• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calling out every noob on the Guilds

Status
Not open for further replies.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834

LOL!
wow btw join date fed 08
post count over 450? geeze
i may need to grow up on SB, but you really need to get a life. bwhaha (wario laff)

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^Renth...that's sexist....I know your kidding and all, but <_<

SDZ: If you aren't in a guild being challenged, why are you in this thread. So xYz is arrogant. And? I'm assuming that part of it is you don't think that guild/clans are stupid, right? Chill. It's the interwebs, and you getting huffy at someone isn't going to change their attitude.

xyz: I'm sure all 450+ posts were well thought out and valuable contributions to the site. We must just be slackers and worthless people <_< Oh, and not all girls are bad at smash (milktea, for example)

PEOPLE, IF YOU DISLIKE xYz, MAN (OR WOMAN) UP AND BEAT HIM. Trying to insult him in this thread is ****ing ********.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I'm sorry that you find insulting women based solely on their sex to be appropriate.

Calling me a scrub for finding that rude is kinda wack, but whatever man... the interwebz isn't the place to fight this <_<

Mike35

Smash Cadet
Hi, new poster here. Although I've been lurking for a bit, this thread caught my eye.

First off, I was wondering why there was so much clan hate in this topic. I don't know whether the clans on this board have done anything to piss people off, but it looks like clans are being criticized in general. I've never been too big on clans myself, but I don't see what is so bad about having friends online who you can play with and help each other become better at this game. Not everyone has a group of friends that all play SSBB competitively and are available to play all the time. Joining a clan seems like a much better option than playing FFA or computer opponents all day. Tell me if I'm missing something here.

Secondly, I noticed that SDZ was ignored, then laughed at, then called a "hoe" after she mentioned she was a girl. Now honestly, is this level of maturity expected around here? I feel like I'm back in second grade and there's a "no girls allowed" sign on the tree house. Please tell me this isn't how the majority of people here act in a situation like finding out someone is of the opposite sex...

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I'm sorry that you find insulting women based solely on their sex to be appropriate.

Calling me a scrub for finding that rude is kinda wack, but whatever man... the interwebz isn't the place to fight this <_<
*holds head then does a facepalm*

It is inappropriate to be sexist, and he misused the phrase scrub to boot. Scrub CANNOT be used as a aggressive insult, though a passive one is viable. People are throwing it around like the word noob, but it's like telling a fat person that they could stand to lose a few pounds, it's phrased kindly but may insult the person,though the word was not made to do so.

no man should discriminate against a woman, unless he is a fundamentalist Christian, because the bible pretty much treats woman like property.
Hi, new poster here. Although I've been lurking for a bit, this thread caught my eye.

First off, I was wondering why there was so much clan hate in this topic. I don't know whether the clans on this board have done anything to piss people off, but it looks like clans are being criticized in general. I've never been too big on clans myself, but I don't see what is so bad about having friends online who you can play with and help each other become better at this game. Not everyone has a group of friends that all play SSBB competitively and are available to play all the time. Joining a clan seems like a much better option than playing FFA or computer opponents all day. Tell me if I'm missing something here.

Secondly, I noticed that SDZ was ignored, then laughed at, then called a "hoe" after she mentioned she was a girl. Now honestly, is this level of maturity expected around here? I feel like I'm back in second grade and there's a "no girls allowed" sign on the tree house. Please tell me this isn't how the majority of people here act in a situation like finding out someone is of the opposite sex...
Renth, xYz, and AMA(m/t) post comments with the intellectual value of a second grader saying "duty" and have to the sense of humor to match it. Most of Ike boards is agreeable, and quite friendly save for the 3 aforementioned, and RoK when it comes to anything competitive. Regardless of that I welcome you to smashboards, though I don't feel to proud to be a Smashboarder when the whole reason you joined was to qualm about certain peoples behavior. Not everyone is like that on smashboards, but the flamer/spammer population is truthfully at about 10-15%.

Mike35

Smash Cadet
Renth, xYz, and AMA(m/t) post comments with the intellectual value of a second grader saying "duty" and have to the sense of humor to match it. Most of Ike boards is agreeable, and quite friendly save for the 3 aforementioned, and RoK when it comes to anything competitive. Regardless of that I welcome you to smashboards, though I don't feel to proud to be a Smashboarder when the whole reason you joined was to qualm about certain peoples behavior. Not everyone is like that on smashboards, but the flamer/spammer population is truthfully at about 10-15%.
Thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was generalizing these boards in my post. This thread may have just given me a bad impression since it happened to be the first one I clicked when I came to the Ike boards.

Anyway, I did join for more than to just talk about online behavior. Hopefully my posts will be more about SSBB discussion and less about clans and sexist comments in the future. ;)

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Thank you for the welcome. I'm sorry if it seemed like I was generalizing these boards in my post. This thread may have just given me a bad impression since it happened to be the first one I clicked when I came to the Ike boards.

Anyway, I did join for more than to just talk about online behavior. Hopefully my posts will be more about SSBB discussion and less about clans and sexist comments in the future. ;)
The Ike boards is pretty much love and hate, it's clear who are bigots and who are named enshoku ^.^

I live for the sole purpose of talking about online behavior. Ethics standards and protocol are hard to establish in a completely anonymous setting, which is why the aforementioned is my second favorite debate topic. Why were you searching in the Ike boards if your a bowser main, seems a bit queer, ne?

Mike35

Smash Cadet
The Ike boards is pretty much love and hate, it's clear who are bigots and who are named enshoku ^.^

I live for the sole purpose of talking about online behavior. Ethics standards and protocol are hard to establish in a completely anonymous setting, which is why the aforementioned is my second favorite debate topic. Why were you searching in the Ike boards if your a bowser main, seems a bit queer, ne?
Heh, just as I hadn't posted before now, I hadn't messed with my account profile either other than the requirements. :laugh: I guess it set me to Bowser randomly or by default.

My main has been Marth since Melee, although it was Pikachu and Kirby in the original. But I'd use main loosely since I'm all over the place with character selection. I really like to try and play all characters from time to time, but lately I've been playing a bit more Ike because he's another swordsman type (which I tend to really enjoy playing). So far I still enjoy Marth more than anyone else, probably because of Melee, but I'm still learning with the changes and new characters in Brawl.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Heh, just as I hadn't posted before now, I hadn't messed with my account profile either other than the requirements. :laugh: I guess it set me to Bowser randomly or by default.

My main has been Marth since Melee, although it was Pikachu and Kirby in the original. But I'd use main loosely since I'm all over the place with character selection. I really like to try and play all characters from time to time, but lately I've been playing a bit more Ike because he's another swordsman type (which I tend to really enjoy playing). So far I still enjoy Marth more than anyone else, probably because of Melee, but I'm still learning with the changes and new characters in Brawl.
I dislike marth, he's too weak for a swordsman, unlike his melee self. My top three right now are ZSS peach and Ike, though olimar is fun as hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom