• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Calabrel's v2.6b custom build.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Here it is guys, sorry for the wait!

So far I do not have a build that includes the character textures, please post below if that's something you're interested in, and if there is enough support I'll include a version with them at a later time.

This version of my stage build is 2.6b compatible and has more songs and competitive friendly stages than ever. You should notice some stages return, a few from other areas, and also stages never seen before. Enjoy!

I took a much more professional approach to this build, learning more about where certain things are stored in Brawl files in order to match my build more appropriately. With that said, I wish each stage loaded from its own "logo" as you'll notice some of them off, sorry can't be helped (that I know of). You'll notice there aren't any stage portraits that reflect the old PM stage roster, unless where appropriate (there is one example where this isn't true, but I'm not telling which, you'll have to find out which yourself :p). Anyhow, the reason I point this out is that if you want to extract just parts of my build like you could before, it will not be as easily done. Read on below in the instructions for details.

Most stages that aren't replaced are due to me not finding, what I feel to be, a suitable or aesthetically pleasing texture that replaced it. Temple being the one glaring example as I haven't really found another custom stage I like to replace it. Any suggestions? Keep in mind it doesn't actually have to be made to replace temple, almost any stage, regardless of what it was made for, can replace any other stage.

Last but not least, even though I am a PMBR member, this build does in no way reflect anything to do with PMBR, it's my own personal thing and they had little to no involvement with the project.

So I'm sure you're tired of reading my ramblings, you came here for the download right? Here are your instructions, enjoy!

[collapse=Installation instructions]
Installation instructions for the base build with no character textures:

• Download the v2.6b hackless nowifi zip file
    Drag and drop the contents of the Calabrel's_2.6b_hackless_nowifi.zip file onto a 2GB SD card. Due to the size a 2GB SD card will be required.
    Please be aware that this will not have custom character textures. If you want the custom character textures, please demand that I add them in by posting below. :p

Instructions if you just want to use my custom music on the original Project M 2.6b build:
This is one such example as I explained above. If you want to copy my music and don't know how to edit your own files in Brawl Box then may I suggest the following instructions to you. Keep in mind this will not display the names of the songs in the "my music" section of options.

• Download the v2.6b hackless nowifi zip file
    On your Project: M SD card, go to \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\
    Delete the "sound" and "info2" folders.
    Open the Calabrel's_2.6b_hackless_nowifi.zip file you downloaded and go to \private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\
    Replace the deleted "sound" and "info2" folders on your SD card with the three folders of the same name from my custom build.
    Defrag your SD card to ensure no errors due to fragmented files, once finished safely remove and enjoy!
[/collapse]

[collapse=Stages and Music]

[collapse=Battlefield]
Between The Clouds Battlefield

Music (Click name to listen to the song)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Final Destination]
Astral Phazon Final Destination Retextured for 2.6b stage physics.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Delphino Plaza]
Mario Grass Land (Complete Stage List Version)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dracula's Castle]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Metal Cavern]
HD Metal Cavern

• A01 Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
    A16 Ground Theme 2 (Super Mario Bros.) - Donkey Kong Country 2: Journey Through the Mines, OC ReMix
    A10 Gritzy Desert - Wizball: Transformation, OC ReMix
    A02 Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - None
    A03 Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.) - Zombies Ate My Neighbors: Neighburgers, OC ReMix
    A04 Underground Theme (Super Mario Land) - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Mario Circuit]
Bowser's Castle (now lagless)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rumble Falls]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Hyrule Castle]
Balanced Hyrule Castle

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pirate Ship]
Floating Island with platforms

[/collapse]

[collapse=Norfair]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Frigate Orpheon]
Frigate Orpheon 2nd transformation

[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi's Island (Brawl)]
River Island Retextured for 2.6b stage physics.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Halberd]
Daytime Halberd

• F06 Meta Knight's Revenge - None
    F01 The Legendary Air Ride Machine - None
    F05 Gourmet Race - Flowering Night (SWR)
    F04 Butter Building - None
    F02 King Dedede's Theme - None
    F12 Squeak Squad Theme - 0^2 (Zero-Two Remix)
    F07 Vs. Marx - None
    F08 0² Battle - None
    F03 Boss Theme Medley - None
    F10 Checker Knights - None
    F09 Forest / Nature Area - None
    F11 Frozen Hillside - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Lylat Cruise]
Stage is unchanged.

• G10 Space Armada - Starfox: Godspeed, OC ReMix
    G02 Corneria - Starfox: Clan McCloud, OC ReMix
    G01 Main Theme (Star Fox) - None
    G03 Main Theme (Star Fox 64) - None
    G04 Area 6 - None
    G11 Area 6 Ver. 2 - None
    G05 Star Wolf - None
    G09 Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault) - None
    G07 Space Battleground - None
    G08 Break Through the Ice - None
    Q12 Tunnel Scene (X) - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokémon Stadium 2]
Project M Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Saffron City]
GetAmped 2 Rooftop Court (Complete Stage List Version)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Port Town Aero Drive]
Studio 54 (custom made)
Based roughly off this stage.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Castle Siege]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Warioware]
Temple Of Time

[/collapse]

[collapse=SSE Jungle]
2.6 Torvus Bog

[/collapse]

[collapse=Smashville]
Oceanville

[/collapse]

[collapse=Fourside]
Fourside Project M (w/moving platform)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Summit]
Summit Project M

[/collapse]

[collapse=Skyworld]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Kongo Jungle]
Rebalanced Kongo Jungle 64

[/collapse]

[collapse=Fountain of Dreams]
Fountain of Fantasy

[/collapse]

[collapse=Flat Zone 2]
Green Hill Zone 2.5 (w/moving top platform)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Pictochat]
KC MM's Grand Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Shadow Moses Island]
Mushroom Kingdom Project M

[/collapse]

[collapse=Green Hill Zone]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Temple]
Stage is unchanged.

• C03 Great Temple / Temple - None
    W24 Temple (Melee) - None
[/collapse]

[collapse=Yoshi's Island (Melee)]
Shadow bug Yoshi's Story

[/collapse]

[collapse=Jungle Japes]
Nighttime Japes

[/collapse]

[collapse=Onett]
Mewtwo Stadium

[/collapse]

[collapse=Corneria]
Green Greens SD Remix

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rainbow Cruise]
Wario Land Rice Beach (Complete Stage List Version)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Dreamland 64]
Stage is unchanged.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Big Blue]
Ancient Battlefield

[/collapse]

[collapse=Brinstar]
Chibi-Robo 2013

Music (Click name to listen to a song)
[/collapse]

[collapse=Pokémon Stadium]
Midair Pokémon Stadium (no screen monitor)

[/collapse]

[collapse=Menu Music]
[/collapse]

[/collapse]

A lot of issues can be resolved by defragging your SD card. Here's a tutorial on how to defrag a drive in windows. Just substitute hard drive with your SD card, it works exactly the same.

Please respond to this thread if you have any questions.

Disclaimer: All of the character/stage textures have been created by various users at Brawl Vault or Smashmods, thank you for your awesome work guys.

Special thanks to my good friend, DarkP0tat0 for helping with portraits. Also SOJ and Mewtwo2000 for helping with stage-related things. And most of all: You guys, for your kind words that motivate me to do what I do. The overwhelming positive response to my previous build made this build and future builds inevitable. Thank you guys so much.

Darth Shard

Dark Lord of the Smash Bros.
Thanks for all of your hard work! You've redefined the word "quality" when it comes to custom builds.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
This is a great build. I won't be keeping it, but the music selection will definitely be at least partially moved over into my own.

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Is Oceanville also updated for 2.6b? Cause Last I checked the guy who made it hadn't updated it yet.

DMoogle

A$
I'm pretty new to Project M, but I love it so far, and your videos are fantastic. I'd like to try out your custom build, but I have a Wii with Homebrew, so I've been using that version. What do I need to do to use your build?

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
DMoogle, all you need is a 2GB SD card and because you use Homebrew you just have to do one added step, check the OP for Installation Instructions for details on how to get my build onto your SD card.

Then, get the Homebrew version of Project M v2.6, you probably already have it, there's one folder you need on it. It's called "apps". Simply copy the apps folder on your card and now it's ready for Homebrew.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Your build has made me want to upload my own build, not sure where to begin on that front.

You had plenty of goodies in this pack that I hadn't seen before, and I'm not ashamed to say that I took some of them for my own build, though there's still enough stuff there of my own. Thanks for the musical options though, so many good songs in there from sources I hadn't thought about, even if I did mix and match them with different stages.

AFROofJUSTICE

Smash Cadet
This is a cool build! It is especially good for competitive players since you can choose random and you don't have to do any stage counters. Not bad music either.

I have a random question though. I notice on your youtube videos that after each match, different menu music plays. How do you make it do that?

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Is it possible that I can get just some of the stages with the appropriate stage select changes? I have all the music I want already and don't really have any interest in character textures. If it's not then that's ok.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I like the Floating Island With Platforms now having platforms. haha
I'm sure you know, but might want to note that the links you put individually for Wario Land Rice Beach + Mario World Grassland are different than what you have in the pack. (you kind of have it noted, but it doesn't really say that the links are different than what you said)

Good stuff!

Edit: Didn't listen to the music, but that seems hype. To to see a pack with that.

Squartle

Smash Apprentice
I need help!

I'm stealing some of the things from this build to incorporate into my own... one of those things is the Frigate Orpheon stage. And I can't get it to work!

I lifted the STGORPHEON.pac directly from your build, as well as the st_orpheon.rel in the module folder, but I spawn in midair and immediately die. What am I doing wrong?

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
I had that happen to me before, Squartle, I'm not sure exactly what caused it. I would try deleting both the .pac and .rel files and then put them back on your card, do a defrag then try it again.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Hmm, before you released your new pack, I tried replacing some stages over rainbow cruise but always ended up as a black stage with one floating carpet and invisible platforms; its not an issue anymore because I always play using your pack; just wanted to know cause it seemed really weird

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hmm, before you released your new pack, I tried replacing some stages over rainbow cruise but always ended up as a black stage with one floating carpet and invisible platforms; its not an issue anymore because I always play using your pack; just wanted to know cause it seemed really weird
It's probably because the .rel module wasn't accurate to the stage you were trying to put in. I had the same thing happen to me for some time until I managed to get a better .rel for it.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Hey, Calabrel. Thanks a ton for the build. Your stages are great. I just have one issue: the menu music. I replaced the sound folder with my own brstm files, and I replaced the info2 folder with my own. The logo screen and the screen where you pick brawl, single player, vault, etc play my menu music. But your menu music starts up once I'm at the CSS. Also, my music is the only music that plays on stages as well. As far as I know, your brstm files are gone. But that menu music just keeps coming up. How do I fix this?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Hey, Calabrel. Thanks a ton for the build. Your stages are great. I just have one issue: the menu music. I replaced the sound folder with my own brstm files, and I replaced the info2 folder with my own. The logo screen and the screen where you pick brawl, single player, vault, etc play my menu music. But your menu music starts up once I'm at the CSS. Also, my music is the only music that plays on stages as well. As far as I know, your brstm files are gone. But that menu music just keeps coming up. How do I fix this?
If his music is playing, odds are you still have the BRSTMs in those specific places. X02, X03, W30, and X01 are all Menu Themes. If you have any of these from Calabrel's pack still there, then you will hear his. Check "My Music" to listen to your menu themes directly, then find out which of them is the wrong song.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Just checked the menu songs "My Music," and the only custom song there is my menu brstm. None of Cala's songs play in My Music. I also just checked my SD card, and the only menu brstm I have is X03 which is my menu music. I'm telling you, I deleted Cala's sound folder and replaced it with my own. I'm really confused :c

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If you're still having problems, the best thing to do would be to completely delete everything off your SD card after backing it up, and then putting everything back when it's clean. Sometimes things get weird when you copy/replace stuff instead of just move it.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
If you look at the songs Cala has for Castle Siege, you'll see that he has his 4 menu songs as J09-J12 with "Duplicate for CSS Cycler." I think that's where my problem lies. I have no idea what a CSS Cycler is.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
If you look at the songs Cala has for Castle Siege, you'll see that he has his 4 menu songs as J09-J12 with "Duplicate for CSS Cycler." I think that's where my problem lies. I have no idea what a CSS Cycler is.
I already had my own songs for Castle Siege, so I didn't end up using any of his. Curious what CSS Cycler is though. I'll have to look into it.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I was trying out this build earlier today, which happened to be my first time using SSBB mods outside vanilla P:M. I quite enjoyed the stage variety and song choices; I appreciate the time you took coordinating this mod pack. Thanks, Calabrel!

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
This touches on the issue you're having. CSS song cycler is a custom code I have added to the Project M codeset that will cycle through a defined list of songs for the CSS. I have defined that list as J09-J12. If you want your own music to play on the CSS using my codeset, you need to replace songs J09-J12.

Konkichi

Smash Rookie
This touches on the issue you're having. CSS song cycler is a custom code I have added to the Project M codeset that will cycle through a defined list of songs for the CSS. I have defined that list as J09-J12. If you want your own music to play on the CSS using my codeset, you need to replace songs J09-J12.

Is there a way to remove what you added to the Project M codeset?

Wrestlemania

The Steel Chair
Better question could you post the code so people could either remove it or add it as I would really like to add it.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
Big thanks. Also, just so you know, the Mewtwo Stadium stage was updated on Brawl Vault. I replaced the pac and rel files, but it doesn't seem to work.

br8k

Coolkid
I tracked down the "Final Battle vs Red" from Pokemon Stadium since it's both awesome and hard to find the source of.

So here's the source. There are a bunch of other cool metal Nintendo remixes on that same page that you could consider adding to your custom build, particularly the Battle With Marx and Breaking Into The Castle (which is a Bowser's Castle mix) and maaaybe Boss Battle in AreaVI. I may just end up making BRSTMs of them and posting them here.

Oh yeah and this pack is awesome I'm a big fan of both the music and the stages. Except the GetAmped 2 Rooftop Court because my gosh what even is going on

Scarflame

Smash Rookie
So, I know this has probably already been answered but I can't seem to find a solution: Do I have to do anything special if I'm using homebrew?

Scarflame

Smash Rookie
Nevermind, I got it. Is there anyway to reduce the size of the brstms? I can't fit them all, I need like 158 mb more or something

ZacTASTIC

Smash Apprentice
Add some textures!
I love the textures from your last pack. Any way to import those into this one without opening each fighter folder and copying all but the fitfighter.pac?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Is there anyway to reduce the size of the brstms? I can't fit them all, I need like 158 mb more or something

No. Only way to compress brstms is to reconvert the original audio file at a lower quality/volume.

Nguz95

Smash Lord
Hey Cala, gerat build. I'm going to put almost all of your stages on. I have a quick question though: how large are the boundaries on the custom stages? Some of them, like the one over Shadow Moses Island, look huge in your vids.

Top Bottom