• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This game is the bane of my existence.

IW better get off their ***** after their break and fix this game ASAP.

:phone:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
In response to your question, F8AL: Mine did not. I got it three years ago, Arcade bundle. If it came with a mic, I would have held onto it until I got XBL Gold, however.

FMG9 Akimbo LOOOOOL. I think my aim is why I do so bad; it's pitiful. I am messing around with the stick sensitivity, and right now, I'm on 8. Will up it as the personal need arises, but my aim needs to improve, no doubt about that.:applejack:

Edit: Nope, it's not just my aim. Going 2-23 is more than just bad aim.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Solid advice.

Odin, I have completed your challenge! As I had expected, I grew to hate the KSG because it is an awful awful weapon, even with Damage proficiency. Then again, I was also attempting to use it on maps I don't typically shotgun on, so difficulty was to be expected.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thunder, I've been gradually increasing it since BO, though the transfer to MW3 was so drastic, I decided to restart. By the time I got my own copy for Christmas, I was on 5. 7-8 feels like my current comfort zone, but you may be right about me advancing too quickly with the sensitivity. What should I turn it down to?

Thanks, Wretched. I have a sharp spike in my anxiety when I die, and I move around/run like there's no tomorrow; I loathe camping/sitting still with a passion.:applejack:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Moving slowly and/or walking around corners while aiming to be safe doesn't feel like camping to me, but I only do it if I am playing really good players.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've actually been walking around corners, and walking in general a lot more over the last few weeks.
When I say I dislike camping, I mean I do not like being on my own in one location for excessive amounts of time, especially a building or corner. I feel as if the spawns take advantage of my solitude. I also feel a bit more at ease when I know who I'm playing alongside, one could say I play 'safer.' Too hectic with random players, especially without a mic.:applejack:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Moving from one safe place to another to secure kills is the best way to play this game.

It's more tactical defending rather than camping.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Looking at it from that perspective, it seems like a more acceptable playing style to me. I'm not certain of making it routine, however.

I noticed from a tutorial: I almost never strafe unless an entrance is adjacent, or directly to my side and I know an enemy is present inside. Would it be proper for me to utilize strafing more?:applejack:

Pikaville

I was kinda joking.

Depends on the map/weapon really.

I was pretty campy/defensive in all the other CoD games.

But in this one I run around lots.

It's just so much fun.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Sesitivity can make or break your accuracy if you're not in your comfort zone. I also mentioned earlier that my accuracy needed improvement.

It seems I need to implement strafing, safer play, and other tips.:applejack:

Pikaville

One thing I can say helps a lot is aiming as you go around corners.

Also moving around the edges of the map looking at your UAV for flanking possibilities.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
As in ADS while slowly walking around corners? That can be done. I also lose a lot of long range encounters. I spend too much time trying to get the directly in the sight of my reticle, and I take ridiculous punishments. Should I hip-fire more in close proximity encounters? Not so close as to where I can successfully rush in and melee, but closer than mid range. I feel like the FMG9 suits that range well.:applejack:

Pikaville

Yeah I mean ADS while going around corners.

What I do usually is hip fire when you 1st run into them, but ADS as I'm firing depending on the distance.

With the FMG's you can win almost any close range encounter.

They used to do work mid range too, but since the nerf they don't really anymore, unless you get lucky and a bullet headshots them.

What load out do you use for interests sake?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My most frequently used class is UMP45(Kick and Holographic Sight), FMG9(nothing equipped, as of current, but going to consider Akimbo once obtained). Perks: SoH Pro, Assassin Pro, Stalker Pro. Lethal on Throwing Knife, Tactical on Flashbang. Assault class, with deastreak set to Juiced(I do not tamper with my deathstreak settings).

I commonly use a sniping class in Survival, when I want to practice.:applejack:

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Solid advice.

Odin, I have completed your challenge! As I had expected, I grew to hate the KSG because it is an awful awful weapon, even with Damage proficiency. Then again, I was also attempting to use it on maps I don't typically shotgun on, so difficulty was to be expected.
First of all,

:glare:

Secondly:

Pics, video, and or wear the title the next time I see you.

Let the record show,

THE KSG IS THE WORST SHOTGUN IN THE GAME. DELTA HAS MADE IT SO.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey Snack,

Did you like it when I jacked your WALL-E Assault drone and reaper last night? :troll:

I'm surprised they weren't hacked air drops, I was expecting to die. :awesome:

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Hey Snack,

Did you like it when I jacked your WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Assault drone and reaper HUNTER KILLER last night? :troll:

I'm surprised they weren't hacked air drops, I was expecting to die. :awesome:
This is why I run Sit-rep, or don't bother with enemy Air Drops now.

Kudos to anyone who gets my other reference up there.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
First of all,

:glare:
I don't think I've put it in all caps the entire time I've ever typed it. My apologies. :(

Secondly:

Pics, video, and or wear the title the next time I see you.

Let the record show,

THE KSG IS THE WORST SHOTGUN IN THE GAME. DELTA HAS MADE IT SO.
You don't get a title for getting it to Gold...

I'll take a picture!

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

KSG 12 lvl 4.

NICE TRY BRO!!!!!!! :troll:

You get a title for unlocking all proficiencies/attachments with a weapon. That's the one I was looking for.

Quoted for truth.

But people will never listen to that. They think it's cool to move their screen around quickly. High sensitivity gets girls, I hear.
Giggity.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Quoted for truth.

But people will never listen to that. They think it's cool to move their screen around quickly. High sensitivity gets girls, I hear.
Kept mine on 2 with FPS freaks, never looked back. Even a ****** like me can have near-perfect aim with that.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Going to take a short break from this game, let me know when they fix the spawns and other flaws in this game.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
They'd also better fix the kill streak glitch where if you get two of the same kind, you can only use one.

How it's not fixed yet blows my mind on something as simple as that. They let you do that in MW2 and Black Ops. >.<

MW3 takes so many steps back.

Top Bottom