• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calabrel's v2.6b custom build.

AWE_Adam

Smash Rookie
Bozeman, MT (And Los Angeles, CA on occasion!)
Hey Calabrel-- Your character texture collection has always been the best way for me to get my old smasher friends interested again and start playing. I would love to see them included again!
Is it a lot of work to do this?
If so, should I use the character textures of your previous builds instead?
Thank you for always delivering an amazing build!
I love your stage and music choices.
Your work has always greatly enhanced my playing experience, and I am grateful for you.

Wingflier

Smash Apprentice
What about people who use SDHC cards?

I think we have to use Riivolution to play. How would that work?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
Calabrel, I'm assuming if I take out the sound and info2 folders from your build, I can use your stages without the music? Also, I would love to see your textures btw.

anlin_wang

Smash Rookie
Will there be a texture collection and custom costumes for 3.0 or 3.1? Calabrel's custom builds have always been amazing.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Does this work with 3.0? I feel like it should since they're just Brawl Mods but I don't have any clue.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, as an update I wanted to assure you that I will be releasing another build for 3.0, I'm actually mostly ready, I'm just waiting for the inevitable bug-fix release for 3.0 so I don't have two 3.0 builds out there.

Since I am mostly done and am mostly waiting, I wanted to see if you guys have any song recommendations for stages. I can't guarantee I'll use them, but I can guarantee I will listen to them and if I feel it would be a great addition to the build I'll include them. Be sure when you specify which song you link, which stage you'd like to see it on, otherwise, I'll choose one myself.

Thanks guys, all your support has been a fantastic thing for me, its you guys that make me motivated to be sure I can get this to you as soon as possible!

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Hopefully I'm not the only one now just as excited for the lag-fix update so that this'll have a 3.0 build than I am for the fact that it fixes bugs and such.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
There's a general assumption/hope that there will be a Project M update at some point to fix the lag issues with using multiple alternate costumes / new characters in 2v2 and free for all matches. I'm referring to that. I also hear that the engine still retains some sort of momentum lag from brawl? They plan to fix up everything if they can, so yeah.

Basically I was referring to the same thing as calabrel when he said 3.0 bug-fix, though.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Get hype guys, I'm pretty much done with everything, just waiting for that patch to drop. I am looking for a Fire Emblem song, and a song for Peach's Castle if anyone wants to help out.

I have one question though:

Did you guys enjoy the CSS Song Cycler? Would you like to see the Song Cycler return, or would you prefer it not be in there so you guys can just choose which Menu song you want. By default I'm going to include it unless I see opposition.

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
Not totally sure what that thing does. If it doesn't get in the way of me using my own music then I don't have a reason to oppose it.

Ecnerwal

Smash Rookie
Do you happen to have a link to the Floating Island stage? I have been looking around for it and cant seem to find it.
Edit: Thanks found it!

Last edited:

Ecnerwal

Smash Rookie
So I guess I found the Floating Island version with no platforms. Do you happen to have a link to the one with platforms? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.

Top Bottom