• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yeah. But a character like Motaro is more trouble than he's worth. Then again, he comes (komes?) from a realistic, and ultraviolent franchise.

I think we better get back on topic before it gets outta hand. Sorry for getting off topic.
I barely have any knowledge of Mortal Kombat, though I know it is a well-made series, so I wouldn't have been posting here if that kept going on.

I think we've covered the ICies a lot...not much more to talk about other than custom moves. Any ideas on that?

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I barely have any knowledge of Mortal Kombat, though I know it is a well-made series, so I wouldn't have been posting here if that kept going on.

I think we've covered the ICies a lot...not much more to talk about other than custom moves. Any ideas on that?
Well, only one I can think of is giving their Blizzard move a longer range.

Also, any idea of what their Final Smash could be (if they change it)?

Laniv

Smash Champion
Well, only one I can think of is giving their Blizzard move a longer range.

Also, any idea of what their Final Smash could be (if they change it)?
Summon Condor and Polar Bear. Condor picks them up and they ride away, while Polar Bear stomps on the stage, moving the camera up and KOing anyone left on the bottom.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Summon Condor and Polar Bear. Condor picks them up and they ride away, while Polar Bear stomps on the stage, moving the camera up and KOing anyone left on the bottom.
Would that include the Ice Climbers if they are left at the bottom?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Strange that these guys haven't been announced yet, considering that ever since Melee, they've been one of the first characters to be announced...also, they've never been secret characters.
I doubt that's going to change this time....
Things aren't looking too bright for this dynamic duo.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
The Condor would pick them up and fly away with them at the beginning.
Ah. That could work.

Strange that these guys haven't been announced yet, considering that ever since Melee, they've been one of the first characters to be announced...also, they've never been secret characters.
I still don't think it's time to worry right now. Heck, we're not even sure that secret characters are even a thing (unless I haven't heard otherwise). And even if it is, there is still the chance they will be one of them. I think they might be waiting to announce them near the game's release, to keep the hype up. But, I could be (and probably will be) wrong. (About the ICies being announced near game's release, not about them being confirmed or not. They're coming back, no doubt in my mind)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Ah. That could work.

I still don't think it's time to worry right now. Heck, we're not even sure that secret characters are even a thing (unless I haven't heard otherwise). And even if it is, there is still the chance they will be one of them. I think they might be waiting to announce them near the game's release, to keep the hype up. But, I could be (and probably will be) wrong. (About the ICies being announced near game's release, not about them being confirmed or not. They're coming back, no doubt in my mind)
It's just that they're not exactly as "hype inducing" as characters like Captain Falcon, Lucina, Robin, Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool. Smash 4 is nearing it's releases, and I believe Sakurai is saving the "best hype characters" for last.
I honestly wish they would of been announced early due to this...

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It's just that they're not exactly as "hype inducing" as characters like Captain Falcon, Lucina, Robin, Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool. Smash 4 is nearing it's releases, and I believe Sakurai is saving the "best hype characters" for last.
I honestly wish they would of been announced early due to this...
Actually, I'm thinking just the opposite. Take a look at the unconfirmed veterans from Brawl for a moment: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Wario, Pokémon Trainer (though unlikely), Jigglypuff, Ness, Lucas, and Snake (also unlikely). Only about 3 or 4 of these could be hype characters, those being (in my opinion) Ganondorf, G&W, Falco, and Ness. The rest add to the hype, but are not as hyped as the 4 listed above. Then, we could also add in the return of Mewtwo (I think he will come back) which would EXPLODE the hype levels. But we also have 8 unconfirmed veterans from Brawl who are not as hyped. I'm thinking that the hyped characters will be confirmed throughout the next few weeks and/or months, with the less hyped characters being confirmed in between, to keep things steady. That said, I think our next reveal could be Falco or Game and Watch, and then the Ice Climbers and/or another not-as-hyped character before them, and then they shall be announced. Any thoughts?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Actually, I'm thinking just the opposite. Take a look at the unconfirmed veterans from Brawl for a moment: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B., Falco, Wolf, Ganondorf, Wario, Pokémon Trainer (though unlikely), Jigglypuff, Ness, Lucas, and Snake (also unlikely). Only about 3 or 4 of these could be hype characters, those being (in my opinion) Ganondorf, G&W, Falco, and Ness. The rest add to the hype, but are not as hyped as the 4 listed above. Then, we could also add in the return of Mewtwo (I think he will come back) which would EXPLODE the hype levels. But we also have 8 unconfirmed veterans from Brawl who are not as hyped. I'm thinking that the hyped characters will be confirmed throughout the next few weeks and/or months, with the less hyped characters being confirmed in between, to keep things steady. That said, I think our next reveal could be Falco or Game and Watch, and then the Ice Climbers and/or another not-as-hyped character before them, and then they shall be announced. Any thoughts?
Hard to say, honestly.
I personally would love a direct that gave us all the remaining characters in one go....
Or at least, most of them.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hard to say, honestly.
I personally would love a direct that gave us all the remaining characters in one go....
Or at least, most of them.
That would be VERY appreciated by the Smash community.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that the IC's will be leaving. Sakurai really loves them so much. He also wants to keep us in suspense for them (much like the whole Ridley thing).

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I doubt that the IC's will be leaving. Sakurai really loves them so much. He also wants to keep us in suspense for them (much like the whole Ridley thing).
I hope Sakurai is reading this...I DON'T WANT SUSPENSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE ICE CLIMBERS, G&W, OR R.O.B.!

Also, I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, if you have other opinions, but I really don't think Ridley is going to be playable. Maybe next time, but not now.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I hope Sakurai is reading this...I DON'T WANT SUSPENSE WHEN IT COMES TO THE ICE CLIMBERS, G&W, OR R.O.B.!

Also, I'm sorry to disappoint you guys, if you have other opinions, but I really don't think Ridley is going to be playable. Maybe next time, but not now.
Well, from what I can tell, Mr. G&W and R.O.B. will most likely be unlockable again. Ice Climbers I's sure will be default characters again.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Well, from what I can tell, Mr. G&W and R.O.B. will most likely be unlockable again. Ice Climbers I's sure will be default characters again.
I'm thinking the same here.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
We don't know Snake is gone yet.
That's true, there's still a chance for Snake to return, but Pokémon Trainer is gone. I don't think Sakurai would just come out and say "The Ice Climbers aren't in the game." or "This character is not returning." Though he did this in the Smash Direct with Zero Suit Samus, it was a joke. I think he's just waiting for the right time to announce the other veterans and newcomers in the cast.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Yes but we are dealing with Sakurai. They're probably in as starters, but there is a slight possibility they're unlockable this time around, but like BluePikmin said, it wouldn't make much sense.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
What it the Ice Climbers are revealed this week since Reggie is doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? That would be pretty funny.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What it the Ice Climbers are revealed this week since Reggie is doing the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge? That would be pretty funny.
If Reggie wears a Popo Costume when doing it I am going to laugh so hard.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I agree full-heartedly that this is a fake. This game wouldn't even be HALF complete if the Ice Climbers weren't in the game.

The proof that this 'leak' is a fake is simple:
1: Duck Hunt Dog, one of the most HATED characters in video gaming.
2: Dr. Mario taking priority over the other (more important) cut Melee vets Mewtwo and Roy :mewtwomelee::roymelee: is also dubious, and was deliberately chosen because of Sakurai's "If a character plays differently, I give them a slot on the roster" quote, just to try and make it more authentic.
3: It was posted on 4chan, the hell of the internet. It's disproved already.
4: In the supposed picture of Lucina and Shulk, I CAN SEE THAT LUCINA IS IN THE SAME POSE FROM THE ROBIN TRAILER.
5: The other picture 'depicting' 'Shulk' is just a hacked Snake.:snake: How can I not forget Snake's 1-2-Kick jab? It was too obvious.
6: Wario's left pupil is missing, and Mr. Game & Watch is clipping into the character portrait.
7: Other people have noted this, but there are no Mii Fighters, and the names of each fighter are missing.

'Leaker', I hope you're happy, you nearly gave THE ENTIRE SMASH COMMUNITY A HEART ATTACK. >_<:mad::mad::mad:

Because of this, I'm wanting Shulk even less, and what I really want is for these poor little guys to be confirmed already!:popo::popo: We've seen the Polar Bear, and I think they're safe... for now...
Please be even faker, 'leak'. >_<

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ya, this is fake. Also, aren't the background of the character slots supposed to be yellow? Find more reasons why I think this is fake on the actual thread pertaining to this.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I agree full-heartedly that this is a fake. This game wouldn't even be HALF complete if the Ice Climbers weren't in the game.

2: Dr. Mario taking priority over the other (more important) cut Melee vets Mewtwo and Roy :mewtwomelee::roymelee: is also dubious, and was deliberately chosen because of Sakurai's "If a character plays differently, I give them a slot on the roster" quote, just to try and make it more authentic.
4: In the supposed picture of Lucina and Shulk, I CAN SEE THAT LUCINA IS IN THE SAME POSE FROM THE ROBIN TRAILER.
5: The other picture 'depicting' 'Shulk' is just a hacked Snake.:snake: How can I not forget Snake's 1-2-Kick jab? It was too obvious.
6: Wario's left pupil is missing, and Mr. Game & Watch is clipping into the character portrait.
7: Other people have noted this, but there are no Mii Fighters, and the names of each fighter are missing.

'Leaker', I hope you're happy, you nearly gave THE ENTIRE SMASH COMMUNITY A HEART ATTACK. >_<:mad::mad::mad:

Because of this, I'm wanting Shulk even less, and what I really want is for these poor little guys to be confirmed already!:popo::popo: We've seen the Polar Bear, and I think they're safe... for now...
Thank you. I felt the same way as you. Whoever tried to scare us with that fake leak should suffer in the Netherrealm at the mercy of Scorpion and Lord Shinnok.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Not that I'm support the DHD part.

But him being hated is why hes added because remember its a fighting game so players can use him as a punching bag in training mode.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Okay, at this current time I doubt the ICs are starters for this game, but I still do not believe that they were cut for this game.

It's absurd enough that Doctor Mario is back as an independent character, but that they couldn't bother to use the time and effort to bring back the ICs despite having Olimar and Rosalina in the game?

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
Okay, at this current time I doubt the ICs are starters for this game, but I still do not believe that they were cut for this game.

It's absurd enough that Doctor Mario is back as an independent character, but that they couldn't bother to use the time and effort to bring back the ICs despite having Olimar and Rosalina in the game?
Lizardon, it's fake. And aside from Dr. Mario being in the roster, the additions of the Duck Hunt Dog and Dark Pit make it glaringly obvious that it's fake.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Lizardon, it's fake. And aside from Dr. Mario being in the roster, the additions of the Duck Hunt Dog and Dark Pit make it glaringly obvious that it's fake.
I know it's fake. But there are still people who somehow believe its legitimacy.

I'm just assuming something outside of the leak as of this moment, considering how dangerously close we are to the Japanese release for the 3DS version. Unless we're getting a Smash trailer that confirms most if not all the other unconfirmed veterans (Wario, ICs, MOTHER rep, etc), I think they might be unlockable this time around.

Dynamo68

Smash Journeyman
I know it's fake. But there are still people who somehow believe its legitimacy.

I'm just assuming something outside of the leak as of this moment, considering how dangerously close we are to the Japanese release for the 3DS version. Unless we're getting a Smash trailer that confirms most if not all the other unconfirmed veterans (Wario, ICs, MOTHER rep, etc), I think they might be unlockable this time around.
Yeah. We better get another Smash trailer which will finally confirm the IC's, otherwise I'll have a panic attack.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
What we'd better have is a Smash Direct that focuses on the fighters only, new and returning.

Gina the Maid

Smash Cadet
We should have a new nintendo direct that is all about the fighters right? I want this so bad. Ice climbers are boring though, the whole having two at a time thing is so annoying. I would prefer them alone

Top Bottom