• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

RadR99

Smash Rookie
So I made some minor changes (I had nothing to do today so I felt like fixing some things)

EDIT: Just fixed tail

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So I made some minor changes (I had nothing to do today so I felt like fixing some things)
I don't see what's different from the last one as it looks the same to me unless I'm looking at this the wrong way.

RadR99

Smash Rookie
I don't see what's different from the last one as it looks the same to me unless I'm looking at this the wrong way.
It's really minor. I added the things on his jacket, gave him his necklace and belt, and shaded a bit more. I also changed the tail.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's really minor. I added the things on his jacket, gave him his necklace and belt, and shaded a bit more. I also changed the tail.
Well it's still looks awesome nonetheless.
It is Omni, that's his early work.
Is Omni the guy that made the Rayman leak? Or was it someone else?

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I found this drawing of Wolf on Miiverse a few months ago but I forgot about it until now.

Better late than never I suppose.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655

EDIT: Just fixed tail
Finally, something to help me visualize this guy in HD glory! And that tail. It's like... cotton candy. Also, awkward amiibo stand incoming! It would still look great even with it.
I found this drawing of Wolf on Miiverse a few months ago but I forgot about it until now.

That cartoon style is so 90's LOL! Lovin' it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

When it comes to Wolf, it's never too late.
Finally, something to help me visualize this guy in HD glory! And that tail. It's like... cotton candy. Also, awkward amiibo stand incoming! It would still look great even with it.

That cartoon style is so 90's LOL! Lovin' it.
S'up, man! Fancy meeting you here. :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
@[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer], if you wouldn't mind, could you please change my old username in the supporters list from "Lizardon" to "AustarusIV"? It's just something that I haven't noticed until now.

Also, I've started following the twitter support page now that I've been notified of it on my email account. Wolf must be playable for the greater good!!

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I would like to be added to the supporter list, and where can I see the list?

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
When it comes to Wolf, it's never too late.

S'up, man! Fancy meeting you here. :)
S'up! Same to you. Yep, I frequently go about chatting with my fellow Wolf and Ice Climbers supporters. I figured I'd eventually find you here going by the Wolf icon as your Project M main.

Chico2099

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Sorry to bring this up but, I just wanted to help you guys out a bit, those of you who have the reasons why Wolf should be including in your signatures. One of the last points says Dark Pit and Doctor Mario nuff said. That basically means since Dark Pit and Doctor Mario are clones then there is no reason for Wolf not to come back as he is also a clone. So I just wanted to point that out and help you guys who have been contradicting yourselves by saying he is not a clone but, having that in your signature.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Sorry to bring this up but, I just wanted to help you guys out a bit, those of you who have the reasons why Wolf should be including in your signatures. One of the last points says Dark Pit and Doctor Mario nuff said. That basically means since Dark Pit and Doctor Mario are clones then there is no reason for Wolf not to come back as he is also a clone. So I just wanted to point that out and help you guys who have been contradicting yourselves by saying he is not a clone but, having that in your signature.
Why are you not banned yet?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There is an icon found in the game's files for a second page, though.

Also, it's completely foolish and downright ignorant to compare Wolf with Dr. Mario or Dark Pit. Both are results of very different circumstances in regards to the development of the games.

Here's a Sakurai quote:
There are three clones on the roster. Initially they were created as alternates, but during development they started to develop their own individual traits related to balancing, so we ended up making them different characters in order to separate their records. However, it was of the utmost importance that the workload on the project was not increased. They wouldn’t make it in if balancing had to be done from the start, so they were balanced relative to their original.
Full translation here: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/07/09/i-answer-some-questions-sakurai-famitsu-column-vol-461-464/

Wolf was planned from the beginning for Brawl and, aside from derivative Fox specials and Landmaster FS, he has a very different moveset compared to Fox and Falco and feels very distinct.

I want Wolf and I've thrown my vote for him in the ballot back in April, shortly after the reveal of Lucas. He's my only wanted character by now, but at least, I try to understand Sakurai's motives and how game development flows. Only then may I have legitimacy in my criticisms.

Having experience in programming, I know how daunting the task can be and I know the frustration of being unable to put all ideas in one place. Game development isn't easy by any means and can be very shaky and uncertain. This is the reality.

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
There would be no room for the Mii fighters if that was real and the CSS is indeed full on the 3DS version as of now.
It's possible that the system doesn't have any Mii fighters but it's definitely fake, as we have the guy who made the render here on the thread.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wasn't he added in 2006 along with Toon Link, Jigglypuff and Sonic?
That doesn't mean they weren't unplanned characters.

They were low priority and were only added at the end of development, but they don't have the same unplanned status as the clones in Melee and Smash 4.

(Actually, I think Sonic wasn't planned for Brawl and his addition is what caused the delay. Maybe @PushDustIn can confirm this.)

StormC

Smash Hero
(Actually, I think Sonic wasn't planned for Brawl and his addition is what caused the delay. Maybe @PushDustIn can confirm this.)
He confirmed recently that Sonic was always planned for Brawl, but Sega said no for a year. His approval and addition did delay the game, though.

But you're right that those three were probably always planned and only low priority in the finished game.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
He confirmed recently that Sonic was always planned for Brawl, but Sega said no for a year. His approval and addition did delay the game, though.

But you're right that those three were probably always planned and only low priority in the finished game.
Brawl didn't have any sort of unplanned characters like the clones in Melee and Smash 4.

I find myself believing that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina weren't exactly last minute additions, but something that can be best described as a "lucky accident". They were always intended as alts from the beginning, but ended up having some unique attributes along the way of developing and balancing, they were given slots as a result to not mess with records and whatnot.

The Melee clones are a whole other story, though.

Last edited:

PurpleSoda

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KingQuagsire101
Brawl didn't have any sort of unplanned characters like the clones in Melee and Smash 4.

I find myself believing that Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina weren't exactly last minute additions, but something that can be best described as a "lucky accident". They were always intended as alts from the beginning, but ended up having some unique attributes along the way of developing and balancing, they were given slots as a result to not mess with records and whatnot.

The Melee clones are a whole other story, though.
The Melee clones were in the game becuase the fanbase wanted more characters.King Dedede was cut becuase of three reasons,Time Constraints,Fear of OverRepresentation,and the demand of more characters

Top Bottom