• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Still, plenty of people tend to get one version over the other, and I know many that opted to choose 3DS over Wii U.
I got BOTH. One for portability (Who doesn't like nice fried Smash to-go?") and one for better gameplay + HD quality (my 3DS is the smaller older model). I LOVED the Ice Climbers and I'm also mad they got cut--I miss every cut veteran (except for Young Link) ever made in Smash. But I think I love the 3DS version enough to merit the cutting of the Ice Climbers--and if you want to dive deep into what the 3DS did to the Wii U version, the removal of transformations is really great, creating a fresh feel for the characters separated--although, one could say Squirtle and Ivysaur were cut cause of this...you know what? I CHANGE MY MIND. Lol just kidding--but seriously, to each their own.
I think Smash was in a weird position--Smash is usually a console-based game, but effort wanted to be put into a 3DS version because more people probably have a 3DS than a Wii U. Of course, they didn't want to deliberately ignore the WIi U version so they made the two versions side-by-side.

I just love how our veteran contenders are all under different circumstances regarding their DLC potential

Wolf - Because---because--because---because Sakurai

Snake - because of Konami issues, we have yet to see him release. Though, me thinks he's more neutral than everybody seems to think--with Wolf being a positive. Me thinks Sakurai actually REALLY wants him back but is trying convince Konami--strangely he hasn't been shot down

Ice Climbers -- because 3DS limitations--other than that, it seems their data is finished (unless 8 player smash factors in--then--boy, we got a long talk.

Ivysaur - Why he should be in--Because the Bulbasaur family has been sh*tted on being last choice--WELL THAT'S ENOUGH. IT'S TIME FOR IVYSAUR TO KICK GRENINJA AND CHARIZARD'S A** WITH IT'S LITTLE VINEWHIP AND LEAFS THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS. PLUS HE WALKS ON FOUR F***KING LEGS--also, we need more Grass types.

Pichu -- PICHU PEEECHUUUUUU gonna cause a massive riot for this, but I can totally see them considering Pichu as a last Veteran bow-out from Sakurai

Squirtle - One could say Greninja is the spiritual successor--one could also say "you thinks he is the spiritual successor"

Young Link - because I said no.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I got BOTH. One for portability (Who doesn't like nice fried Smash to-go?") and one for better gameplay + HD quality (my 3DS is the smaller older model). I LOVED the Ice Climbers and I'm also mad they got cut--I miss every cut veteran (except for Young Link) ever made in Smash. But I think I love the 3DS version enough to merit the cutting of the Ice Climbers--and if you want to dive deep into what the 3DS did to the Wii U version, the removal of transformations is really great, creating a fresh feel for the characters separated--although, one could say Squirtle and Ivysaur were cut cause of this...you know what? I CHANGE MY MIND. Lol just kidding--but seriously, to each their own.
I think Smash was in a weird position--Smash is usually a console-based game, but effort wanted to be put into a 3DS version because more people probably have a 3DS than a Wii U. Of course, they didn't want to deliberately ignore the WIi U version so they made the two versions side-by-side.

I just love how our veteran contenders are all under different circumstances regarding their DLC potential

Wolf - Because---because--because---because Sakurai

Snake - because of Konami issues, we have yet to see him release. Though, me thinks he's more neutral than everybody seems to think--with Wolf being a positive. Me thinks Sakurai actually REALLY wants him back but is trying convince Konami--strangely he hasn't been shot down

Ice Climbers -- because 3DS limitations--other than that, it seems their data is finished (unless 8 player smash factors in--then--boy, we got a long talk.

Ivysaur - Why he should be in--Because the Bulbasaur family has been sh*tted on being last choice--WELL THAT'S ENOUGH. IT'S TIME FOR IVYSAUR TO KICK GRENINJA AND CHARIZARD'S A** WITH IT'S LITTLE VINEWHIP AND LEAFS THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS. PLUS HE WALKS ON FOUR F***KING LEGS--also, we need more Grass types.

Pichu -- PICHU PEEECHUUUUUU gonna cause a massive riot for this, but I can totally see them considering Pichu as a last Veteran bow-out from Sakurai

Squirtle - One could say Greninja is the spiritual successor--one could also say "you thinks he is the spiritual successor"

Young Link - because I said no.
I think it's safe to say most people got both versions, but I of course respect your opinion. I don't mind the 3DS version at all. There's just some tiny things about it that just rub me the wrong way sometimes.

I honestly don't mind if ALL veterans came back. I don't truly dislike anyone.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If anyone wants to tear this "joke" to shreds, go right ahead.
Roy more unique than wolf? LOLOLOLOL NOT IN A MILLION YEARS:joyful:
Who said this? Was this that one guy who showed up on this thread that was convinced wolf was a clone while saying roy was 100% unqie?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Roy more unique than wolf? LOLOLOLOL NOT IN A MILLION YEARS:joyful:
Who said this? Was this that one guy who showed up on this thread that was convinced wolf was a clone while saying roy was 100% unqie?
Lol.

It was just some random guy in another thread saying that.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Lol.

It was just some random guy in another thread saying that.
I'm seriously baffled how this clone nonsense is still going on. Do people seriously not press the A button or is everyone's clone standards stupidy strict nowadays? Remember back in the brawl days everyone called lucario a Mewtwo clone when they literally have one move in common? At least people wised up from then, now if only they did the same for wolf.

Last edited:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm seriously baffled how this clone nonsense is still going on. Do people seriously not press the A botton or is everyone's clone standards stupidy strict nowadays? Remember back in the brawl days everyone called lucario a Mewtwo clone when they literally have one move in common? At least people wised up from then, now if only they did the same for wolf.
Those are people that like to judge characters only by B moves. It's dumb, really.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Those are people that like to judge characters only by B moves. It's dumb, really.
True that.
There are some people who are like "A moves don't count. B moves are the real bread and butter to a moveset." I'm sorry, please enlighten me on how 70% of a characters moveset just doesn't count now. Sounds to me like their grasping at straws now.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Prepare for the army of every Young Link supporter! All 24 of us...
Who thinks Wolf AND Krystal should be in Smash?
I'll be fine with krystal, hell I'm up for any character after wolf. (It'd be nice if we got k rool tho)

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Great to see wolf as number one. Which i can agree with

But.....

Theres a huge flaw with that list that makes it not entirely reliable

Im pretty sure the king k rool Has way more votes than the inklings. (In the real deal, not fan made ones)
Well, remember that this poll only tells the "want" of each character, not necessarily what you voted.
upload_2015-9-13_14-51-17.png
(In a regular poll of what you voted, this will be closer to your imagination)

Some character may just have more 5 votes, as in "I want this character", but the difference between this poll and other one-vote-per-person vote is, while for K Rool most people voted 5 (I want him as my top choice) or 4 (Not my first choice but I want him), some do have strong (or not so strong) opinion against him. Whereas for Wolf (and Inkling), less of the votes goes to 1 (I strongly oppose) or 2 (I don't want him), and the votes are more concentrated on 5 (top choice), 3 (neutral/why not), and 4 (i want him) by order. The difference that makes Wolf higher than Inklings are, that the percentage of 1 votes are still lower for Wolf (57/782=7%) than Inkling (88/777=11%), etc. (Again as told Wolf has the lowest concentration of 1 votes)

So it's not "unreliable" compared to other polls, because it's a whole different type of poll.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well, remember that this poll only tells the "want" of each character, not necessarily what you voted.
View attachment 73155(In a regular poll of what you voted, this will be closer to your imagination)

Some character may just have more 5 votes, as in "I want this character", but the difference between this poll and other one-vote-per-person vote is, while for K Rool most people voted 5 (I want him as my top choice) or 4 (Not my first choice but I want him), some do have strong (or not so strong) opinion against him. Whereas for Wolf (and Inkling), less of the votes goes to 1 (I strongly oppose) or 2 (I don't want him), and the votes are more concentrated on 5 (top choice), 3 (neutral/why not), and 4 (i want him) by order. The difference that makes Wolf higher than Inklings are, that the percentage of 1 votes are still lower for Wolf (57/782=7%) than Inkling (88/777=11%), etc. (Again as told Wolf has the lowest concentration of 1 votes)

So it's not "unreliable" compared to other polls, because it's a whole different type of poll.
To me Wolf and Krool make the most sense for DLC, they're both highly requested, both beloved villains, and their respective game series still have new games coming out.

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
I don't even give a **** for the ICies. Never used them and competitively they were stupid to fight.I swear, the only reason I even like MK in this game is because he's one of the only characters who can reliably gimp characters in this game
That bird has the most fluctuating play style between Smash games @.@ But yeah, a bunch of clones have been Luigified and will never be what they once were. It just so happens that Young Link got an appearnace and name change along with his Luigification.
wobbling......gives me nightmares

You should've seen Meta Knight in Brawl

The bird is the best

Young Link could return just with a unique moveset(Like his Final Smash could be Fierce Deity,side B could be the Goron Mask

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Prepare for the army of every Young Link supporter! All 24 of us...
Anyone after Wolf is fair game.

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
Krystal is the only character I want more than Wolf! I'd be ecstatic if we got both.
(also @ T Tahu Mata i love your username)
Thanks! I love Bionicle.

To me Wolf and Krool make the most sense for DLC, they're both highly requested, both beloved villains, and their respective game series still have new games coming out.
Agreed. K. Rool is also definitely deserving of the spot.

D

Deleted member

If Wolf and K.Rool are revealed at the same day i would **** bricks.

D

Deleted member

What would you do if Isaac was also revealed.
Because I know my mind would be blown.
My Top 3 all in one day. Would be amazing.
Wolf is actually my 4th most wanted character though.

The characters in my signature are in no specific order.

My #1 most wanted character is Simon Belmont from Castlevania and my 5th one is Paper Mario.

Isaac and K.Rool are my 3th and 2nd most wanted characters respectevily.

But if ALL 5 OF THEM made it in, i think i would **** an entire building.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord

My #1 most wanted character is Simon Belmont from Castlevania and my 5th one is Paper Mario.

For requested characters, Roy was the one I absolutely wanted the most.

Wolf and Rayman come really close.

And yeah, I'd **** bricks if Wolf and K. Rool were revealed at the same time.

Last edited:
I would be extremely hyped if K. Rool and Wolf were revealed at the same day. K. Rool is my most wanted and Wolf is my third most wanted character (Bandana Dee is 2nd, Ridley is 4th and Black Mage is 5th).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

I just find it Great that you have them in that order.
My top 3 in the Middle.
After that I would probably have Bandana Dee.
But well I got my number one :4lucas:and a bit more :4feroy:
Mind you I would not mind seeing Simon Belmont get in the game :)

Tahu Mata

Smash Lord
I'm happy to see that Bandana Dee is 4th and Pichu is 20th.

On the other hand, I'm sad that Rayman didn't even break the top 50.
Rayman definitely has less supporters in Japan than in other places.

As a fellow supporter of him, I'll keep supporting him until the end.

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's great to see Wolf and King K. Rool at the top since those 2 are the only characters I want.

If they both make it in I'm golden and anyone else added besides them is a bonus for me.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, Wolf is the literal "永遠の二番手" in DLC polls... :[
Well at least he isn't Luigi, then that position would really be everlasting wouldn't it :troll:? Seriously though, poor Wolf, no matter how hard he tries he will never be the most popular, due to being some old washed up veteran while these new fangled newcomers are all hip, Wolf can't keep up with the trends :C.
What does that even mean?
It means something akin to "always number two/ always second" I think, or at least that's what my bro says(he knows very little Japanese but it's useful at times).

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Absolutely. Krystal was my number one most wanted before I discovered Wolf's fate. She's currently my number two most wanted, but remains my most wanted newcomer. I know I sound like a broken record a this point, but I'm still praying for that Star Fox DLC Bundle I've mentioned again and again. Wolf, Krystal, and "Dector Z" (Inside joke). Either that, or just port Lylat Cruise to the 3DS and Corneria to the Wii U.

Whereas I'm satisfied to see Wolf being number two, it still frustrates my that he isn't number one. It also agitates me on how some characters are very questionably placed above/below others.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Absolutely. Krystal was my number one most wanted before I discovered Wolf's fate. She's currently my number two most wanted, but remains my most wanted newcomer. I know I sound like a broken record a this point, but I'm still praying for that Star Fox DLC Bundle I've mentioned again and again. Wolf, Krystal, and "Dector Z" (Inside joke). Either that, or just port Lylat Cruise to the 3DS and Corneria to the Wii U.

Whereas I'm satisfied to see Wolf being number two, it still frustrates my that he isn't number one. It also agitates me on how some characters are very questionably placed above/below others.
Its a poll of want. So what if Wolf isn't the most wanted. He's still the most likely out of everyone.

Top Bottom