• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Can we coin a new fan name for Super Smash Bros for Wii U?

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Smash U? I dunno... I kinda like Smash 4 to be fair.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
For general speaking: Smash 4

For talking about the Wii U: Smash U

For talking about the 3DS: Smash 3D

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
How about Super Smash: The Ultimate Crossover Game In The History Of Each Respective Console?
SSTUCGITHOERC? Eh it almost spells heroic, lol

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
I call the games collectively smash4 or sm4sh.
Separately however, for the 3DS I call it either smash 3DS, or smash fire.
For the Wii U version, it's either smash Wii U, or smash ice.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Smash4 or Smash, no more subtitles, they cause division :v

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Super Smash Bros. Universe
it was to be the original name before the idea was scrapped due to the 3DS version. I believe that's what it should be called.

...no seriously. There shouldn't be any objections to this. I truly believe in my heart that this is what the community should refer to it as.

Last edited:

mistersl56

Smash Cadet
_________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

NinjaNomad196

Smash Cadet
NNID
NinjaNomad196
3DS FC
2766-8063-0156
I think Smash 4 is one of the better names to refer these games as, it's easy to say.
Holy crap, nice sig.

On-Topic:
Smash r3D
Smash blUe

^These aren't mine btw, stole them. Found them last year, but I forget where.

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yeah, Nintendo ****ed up with the name. ****ing stupid and ruining a great series of names. Such a ****ing ****ty name. I can't believe they did it. It's not even a real name! So just Smash 4... everyone should and is calling it that, don't even know why this thread exists.
To be completely honest it probably is a marketing move to show off which version is for which system and to make it mroe well known its for two different systems. Its easier for the consumer to keep track of.

Senario

Smash Ace
Smash U! Get it?! Cause you smash your friends?! Smash you!!!!!!!! Also with zss costume and wii fit trainer I am willing to call this smash game Super Smash bros extreme beach volleyball. *nod*

On a more srs note why not smash 4 or Sm4sh. I dont see what is wrong with a number. Resident evil 4 had a number and that was a good game imo. Older games had names in a lot of cases

Last edited:

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
smash4
/ \​
smashU ... smash3DS

Last edited:

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I was really hoping the final title would be something really dumb but fun to say like "Super Smash Bros: Rumble" or "Super Smash Bros: Turbo". Smash 4 just makes it sound routine.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If we refer to the games individually I think it's rather easy to just call them SSBU and SSB3D. However, since we do talk a lot about the games' shared content in this speculation period it's just easier to call them Smash 4. As soon as tournaments start and gameplay videos are uploaded I'm sure it's going to be coined SSBU/SSB3D though.

Top Bottom