• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wasn't that not the same source as the rest? Either way I don't think it's a red flag.
It's not a red flag, but it makes me wary as heck.

Either way, I still don't reccomend taking a leaker's words as gospel, even if it's someone who's gotten stuff right like Verg.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Inciniroar is so lucky after hearing that Decidueye Lycanroc and Mimikyu wont be newcomers gen 7 its ok my Pokemon is Inciniroar.
I wouldn't get my expectations up high here. The people informing us about these "leaks" could be straight up lying, so I'm not gonna believe anything until I see it.

On the other hand, I'm joining this support for Incieroar! There's no reason we can't have a wrestling type character yet and I'm surprised we haven't gotten one. Time for Incineroar to show how that is done.

And the possibility of fights are endless here. I can easily see Incineroar fighting Little Mac or Dedede on who is better in the ring

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And that's not mentionning that while Verg has gotten stuff right in the past, he's also gotten stuff wrong.

Putting all your trust on what is ultimately a wild card isn't exactly the best decision.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
And that's not mentionning that while Verg has gotten stuff right in the past, he's also gotten stuff wrong.

Putting all your trust on what is ultimately a wild card isn't exactly the best decision.
Exactly! It's a gamble whether to trust him or not. This Direct with the information he has "leaked" will determine whether his information is correct or just wanting his fifteen minutes of fame

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Leak or no, it's no secret that Game Freak does like promoting Incineroar, so it's not like its a longshot for it to make it in.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Leak or no, it's no secret that Game Freak does like promoting Incineroar, so it's not like its a longshot for it to make it in.
Thats true I didn't notice until I want Incineroar to be in smash over Decidueye and its the truth like at the sun and moon anime.

Last edited:

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
Definitely a supporter! It would be cool to have Charizard vs. Incineroar battles.

Klimax

Smash Ace
Can you add me to the supporters' list @GoldenYuiitusin please ? I definitely wanna show more support to Incineroar.

He's now my third most wanted newcomer. As a huge wrestling fan, seeing him giving lariats in the Punch Out stage would be awesome !

And by the way, i think he's the most likely 7th Gen Pokemon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just popping in to say I support Incineroar.
He was my starter in Sun and Moon, and while i'm fine with any Gen 7 Fighter, he would be my favorite. I think he's got one of the better chances too.
So yeah, put me on that list if you wanna.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
As each day goes by, I see people warming up more and more to 'Roar. I hope when more future Pokemon generations come, it'll be in the group of beloved Pokemon.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
As a Wrestling fan and a loyal Fire starter user, allow me to join the cause :) Incineroar is my nº1 most wanted newcomer and probably the only character I'd be truly disapointed to not see as a playable character in Smash Bros.

Bluekirby2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bluekirby2
Incineroar is my favorite Pokemon in gen 7 and as of right now my second favorite Pokemon. If he's playable that'd be a Pokemon from my top 10 that's playable

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
Put me on the list. This is the closest thing we could get to a "villain" character from Pokemon.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I think Incineroar is for sure going to be the Gen 7 Pokemon we get. He's also the one I picked, so that'd be real cool

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is arguable, but in the context of Smash, Melee did have it alongside Bowser and Ganondorf in villain event match.

I really like the idea of Incineroar using bulk up as a way to buff himself. That's a cool unique move/ ability that no other Pokemon character has in Smash. I could see it being like Wii Fit Trainer's down b but without having to time it. I want Incineroar to be a BEAST if he get's in. I want him to feel quite powerful. Not OP just make you feel cool when playing him.

Incineroar vs Little Mac vs King K. Rool vs Ryu on Boxing Ring

Dream matchup, right there.
Don't forget Pika Libre too! :)

Last edited:

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
I really like the idea of Incineroar using bulk up as a way to buff himself. That's a cool unique move/ ability that no other Pokemon character has in Smash. I could see it being like Wii Fit Trainer's down b but without having to time it. I want Incineroar to be a BEAST if he get's in. I want him to feel quite powerful. Not OP just make you feel cool when playing him.

Don't forget Pika Libre too! :)
To make that move not OP (cause lets face it, buffs on demand is an extremely powerful tool) it would require some sort of resource to use., or at least some sort limited lasting effect with some sort of cooldown.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
What is the reason people want Incineroar? For me it was his personality, charm, pelvic thrusts and his wrestling moves... sounded better in my head *clears throat* moving on. What was the reason for everyone else? Are they the same as mine?

D

Deleted member

Roughly around the same.
He just "screams" Smash to me by design alone.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm mainly interested in seeing a grappler archetype finally be fully implemented in a Smash game. Could make for some really unique stuff.

Helps that Incineroar is awesome. :p

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I support. Incineroar has always been my favorite of the gen 7 starters, and so i'm pretty happy that his chances are looking good.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
How would a grapper type character work in Smash?
Aside from the obvious "he's gonna have command grabs", there's a few things that need to be considered for how a true grappler like Incineroar would work.

For starters, Incineroar's mobility would take a hit for the sake of balance. Not saying he'd be the slowest, just slow enough so that moving around the stage becomes a problem. Because if a grappler ends up as mobile as Diddy or Sheik, it's gonna be horribly unbalanced. Alternatively, his frame data would take the hit while his mobility gets to be decent due to movement mattering so much in a platform fighter. Either way, you can't use him as a rushdown.

Then, his combo game would be minimal. Some bread and butter stuff, maybe a few things that can be followed up by a grab to showcase that grapplers are all about grabs too? Though with a lower combo ability comes the ability to hit like a truck to compensate, especially the grabs. This, much like the above, is to avoid having a grappler used aggressively since this archetype is usually more about patience.

And also, the grabs themselves. Basically, Incineroar could have a few command grabs in his specials. He would probably lack a combo throw (and if he does have one, it's going to be a very basic "bread and butter" thing), but his throws, including the normal ones, would deal a good chunk of damage and knockback. They would likely be his most reliable kill moves and ways to rack up damage too since grabs are the best thing for a grappler.

tl;dr a grappler would likely have these things in Smash
  • Either low mobility or poor frame data to avoid aggressive playstyles and encourage a more patient, bait-and-punish approach.
  • Poor combo ability, but high damage output in general to once again discourage an aggressive playstyle.
  • A set of powerful, highly-damaging throws and command grabs as his most reliable ways to rack up damage and get KOs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom