• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawler's Brawl in Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
So Saturday night, some of us Southwest Floridians were having a get-together with an out-of-stater from Illinois, and playing lots of Smash (both Melee & Brawl), with a sprinkling of Mario Kart, Guitar Hero, and Monopoly. Fun times being had by all. After playing all Friday night, and most of Saturday, it was getting late, almost to 2 AM. I had a good 5 or 6 beers in me, and was lying down in front of the TV. We were about to start Brawl teams when I noticed that it was set on 4 stocks, which is the standard for Melee, but is 3 for Brawl. I fix it, and everyone starts messing around with it, playfully moving it up and down, until someone spam-starts the match with 4 stock. Saying cmon, I reset it and move it back to 3 stock. RockCrock, who is sitting on the bed above me, moves it back to 4 stock and starts the match. I again reset it, and this time Rock (who is completely sober) leans forward to the Wii and unplugs my controller, and starts a teams match (2v1) as such. I roll my eyes and reset the Wii with my toe which is nearby. A friend asks if we can please get started, and I point out Rock unplugged me and he mumbles something apologetic. Next thing I know, Rock jumps up and starts stomping on my face and hitting me. I was completely on my back, arms at my side, couple of beers slowing my reaction time, and glasses on my face. I've never seen someone go so psycho over a small thing in a video game. I don't really know what else to say, except watch out for people like that.

On another note, the other thing I learned from the weekend: over the past few weeks I've been playing Brawl less and less, thinking I was missing Melee. But after playing a lot of both this last weekend, I realized that I was more over Melee, and that I was just johning because I had set an impossibly high standard for what I had hoped Brawl to be. However, after playing both, I realized that, while Melee was fantastic, it's hayday is over for me in terms of motivation and enjoyment, and Brawl is very refreshing and fun (especially teams).

OTRU...

Smash Champion
Nah bro, brawl is garbage and melee is always refreshing. You just have to play a little bit of more brawl to realize that, trust me.

But thats kinda crazy, Rock seems like a calm dude. You guys are funny lol.

Frames

DI
see what brawl does to people!?

rockcrock, a perfectly normal and rational human being, is turned into an animal because he has to play brawl

for shame nintendo...for shame

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Also, andy what is your avatar?!
It looks like a dog dressed up like the wolf from Okami...

I like Brawl... it's more mindgamey than Melee... but that's because there isn't alot of technicality...

Whatever,... Brawl is fun to some, some like both, and others like Melee more than Brawl. To each their own.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
u needa come to tampa where theres no fights (ELE) and hot chicks
I dated a guy who lived in Tampa his whole life and never dated a girl in Tampa. I didn't understand. Then I moved in with him. I completely understood why he didn't date up there.

Also, Colin's sig makes me lol.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
I dated a guy who lived in Tampa his whole life and never dated a girl in Tampa. I didn't understand. Then I moved in with him. I completely understood why he didn't date up there.

it was cuz of the girls' personalities and stupid stuff like that. theyre still hot and theyre gonna be at the tampa tourney!!!! GOOO

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Yeah that completely caught me off guard when you told me about this. I forgot to ask but you alright man? Hope you didn't get hurt bro.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
it was cuz of the girls' personalities and stupid stuff like that. theyre still hot and theyre gonna be at the tampa tourney!!!! GOOO
Whoa whoa whoa....ok

Mmmm...yea. I will be there.

Oh Polmex can spit game now...=), they dont call me the one an only for nothin xD

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
*waits to hear Rockcrock's side*

that sucks though. :ohwell:

I always thought Mooney would be the first to get attacked...

Smash Attak Mak

Smash Rookie

Dguy, I sincerely hope this is some kind of misunderstanding as well...Tampa girls are the best. Also, Phanna...I'm upset with you. I thought your Samus skills were also applicable in real life...You should have just Up B'd that bih out of shield. That would have been the LAST time that bih ever tried to get crunk on you.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
I didn't know drunk smash was so dangerous.
I drunk MM'd Sighrax at Nexus one night his Bowser vs. my Zelda and it was nothing but fun.
Guess I should get around to paying up on that, too >.>

Smash Attak Mak

Smash Rookie
Makis! where have you been man?
Who me? Supamak? Mayne, you already know how I do...I've just been holdin down my city by pwnin every victim who challenges me. It seems like everyone is leaving Tampa and that only a select few are left...But anyway, I'll stop with the nonsense (the true nonsense, that is). What's up with you? How was the move? I know this topic is about Phanna and all, but I just gotta know the status of mah boi Mankosuki!!!

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
How could no one of seen this coming, i mean have you NOT seen the guns Rockcrock has, clearly spending what little free time he has pumping iron in the gym. I knew he'd snap!

Guess I should get around to paying up on that, too >.>
Doodah 4stock rule?

Renth

Smash Hero
I miss David P. Hanna!

Edit: i need to learn to read threads before posting in them.

RockCrock was always incredibly polite and fun to be with when he was at my house ect. Can't imagine him hitting much of anyone.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
hoooly ****!!

I just had a dream last night where rockrock and I were going down these stairs and we saw renth at the bottom. rock threw a banana and then his controller at renth and they started fighting. THIS IS SO CRAZY!!! I have esp or something. I swear im not making this up. the next part of the dream was rock winning a 3 mill tourny and being proud and confused about it, but i cant remember what the grand finals were, none of the big names, but someone well known.

edit: yeah, dude i hope youre alright, and that you and rock are straight.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
RockCrock really did that? :(

Phanna, I really wanted to play/see you at FAST but you weren't there. I hear you have the same main as me and you did well initially down here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom