikmin below, which start causing major damage.

Throw^ = Chucks them into the air, then chucks a Pikmin at them

How's that?

Maybe there could be a Pikmin-themed level, that would be nice. Ladybirds leaping in to take munches at the players and enormous leaf-platforms!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
olimar should be in smash. his attacks would work alongside his pikmin. using a could pluck pikmin out, so you could have a max of about 30. there should also be pikmin themed items, like the pellets, where you have that amout of pikmin for a limited time, but they are not as powerful as olimar's and only last for a limited time.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
Pikmin should be killable. I thought about my idea of B> and thought that charging it would make pikmin go farther. That way you could control the distance. Plus I thought that the whistle could be used to make pikmin stop paying attention to an action they were doing. This could call them away from attacking someone because in between shaking offs the pikmin would fall over off the person and have to get up like in the game so it might be beneficial to call them away from someone.
Anyway here is my idea of different pikmin:

Red: Invulnerable to fire.
Blue: Invulnerable to dark.
Yellow: Invulnerable to electricity and can zap people. Like in the game it goes higher so it may be able to hit people up higher but would take longer to come down so it would be more predictable.
White: A bit weaker but faster. Emits a poof of damaging poison when killed.
Purple: Resistant to physical damage. Hits hard and if it falls directly on someone it buries them like DK's B>. Preventing jumping might be intresting.

Olimar's power should be different depending on the number of pikmin and what type they were in addition to leaf, bud, and flower. If you were really accurate you could hit someone coming back to the stage to badly hurt them and maybe purple pikmin might be meteor smash spikes!

Master Puppet

Smash Cadet
Here's how I view Pikmin and Captain Olimar.

---

His B moves and smashes rely heavily upon these creatures. However, his other moves should symbolize his lightness and do minimal damage, making him rely a lot on his Pikmin.

---

A - Jab (1%)

A, A - Double Jab (3%)

A, A, A - Double Jab, Uppercut (8%)

A > - Headbutt (3%)

A ^ - Uppercut (5%)

A v - Kick (3%)

---

Forward Smash - Pikmin Swing (?%)
-Lifts a random Pikmin and swings them

Upward Smash - Pikmin Spin (?%)
-Lifts a random Pikmin and spins them over his head

Downward Smash - Pikmin Sweep (?%)
-Lifts a random Pikmin and sweeps them across the ground

Nair - Pound (4%)
-Pounds both fists together

Fair - Lunge Kick (5%)
-Lunges forward a short distance, foot outstretched

Bair - Reverse Elbow (4%)
-Shoves his elbow backwards

Uair - Double Uppercut (6%)
-Punches upward with one fist, then the other quickly

Dair - Drop Kick (5%)
-Drops to the ground, foot outstretched

---

B - Protect (?%)
-Pulls out a random Pikmin, which executes its special effect if it counters

Forward B - Lunge (?%)
-Takes two quick steps forward and stabs outward with a random Pikmin

Up B - Propel (?%)
-Spins a random Pikmin over his head and moves upward, damaging as he goes

Down B - Pikmin Throw (?%)
-Lifts a random Pikmin from the ground and throws them a moderate distance

---

Grab - Grabs with his hand and pulls in

A - Punch (1%)

Forward Throw - Shoves the opponent forward (2%)

Backward Throw - Shoves the opponent backward and elbows them (5%)

Upward Throw -Throws the opponent upward and uppercuts them (5%)

Downward Throw - Drops the opponent and stomps on them (5%)

---

Taunt/Super Smash Attack - UNAVAILABLE

---

The reason I made all of Olimar's punch/kick attacks have such little knockback and be, overall, pathetic, is because his Pikmin are so dangerous and powerful. Here are their special effects.

Purple Pikmin, the strongest, do a grand 30% damage upon contact and have doubled knockback from every other Pikmin.

White Pikmin, the poison ones, are the weakest upon contact with only 10% and standard knockback, but do an additional 2% damage per second for ten seconds.

Yellow Pikmin, the electrifiers, do 20% damage upon contact and have standard knockback, but stun the opponent for a good two seconds.

Red Pikmin, the pyrokinetics, do 15% damage upon contact and have standard knockback, but do an additional 3% damage per second for five seconds.

Blue Pikmin, the marine life, do 15% damage upon contact and have standard knocback, along with the ability to penetrate opponents and items until it reaches the end of its flight path.

NOTE: Standard knockback for a Pikmin would be like a reaction to Marth's fully charged Shield Breaker.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
Olimar would be great, but for the Pikmin then , it would be like peach, if you pull it out, and you throw it, and when it hits the ground, it would go away, and that little ghost would pop up. Hey, how about even you can pull all 5 types out? The heavier the more damage, but less distance? that would be a bit of randomness, like Peach's smash? His B could just be the whistle, that would do damage like Ness's sparkle? his up B could maybe be a line of Pikmin , like a rope? I dont know, but it sure would be awesome seeing Olimar in the game.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Eh... I kinda like the idea of him having a few Pikmin following him around the whole battle. They can be KO'd from behind him, and are pretty stupid (he needs to use his B Whistle attack to get them back if he can't tag them), so it would make it unbroken. Actually... Olimar would have like... no chance of getting tiered at all if he had to rely on his Pikmin for everything. It's obviously the greatest moveset ever if he does, but... :laugh: he's pretty much a crappy character nobody uses

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
I just beat the Pikmin 2 game. Titan Dweevil in smash would be something fun to fight... maybe. :eek: All that the game needs is a pikmin stage and item! And who says Olimar HAS to have pikmin with him he could just have them disappear instantly.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why not? Here is my Moveset:

---------------------

Concept: Olimar uses the normal arrangement of punches and kicks for his A moves, but all of his B moves require the use of his Pikmin. At the beginning of battle, he will have one of each of the three main colors of Pikmin. If Olimar and the Pikmin "desync" like Nana and Popo(By Olimar getting too far away from the Pikmin, or by missing a B move that uses Pikmin), the Pikmin will stop trying to follow Olimar, and will turn pale. If enemies come near them, they will auto-attack. If they are near an Item, the Pikmin will try to pick it up and carry it towards you. Olimar can make the Pikmin follow him again by touching them or entering "Swarm" mode. Idle Pikmin cannot be used in B moves and do not influence your A-moves.

The best strategy would involve splitting up your pikmin, so that you have an effective team around you to buffer your A moves and to have ammo for your B moves, and then have a second team of Idle Pikmin to Auto attack enemies and to "Surprise Swarm" with. The Pikmin are quite expendable on large stages, as Olimar can always pick more, but on smaller stages, he has to be more careful to keep them alive. He would have a somewhat advanced playstyle, but it wouldn't be too hard figure him out.

You may notice the very low damage that Pikmin do by their lonesomes. That is because Pikmin are meant to be swarmed. 1 Pikmin doing 2% damage is lame, but 15 Pikmin doing 2% damage is 30% damage. Add in the fact that Pikmin attack over and over again, and the extra damage from Purples and whites, and five more Pikmin (For the Maximum of 20) and you have a very damaging attack set.

Neutral B: Pick Pikmin
Red(adds 1% to your A moves), Blue(Attack along with you, for 2% each. They attack every time you press A, and are more agressive in "Idle" mode.), Yellow(B moves are move effective when using Yellow Pikmin), White(Rare, When they are used in B moves, the enemy is afflicted with the "Flower" status, Like Lip's Stick.), or Purple (Stitchface-rare, adds 3% to your A moves, and will attack along with you for 4%. Will buffer B moves. If Purples attack an enemy, the enemy will incur "Falco's Blaster" Knockback). Max 20 Pikmin.
(When Kirby uses this move, Yellows and Whites will serve to buffer his other B moves, even if they do not use Pikmin. If Kirby uses his Up-B, he will Kill any Pikmin that get caught in the shockwave of the final cutter.)

Down B: Swarm
Olimar will Whistle and freeze as long as the button is held. The "Bugle call" noise will begin sounding and the Pikmin will begin jumping up and down. If you move the control stick while in "Swarm" mode, the Pikmin will swarm in that direction. If they catch up to an enemy, they will begin attacking them. Reds, Blues, and Whites do 2%. Purple does 4%. Yellow does 5%. Whites "poison" enemies. Causes all "idle" Pikmin to snap back to attention.

Foreward B: Pikmin Toss
Olimar will throw a Pikmin foreward. If they hit an enemy, they will "stick" to them until they are shaken off. Same damage as the swarm move, except that Yellow does only 3%, but deals damage faster than the others. If the Pikmin misses, he will enter "idle" mode.

Up B: Olimar Toss
All of your Pikmin get undernieth Olimar and toss him. The more Pikmin, the higher Olimar will go. Purple Pikmin will act like 5 normal pikmin, Olimar-toss wise. If they are saving Olimar from falling, like they probably are, they will most likly suicide to save Oli's life. Olimar's flying body does 1% of damage per pikmin that throws him with 2% for yellows, and 5% for Purples. On the ground, the Pikmin that tossed Olimar enter their pale "Idle" mode.

Super: Super Pikmin Swarm
The three Onions fly down and start divebombing the stage with Pikmin, who will begin to attack all the enemies for their usual damage. 100 Pikmin will appear, and only the main three colors will appear. Olimar can control the Pikmin (Use them in B moves, "Swarm" them) for the duration of the super. The 100 Pikmin will stay for about 20 seconds after the Onions leave before disappearing, leaving 20 fresh Pikmin for your use.

Taunt: Olimar lays down and relaxes for a moment. Any Pikmin under his command will pick him up and carry hm around for a while.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
now i made 2 olimar movesets for u guys to talk crap about:
moveset 1
A- punch for a combo of 3 punches 1%-3%
^A- up smash headbutt 8%-15%
Adown- does marios down smash 8%-15%
A>- smash punch 9%-16%
B- pluck pimin. hold for buds and flowers. (max 5 pikmin)
B^- Jet pack 5%-12%
Bdown- hold for 5 seconds to power up pikmin 3%, lasts 10 seconds
B>- Throw pikmin 4%-14%
moveset 2
A- throw pikin. hold it to charge throw harder and farther
A>- take a pikmin and swing it forward. 8%-25%
Adown- take a pikmin and swing it around ur feet 8%-20%
^A- take a pikmin and swing it above you 8%-20%
B- charge for 5 secs and ur pikm in r powered up for 10 sec by 3% (if kirby gets ur b, it becomes pluckable pikmin)
B>- Forward punch can stun at fully charged 8%-15%
Bdown- pluck a pikmin (max 5)
B^- the same up b as samus 3%-10%

stats:
weight= C-
Recovery= B+
Speed= B
Power= B
Throw= D-

Pikmin:
purple- high dmg and stun
red- med dmg and fire
white- low dmg and poisions
yellow- low dmg and when thrown goes far
blue- med dmg and water dmg
and for the throws it would be like captain falcon's. wat do u guys think?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
gigayoshi said:
I liked dotdotdot's better...
u know why? b.c. his lets u control a 100 pikmin which is bull
one thing its over powered...
too laggy
way to crazy/messy
and its a huge advantage and very cheap
i think 5 is balanced and it makes it so u cant raid everybody with a bunch of pikmin without feeling like u have no pikmin

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom said:
u know why? b.c. his lets u control a 100 pikmin which is bull
one thing its over powered...
too laggy
way to crazy/messy
and its a huge advantage and very cheap
i think 5 is balanced and it makes it so u cant raid everybody with a bunch of pikmin without feeling like u have no pikmin
*Ahem* 100 Pikmin is a Super move, which is meant to be overpowered, and ties back into the original game. When Balancing Olimar, you have to remember that for every Pikmin on the field, the easier it is to lose track of them. The easier it is to lose track of Pikmin, the more likely they are to be killed by enemies. Remember, Pikmin can be one-hit-KO'd by anything with comparatively low Knockback. One good Falcon Punch or Kick could destroy your entire Pikmin Population. If anything, My Olimar would be extremely difficult to play and master. "Pikmin Swarming" is just an upside to his many defects, and, in truth, will kill off your Pikmin faster.

Also, I didn't say anything about lag. For all you know he pulls out Pikmin like Link pulls out bombs.

Also, maybe it's just the fact that I wrote more than one line for each move description. But thats just me. ;) :p

Of course, My Oli's A-moves would balance out with his Pikmin. I think He would have a pretty good A moveset, but I'm not very good at the A-moves so I don't like to do it.

Thanks for the compliment Gigayoshi :)

Meta_Owns_Ur_Mom

Smash Apprentice
dotdotdot! said:
*Ahem* 100 Pikmin is a Super move, which is meant to be overpowered, and ties back into the original game. When Balancing Olimar, you have to remember that for every Pikmin on the field, the easier it is to lose track of them. The easier it is to lose track of Pikmin, the more likely they are to be killed by enemies. Remember, Pikmin can be one-hit-KO'd by anything with comparatively low Knockback. One good Falcon Punch or Kick could destroy your entire Pikmin Population. If anything, My Olimar would be extremely difficult to play and master. "Pikmin Swarming" is just an upside to his many defects, and, in truth, will kill off your Pikmin faster.

Also, I didn't say anything about lag. For all you know he pulls out Pikmin like Link pulls out bombs.

Also, maybe it's just the fact that I wrote more than one line for each move description. But thats just me. ;) :p

Of course, My Oli's A-moves would balance out with his Pikmin. I think He would have a pretty good A moveset, but I'm not very good at the A-moves so I don't like to do it.

Thanks for the compliment Gigayoshi :)
srry dotdotdot i just think it would be scary having a whole bunch of pikmin on ur tail lol im going to work on a very unique moveset for him AGAIN (for the third time) and it will involve moves and items from pikmin 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom