• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brinstar Is One Of Diddy Kong's Best Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.J.

Smash Master
Says the person completely missing the point.

You said the ACID (seriously, it's not lava) will cause Marth to jump.
As a result, there is acid below Marth.
You also said that Marth is at a disadvantage while a character is under him.

So fair, this is all true. Now then, the part you're somehow missing.

If the acid is making Marth jump, because it is covering the stage BELOW him, how on earth is another character going to be under him? Does Diddy have some magical forcefield where acid doesn't hurt him?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Says the person completely missing the point.

You said the ACID (seriously, it's not lava) will cause Marth to jump.
As a result, there is acid below Marth.
You also said that Marth is at a disadvantage while a character is under him.

So fair, this is all true. Now then, the part you're somehow missing.

If the acid is making Marth jump, because it is covering the stage BELOW him, how on earth is another character going to be under him? Does Diddy have some magical forcefield where acid doesn't hurt him?
One player has to jump first. If Marth jumps first, he is put at a disadvantage. If Diddy jumps first, he is also put at a disadvantage. If Diddy is holding a banana, he is not put in as bad a situation as Marth gets put into when they are both above opponent. Both characters are hurt by the acid and Diddy Kong gains from the stage's design.

C.J.

Smash Master
Diddy has a faster rise speed (iirc) and Marth has significantly better aerial mobility. Marth jumping first isn't a big deal. He just has to jump away while retreating w/ nair and Diddy can't hit him (nair > fair and sideB).

If Diddy is holding a banana, sure, it mitigates some weaknesses... but ditto Marth holding a banana.

POINT IS, acid forcing a character to jump ~= being put into a bad situation being over the other character like your post originally implied which is what his comment was about.

Also, Marth gains a lot more from the stage's design than every character in the game other than MK, Wario, and G&W.

*leaves

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
All anyone has to prove that this is a better stage for Marth than it is for Diddy in this MU is a match from 2009. Right now I don't have any videos up but I'll try to see if I can play some Marths and get the Matches recorded

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
One player has to jump first. If Marth jumps first, he is put at a disadvantage. If Diddy jumps first, he is also put at a disadvantage. If Diddy is holding a banana, he is not put in as bad a situation as Marth gets put into when they are both above opponent. Both characters are hurt by the acid and Diddy Kong gains from the stage's design.
Someone please break his keyboard and switch his internet to dial-up.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Why the hell are a bunch of scrubs that suck with both characters and pretty much the whole cast flamming Jebus? xI

He's dumb for making this since every diddy agrees Brins is ****ing gay but reading through this it's not as if you guys sound like you know any better :I

Diddy beats Marf everywhere that isn't BF or Lylat and on those stages it's 45-55 Marf's favor I:

And @ Marf mains overrating their character, suggmadigg noobs :B

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
the sad part is you all thought Jebus would actually test it. lol. Every1 in here aside Choco and I fail in this thread. Oh and Shaya. He didnt really hype marth up. Just spoke some truth.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I think that Marth is better in Brinstar.
Jebus, you should get that video vs a decent Marth to see your point.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
Jebus, you're dumb and I hate you SO much. stop making troll discussions, but this probably isn't a troll discussion for you because you're bad and don't know anything about this game.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I was just trying to be nice. That was a piece of **** tech that never even got used

tibs7

Smash Champion
shaya that was a terrible terrible vid ahhaaha

ill beat you on it now for sure.
but um yeah defs a better stage for marf noob :)

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
LOL i love player 1. the point of that thread was that PEOPLE WHO NAME NEAR-USELESS TECHS AFTER THEMSELVES ARE HUGE DOUCHEBAGS.

Also, people don't troll Jebus. they put him in his place. How can you main diddy THIS long and still be THIS clueless to EVERYTHING. AGHGHGHGASFUWEUGFAWIHN

Diddy is good on stages with even surfaces. Marth is good on stages with even/many uneven surfaces (adaptable). BF is good for diddy as well as marth. not really a good counterpick for marth in that matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom