• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Wow, it seems like the support is growing by the hundreds every day.

Who is Jaz Adams? Does he voice anyone I might know?

EDIT: Hmm, somehow I got in the spoilers.....
Jaz Adams voiced Wolf in Star Fox 64 3D, he also voice Peppy in that game and in the Orbital Gate codecs (I think), he also voice Pepper and Andross in 643D too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh god I hope not. That would just be a slap in the face. His current voice lends itself perfectly to his aggressive personality, but if that were to change, said personality would seem out of place, especially if he does get a British voice.

And are you sure his 64 voice is British? Because my memory is telling me "no".

I think we can all agree that Fox's new voice is flat-out bad. Falco's isn't inherently bad, but it's not reminiscent of his cocky, in-your-face attitude. It makes him sound nonchalant, which I'm pretty sure Falco is anything but.

I'm with you there. Fox and Falco crapped out in the voice department. We don't need Wolf getting hurt by this as well. I mean, I'd still use him, but I'd much prefer they leave him alone in that particular area.
Listen to how Wolf says "You're good, but I'm better!"
He doesn't emphasize the R like we Brits do

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Jaz Adams voiced Wolf in Star Fox 64 3D, he also voice Peppy in that game and in the Orbital Gate codecs (I think), he also voice Pepper and Andross in 643D too.
I don't have the 3DS version(mainly due to having the original on my Wii), so I don't know what his voice sounds like. Is there a definite advantage the 3DS version has over the original(other than graphical, of course)? I haven't looked into it that much.
Listen to how Wolf says "You're good, but I'm better!"
He doesn't emphasize the R like we Brits do
Ok, there is that, but I still don't get that vibe from his other voice clips. Maybe I should play the game again and find out for sure.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I don't have the 3DS version(mainly due to having the original on my Wii), so I don't know what his voice sounds like. Is there a definite advantage the 3DS version has over the original(other than graphical, of course)? I haven't looked into it that much.

Ok, there is that, but I still don't get that vibe from his other voice clips. Maybe I should play the game again and find out for sure.
It supports gyro controls and you can challenge people to the multiplayer mode online.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

He seems to switch accents

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Thanks, March is almost here, which means Nintendo direct. I'll search through more videos later since I'm not going to have alot of free time to do it, was able to get the ones in this video though, keep the support going, is there a Wolf 4 DLC youtube channel? It could serve to upload original Wolf 4 DLC videos and have a playlist of all the existing ones.
No problem.

So, you really think we will get a Direct in March? Since the Club Nintendo Mewtwo DLC thing ends at the end of March, we should get some news on the Mewtwo DLC in the next Direct.

EDIT: BTW, the post I made the link to the Twitter page too has earned 379 likes, just so you know.

Last edited:

mark welford

Smash Ace
I just thought what if me or someone else sent a message to ZeRo explaining our campaign efforts with the list of supporters on youtube and this could the 1st successful major move of our campaign if he responds.

DwhitetheGamer

Smash Rookie
I just thought what if me or someone else sent a message to ZeRo explaining our campaign efforts with the list of supporters on youtube and this could the 1st successful major move of our campaign if he responds.
Do it to it. Having one of the top Smash Bros. players helping with your campaign efforts will send a big message to Daddy Sakurai.

DwhitetheGamer

Smash Rookie
Can you give me an idea of how the message should go I feel sick to my stomach right now thinking about sending him a message to support our campaign.
Hey, it's your PM, make it however you want. Just be sure to include the URL link.
And don't be so bad on yourself. I've met a famous person once and I didn't feel anything akin to nervousness.

DwhitetheGamer

Smash Rookie
I just want to know how can I do that I just feel sick and frustrated and I need guidance from you guys.
How about something like this:

"Hey, ZeRo. This is [insert username here] of the Smash Boards. I would like your help regarding a DLC pack for Wolf. [insert URL here] Can you help us send a message to Daddy Sakurai saying we want Wolf in Smash 4? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

[your username here].

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I just want to know how can I do that I just feel sick and frustrated and I need guidance from you guys.
Dear ZeRo,

I am writing this letter to ask you if you would like to support Wolf O'Donnell being playable in SUper Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as DLC. We currently have over 2100 supporters on the Smashboards Wolf thread list (link to thread),we also have a Facebook page(insert link) and a Twitter page (insert link). Of the supporters,some of us have searched tirelessly for hours looking for more Wolf supporters across the web, others have composed emails of high quality and sent them to Sakurai. Some of us want him back because he was a good character competitively, but most want him back because of who he is, and how much fun it was just to play as him. We want Wolf playable, because he is one of are most beloved video game characters. Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS looks to be a big hit both casually and competitively, not to mention its getting more support from Nintendo than most of the other smash bros games. We want Wolf and some of the other cut veterans like Lucas to be a part of this iteration of Smash Bros. Your support would be greatly appreciated, as the winner of the first official Smash 4 tournament as well as the Smash 4 Evo tournament, your support would mean alot to us. Please do consider supporting Wolf for DLC.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
The Wolf supporters.:)

mark welford

Smash Ace
Dear ZeRo,

I am writing this letter to ask you if you would like to support Wolf O'Donnell being playable in SUper Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as DLC. We currently have over 2100 supporters on the Smashboards Wolf thread list (link to thread),we also have a Facebook page(insert link) and a Twitter page (insert link). Of the supporters,some of us have searched tirelessly for hours looking for more Wolf supporters across the web, others have composed emails of high quality and sent them to Sakurai. Some of us want him back because he was a good character competitively, but most want him back because of who he is, and how much fun it was just to play as him. We want Wolf playable, because he is one of are most beloved video game characters. Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS looks to be a big hit both casually and competitively, not to mention its getting more support from Nintendo than most of the other smash bros games. We want Wolf and some of the other cut veterans like Lucas to be a part of this iteration of Smash Bros. Your support would be greatly appreciated, as the winner of the first official Smash 4 tournament as well as the Smash 4 Evo tournament, your support would mean alot to us. Please do consider supporting Wolf for DLC.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
The Wolf supporters.:)
That was beautiful! can I use this to ask him?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I really hope this works out, I'll unfortunately be very busy and won't have time to check for updates for the next few days, so until I return I hope for the best. Don't worry I'll be back here by the first days of March. Now I need to get some rest.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I really hope this works out, I'll unfortunately be very busy and won't have time to check for updates for the next few days, so until I return I hope for the best. Don't worry I'll be back here by the first days of March. Now I need to get some rest.
Alright, be safe. I'll be trying to get more likes for the Facebook page while I are at it.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Sign me up. Wolf was one of my favorites in Brawl. I hope he makes a comeback along with Lucas ;)

mark welford

Smash Ace
I have sent the message I hope he reads it I added even if you do not care thank you for your time and good luck at you next tournament outing.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Something is telling me if wolf reuterned as DLC there is 50% chance that they might change his "what's the matter scared" taunt like they did to sonic and falco taunt

Last edited:

rsr2

Smash Lord
Wow this thread got so many new posts since my last one >_>

Also Wolf's "What's the matter scared?" is my favorite taunt to use. The howl is pretty good too but just not as awesome.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
@ Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Wolf... British? lets hope not. If I were to pick an accent I would have to give him a thug accent (If thug was an accent. Still would be weird though.).
@ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn I thought Shulk was Australian.
Wonder what wolf's pallet swaps would be. I couldn't begin to speculate since I have only played the versus mode of Star Fox (Wolf wasn't even unlocked), and any playthroughs I find are either incredibly boring, bad quality, or both.

Edit: I didn't see the last few posts, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom