• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
How do I get on the list because I was kinda forced to use Fox in smash 4 because Wolf got cut, BUT I like Fox too.

Andross as a playable character. Hmmm... I like it.
maybe wolf can have something like the Triforce Slash! Here is the idea. Wolf shoots a shot out of his blaster,round house kicks you 3 times then slashes you in the air with his claw and while your in the air he slashes you really fast, To finish it off he lifts his leg up and kicks you with with his heel. Also if your at a high percent you will bounce off the ground after the heel.

Sorry if this is too long, I just really love wolf:wolf:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How do I get on the list because I was kinda forced to use Fox in smash 4 because Wolf got cut, BUT I like Fox too.
maybe wolf can have something like the Triforce Slash! Here is the idea. Wolf shoots a shot out of his blaster,round house kicks you 3 times then slashes you in the air with his claw and while your in the air he slashes you really fast, To finish it off he lifts his leg up and kicks you with with his heel. Also if your at a high percent you will bounce off the ground after the heel.

If you want to post something but no one else posted after you I recommend using the Edit feature

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

All you need to do is support Wolf. Just added you.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, I hear some people think more Smash Bros DLC will be announced at E3, mainly because DLC has been announced there before. Just to make sure, does anyone know if Nintendo has announced DLC at E3 before?

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I think E3 is would be the best place to announce DLC for a game of this scale and popularity. Especially with the inevitable announcement of the return of Wolf during the Star Fox presentation! hahaha

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think E3 is would be the best place to announce DLC for a game of this scale and popularity. Especially with the inevitable announcement of the return of Wolf during the Star Fox presentation! hahaha
You don't even know how much I've been thinking about a wolf + Krystal trailer lately, it'd be amazing.

It'd start out with empty space before an arwing flies past the screen and the Star Wolf theme starts playing followed shortly by a wolfen chasing it down. The trailer continues for a little while showing cinematic scenes of the ships flying and shooting at eachother. The camera changes to show fox inside his arwing like in that one subspace cutscene (Can't remember which one) before the camera pans out the window showing the wolfen flying behind. As the wolfen flies past the camera with wolf staring directly into it, the splash art "Wolf Claws into Battle!" appears. The Wolfen manages to shoot down the arwing as it crashes on a planet that looks like Sauria. Fox stumbles out his ship as wolf lands and they run at eachother and begin to fight. Wolf's arm and Fox's leg clash and wolf kicks fox in the stomach launching him backwards causing the music to cut out. Wolf begins to walk towards the injured fox, he pulls out his blaster and prepares to shoot while saying "You'll be seeing your dad soon, Star Fox!". Suddenly, a staff falls from above and hits Wolf knocking him over. The camera pans up and an arwing flies past as a remixed version of the Sauria theme from Star Fox Assault begins to play. A blue figure jumps down and picks up the staff while the camera spins around them revealing it to be Krystal in a new, command styled appearance. When the camera begins to settle on her upper body the splash art "Krystal Joins the Assault!" appears. The background changes back to normal and the camera spins around her showing Krystal in front of Fox and wolf getting up before saying "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" which then transitions to gameplay. The gameplay shows off various things including Krystal's staff based moveset, HD Wolf and his various changes including a new final smash "Wolfen Assault", New and old star fox based stages including Sector Z, Venom and Star Fox Adventures and Wii U stages. It also shows Star Fox 64 3D based alts for Fox and Falco. Throughout the gameplay sequence the characters talk like in Palutena's trailer including Fox, Falco, Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, Wolf, Leon and Panther however rather than just talking the codec boxes show up on screen along with the characters portrait.

But alas, that is just a dream that'll never come true

Last edited:

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
You don't even know how much I've been thinking about a wolf + Krystal trailer lately, it'd be amazing.

It'd start out with empty space before an arwing flies past the screen and the Star Wolf theme starts playing followed shortly by a wolfen chasing it down. The trailer continues for a little while showing cinematic scenes of the ships flying and shooting at eachother. The camera changes to show fox inside his arwing like in that one subspace cutscene (Can't remember which one) before the camera pans out the window showing the wolfen flying behind. As the wolfen flies past the camera with wolf staring directly into it, the splash art "Wolf Claws into Battle!" appears. The Wolfen manages to shoot down the arwing and it crashes on a planet that looks like Sauria as a remixed version of the Sauria theme from Assault plays. Fox stumbles out his ship as wolf lands and they run at eachother and begin to fight. Wolf's arm and Fox's leg clash and wolf kicks fox in the stomach launching him backwards. Wolf begins to walk towards the injured fox, he pulls out his blaster and prepares to shoot. Suddenly, the music stops and a staff falls from above and hits Wolf knocking him over. The camera pans up and an arwing flies past. A blue figure jumps down and picks up the staff while the camera spins around them revealing it to be Krystal in a new, command styled appearance. When the camera begins to settle on her upper body the splash art "Krystal Joins the Assault!" appears. The background changes back to normal and the camera spins around her showing Krystal in front of Fox and wolf getting up before saying "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" which then transitions to gameplay. The gameplay shows off various things including Krystal's staff based moveset, HD Wolf and his various changes including a new final smash "Wolfen Assault", New and old star fox based stages including Sector Z, Venom and a Star Fox Wii U stage as well as Star Fox 64 3D based alts for Fox and Falco. Throughout the gameplay sequence the characters talk like in Palutena's trailer including Fox, Falco, Krystal, Slippy, Peppy, Wolf, Leon and Panther however rather than just talking the codec boxes show up on screen along with the characters portrait.

But alas, that is just a dream that'll never come true
That's beautiful.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I just thought of something. What if Wolf can be a free download if players have star fox wii u and players who do not have star fox wii u can buy him afterwards?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
The game can come with a download code inside the case, download the code on your Wii U/3DS and you unlock Wolf. That's how it could work.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just thought of something. What if Wolf can be a free download if players have star fox wii u and players who do not have star fox wii u can buy him afterwards?
Maybe Club Nintendo's successor will be put into place by the time that Star Fox comes out? It would certainly be a nice way to encourage people to buy the new Star Fox game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah they said they'd announce the new program at E3.
It is? Interesting. Maybe we could get some DLC news as well, but that is me being just hopeful. I wonder what the chances are in getting any news for DLC at E3? (I hope I am not bothering anyone by asking this again)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It certainly seems possible; we've gotten character announcements at the past two E3s, and if they're going to announce any more DLC characters for Smash Bros., an event as big as E3 seems like the best time to do it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It certainly seems possible; we've gotten character announcements at the past two E3s, and if they're going to announce any more DLC characters for Smash Bros., an event as big as E3 seems like the best time to do it.
I dunno, I think the DLC announcement could be at anytime. I mean, I believe the Mario Kart 8 DLC was not announced at E3. Just saying.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah but who cares about Mario Kart 8. (I'm kidding. I think it's an awesome game and I don't even have it.) This is smash we're talking about here! If there is gonna be a big reveal on for SSB4 it's gonna be then. (Then we find out Rayman is DLC)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah but who cares about Mario Kart 8. (I'm kidding. I think it's an awesome game and I don't even have it.) This is smash we're talking about here! If there is gonna be a big reveal on for SSB4 it's gonna be then. (Then we find out Rayman is DLC)
If you say so, SMAASH! Puppy. I still think Smash DLC could be announced at any time, even outside of E3.

BTW, just so you all know, the Facebook page now has over 3000 likes.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
If you say so, SMAASH! Puppy. I still think Smash DLC could be announced at any time, even outside of E3.

BTW, just so you all know, the Facebook page now has over 3000 likes.
E3 is the perfect time though it's a couple months after mewtwo's release, mario kart will be getting DLC around the same time. It just makes sense

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
E3 is the perfect time though it's a couple months after mewtwo's release, mario kart will be getting DLC around the same time. It just makes sense
Okay, if you say so. Still thinking it could happen anytime (though E3 may be the most likely time of all). With E3 being brought up, though, I am kinda wishing that June could come sooner. Just saying. Still, has Nintendo announced DLC at E3 before?

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
sorry guys I have not been on in a while I've been busy with being team manager for my high school's Basketball team and I am also still calming down from my adrenaline high from last night. We became regional champions last night. But back to the topic at hand I think E3 would be the best time to announce DLC because there will be many people there and watching from their comfort zones. And the place will and would be hype and they wouldn't want to disappoint their fans.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Call me a non believer, but I looked up Nintendo, DLC and E3, and I did not see anything stating that Nintendo has previously announced game DLC at a past E3. I know why people think DLC for Smash could be revealed at this year's E3, and I can understand, but do you guys really think they'd announce Smash Bros DLC at E3 when they have not announced DLC for anything in past E3 events?

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Call me a non believer, but I looked up Nintendo, DLC and E3, and I did not see anything stating that Nintendo has previously announced game DLC at a past E3. I know why people think DLC for Smash could be revealed at this year's E3, and I can understand, but do you guys really think they'd announce Smash Bros DLC at E3 when they have not announced DLC for anything in past E3 events?
I really don't see what difference it makes, they've rarely done DLC in the past anyway and only really started with Mario Kart 8 which wasn't in development when E3 came around last year

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nintendo hasn't really done DLC before (New Super Luigi U was their first big attempt at it, as far as I can recall), so it's hard to go by what they've done in the past.

Top Bottom