• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Phonz

Smash Cadet
How do u shield drop because I've done it multiple times by accident lol, but I then attempt to do it doing I don't know what and it doesn't work :upsidedown:

gravy

Smash Ace
There are multiple ways. One is to tilt your shield all the way forward and roll around the rim to exactly 45 degrees, another way is to make the same motion as you would make to crouch on a platform, choosing either to go straight down or at 45 degrees, and another way is to make a rotation through the area halfway to the brim, being careful not to go past halfway.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Yo Hax

You had some rough sets at Zenith, but even though you didn't look too happy with some of your performances, you still placed really, REALLY well. The set against PP was heart-breaking, Falco is pretty dumb lol. I've seen s2j utilize nair from platforms diagonally across the stage to try to catch Falco's slipping (it's only beaten by utilt or a very pre-emptive bair from what I can tell). I dunno, Falco's a dumb character to fight for sure but I think you missed some crucial things in your set and I'm confident you can do better next time.

Your set with Abate was kinda stupid lol. ****ing misfire hax lol. On another note, did you get your name from the pokemon term "hax"?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
hax is a general video gaming term that existed before competitive pokemon
True, but I also remember Hax talked about being a pretty competitive Pokemon player at one point, which is why I would sometimes think Hax got his name from Pokemon.

Hax

Smash Champion
some awful real life **** that ended up being a complete misunderstanding + has now been resolved went down saturday night after i won Zenith teams. i was on the phone from 10:00pm saturday night to 5:30am sunday morning and could only sleep for 2 hours. thought a good friend did me dirty as hell when he didn't at all. it ruined my entire weekend though and i didn't get to chill saturday night/didn't want to be there sunday. this is why a lot of my matches in singles might've seemed uninspired

I still managed to get it together somewhat and do decent vs PP; I just didn't finish enough combos/edgeguards imo. though he definitely wasn't playing his best this weekend, either

highlight of the tournament was winning teams. when we play well, Mew2King is the best teammate i've ever had

i'll tell you the story about my name. it's extremely gay/******** lmao. when I was 9 or 10 years old my parents gave me permission to play online computer games where you interact with other people. the game they gave me permission to play was NetBattle, a Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald client. I wanted to have the most badass screenname possible, so I chose ZeroHackerX. I thought I was the **** with that name LMAO. eventually I realized how noob of a name it was. I started by dropping the X and for a long while I went by ZeroHacker. which was still extremely noob lol. maybe 2 years later I made it ZeroHax, which is still my AIM screenname that I haven't used in years. "Hax" was indeed a reference to the term used in Pokemon. when I started Smash in 2005, I decided to just go with Hax.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Sorry to hear that this misunderstanding negatively impacted your gameplay, but very glad to hear that it was just a misunderstanding in the end and it was resolved. Definitely looking forward to your performance at EVO.

Also, lmao that's a funny story behind your name, but come on man, ZeroHackerX isn't THAT bad...
I mean...
Come on...
Mew2king? Really? :p

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
if we're working on the assumption that we hit with the 3rd hit of gentleman at a percent where it would knock down a non crouch canceling spacey, will it push a crouch cancelling space animal far enough that they won't be able to punish?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Thanks!
I'm in the group, but I don't have a car right now and I don't really use the bus often, so it's difficult to get to most of them. Especially because I live in the north bay(Petaluma) and most of the smash happens a little further south. Plus, it's a little intimidating because it seems like everyone knows each other and it can be hard to join in the dialogue.

There is an EVO ranbat that I'd like to attend in Oakland tomorrow though. Still finding a way to get there. My friends play with me, but we play exclusively Project M and they aren't into the tourney scene as much.

understandable but you gotta just throw yourself into the mix

edit: do you play with anyone around you right now? if not shoot me a pm and i'll try to get you in contact with people around that area

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
You have to mix up gentleman with jab-jab-grab and jab-jab-aerial to avoid getting abused by spacies' crouch canceling. SS does this really well.

Hax

Smash Champion
im showing up to nintendo world in the middle of the night with a bag of rocks and a ski mask if falcons not in smash 4

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
i feel like i'm in the promised land here in norcal. i've been to 3 tournaments in less than a month that were 34, 30ish, and 73 entrants. I had to drive less than an hour to get to each of them. When I was in Champaign, I had to drive 2 hours minimum to get to locals except for SMYM once a year.
MM me when I visit Norcal?!

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
Hey, question for hax and any other falcons who have a sick uair game...
I have a lot of trouble landing shffled uairs. I also don't really kno how to use them. I need some really in depth advice, I have practiced it a lot with the c stick and have not made progress. What buttons/ sticks do u guys use for the uair, do you guys jab or use the c stick like a stick, and could I get some advice on how to use this thing?

Ima newbie falcon player btw, only have about 3-4 months of playing with him. I only play against my brother, who plays a pretty bad sheik, but still ***** me with her anyways, you all kno why. Any strong advice, how should I be applying uairs against her and what grabs should I use on her?

Thanks again, I hope u guys can help me out

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
"Falcons Uair is the best Anti-air move in the game" Hax$
Also when you shield drop the angle doesn't ****ing matter. You just press down.
Hax has inspired me so much at Zentih. New Falcon main (ok maybe just friendly main)
Year of the Falcon.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
This is one of the best options in my opinion against LHDL falcos.

This is the counter vs high lasers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooHf5pjMAKQ&t=0m58s

it looked a bit too me like faab was going to miss the second laser
if that's just me being over-paranoid though, then wow
NOTE taken

also, dash attack doraki + DJ -FAWCON PUNCH- is necessary, i assume

btw, random question i thought of
what would you guys do to cover tech options if the opponent is on the ground under a platform and ur above the platform?

play around with whether its the side platform on YS, BF, DL, or PS(neutral) and give me ur thoughts
tech in place/getup attack should be simple to cover, but i think i flub covering those tech rolls too much.

ZeroHackerX

Smash Rookie

gravy

Smash Ace
I'm actually super good at shield dropping now, and in my opinion the angle does matter, just because going down at 45 makes you less likely to spotdodge, and consistency is the most important thing you can strive for with it. But seriously, I've practiced it for about 400 hours I'd say and it's still not completely mastered.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
btw, random question i thought of
what would you guys do to cover tech options if the opponent is on the ground under a platform and ur above the platform?

play around with whether its the side platform on YS, BF, DL, or PS(neutral) and give me ur thoughts
tech in place/getup attack should be simple to cover, but i think i flub covering those tech rolls too much.

Totally didn't see this lol. what I'd prolly do is dash dance around on the platform until they start doing something then shield drop into an aerial/grab if I think I'll be late.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Totally didn't see this lol. what I'd prolly do is dash dance around on the platform until they start doing something then shield drop into an aerial/grab if I think I'll be late.

interesting idea to use the shield drop to cancel ur DD into aerial/grab
have you had notable success with this before?

regardless, i'll probably still try it out when i get time haha

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
interesting idea to use the shield drop to cancel ur DD into aerial/grab
have you had notable success with this before?

regardless, i'll probably still try it out when i get time haha

I should point out that when I say shield drop I mean the angled shield method (shai dropping) and yeah actually, as far as I can tell it's the fastest way to cover someone below you. You can also do first hit nairs -> whatever you feel like

Top Bottom