• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Beautiful work! It is impressive you made it this far. Please take your time finishing it off.

@KuroBit: that animation progress video was fun to watch; nice work!

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Ah thanks. They just needed to all be named the same thing, like this:

I'm not sure what you mean by not adding new textures though, all of the textures I added are working fine for me, and they aren't replaced textures.
I think you can have, in Textures1, BasicSide2, MPTop and an unused one. Then, in the third material in Materials1, you are able to have the same texture as in the first one, just have a different name for the material

I think I have done this in some of my stages, so you don't need having two textures that are exactly the same (BasicSide2 and BasicSide2_)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Awesome work Kryal! Really, you're outdoing yourself! It also looks like you're pretty close to done, so awesome work!

I'm willing to wait as long as it takes(I haven't actually finished anything anyhow..)

Kryal

Smash Ace
can you possibly put an automatic polygon deleter in BBox or something? just delete the polygon, and its gone. maybe even polygon swapper?
Well, by polygon 'deleter' do you mean right-clicking the polygon and clicking delete? Because yes, that can be done as easily as deleting anything else. Swapping can be tricky because there may be weights/skins involved. If that's the case you would want to export the whole model anyways so that the skin can be carried over and edited properly. It may be useful for rigid objects, but even then there are usually duplicates in a model (stages).

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Looks amazing kryal keep up the good work!
I have a feature request for later versions of brawlbox:
when scene data becomes editable can you add the feature of previewing the changes to the scene data in the collision editor?

Blitzkrieg98

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... If a model rebuilder is being worked on for BrawlBox, can I assume that it would include adding certain files that call for a character's shadow (FitCharShd) to be loaded and cast on the stage?

From what I have seen, very nicely imported (or, in Mewtwo 2000's case, made from scratch) stages do not seem to have the files that call for the characters to include their shadows / wrapping TShadow1 around the walk-able areas of the stage to cast the shadows. If a model rebuilder is made, then could people have the option to include those files from other stages? (I would imagine that it would take some hexing to wrap TShadow1 on the areas of the stage with collision)

I can't jump to conclusions, but I wanted to make sure whether the above is considered jumping to one or not. Still, shadows or not, I surmise that there are going to be an almost limitless amount of stage possibilities that will pop up with the rebuilder.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I take that as a challenge! (Even though you weren't talking to me...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLk0ZE3E8c8
*Super Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES) Narrator voice* Round 1 fight!

/2:55 later.

*Super Street Fighter II Turbo (SNES) Narrator voice* You Win! - Perfect

Namq status Knocked Down.

Nice :o!!!

even if it's speed up I know tht you know what you are doing T.T

so sweet/neat I just don't have the temper to do this, takes a while/along time and I'm a lil perfectionist

but hey you showed me something, and I may look at it more times to see if I can manage to replicate it but on golem

EDIT:

Eventually yes. When the model portion is done and the interface rebuilt the animation controls will be much better.
nice :D want me to add that to where Bionic Sonic forward us to?

-UPDATE-

So, I've got most of the import process finished (although it's a little messy). I need to work on materials now which is one of the last things to do before rebuilding. A good portion of the rebuild process is already done so that shouldn't be too bad. I don't think I'll be able to finish by this weekend because I'm going out of town.

Here's a sample. I just downloaded a free model online and imported it (after a few conversion steps). 'Skin and bones' importing works, this model just didn't have any (probably why it's free).

:O!!!

this mean we can get a empty mdl0 file somewhere and add textures to it, vertices ediditing and all and would make for new characters :o?

this is so cool :D

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
-UPDATE-

So, I've got most of the import process finished (although it's a little messy). I need to work on materials now which is one of the last things to do before rebuilding. A good portion of the rebuild process is already done so that shouldn't be too bad. I don't think I'll be able to finish by this weekend because I'm going out of town.

Here's a sample. I just downloaded a free model online and imported it (after a few conversion steps). 'Skin and bones' importing works, this model just didn't have any (probably why it's free).

The character there looks to like an older Ness. Good work Kryal. I can not wait for the release.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I edited a bunch of text and crap, but when I saved it and reopened it later all the text was ****ed up.

Instead of:

<color=333333FF>Sharp graphics or smooth gameplay? It's up to you.</end>

It looks like this

<color=333333FF,,,>rp graphics or smooth gameplay? It's up to you.</end>

It shows like this for all the text and shows up like that in game, too. Can anyone help? I'd like to get back to working on this...

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh*
QUIT BUGGING HIM ABOUT IT. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have model building sooner with having to plug in numbers(That's very easy by the way), than waiting for him to implement mouse controls. it's NOT THAT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. That's something for LATER once he gets most everything else working.:mad:
Chill chill. It was the first time I asked. I don't mean anything by it. I'm just saying it would help. And yes I do want the model importing done first, I was just curious....
Kryal your so awesome. =D
So....with this model rebuiler, say I import like, Bowser Jr's Trophy, would the rebuilder give it more bones? Or is it meant for more outside games?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Kryal, if you cant import a NES with textures into brawl, i will give you my sister. Shes pretty... lol

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Kryal, if you cant import a NES with textures into brawl, i will give you my sister. Shes pretty... lol
That should be fairly easy to make without the model rebuilder. It's basically almost a cube, but with some slants in the sides.

Also, that's amazing kryal! I'm really exited about the new version.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Something is definitely wrong with the calculations between keyframes. I told BrawlBox that it had 22 frames to go from 270 Z-rotation to 360. It went up to 750 and back down to 360 in those 22 frames. WTH.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Something is definitely wrong with the calculations between keyframes. I told BrawlBox that it had 22 frames to go from 270 Z-rotation to 360. It went up to 750 and back down to 360 in those 22 frames. WTH.
The same thing happened for me. I was rescaling Lucario's foot for one one move, and for some reason, is went from 1 to 1.5 to 0.8 to 1 again. The 0.8 wasn't supposed to be there.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Right. And the translations, even when between two of the same number, like to sway up and down for no reason at all. It's very noticeable.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I think what all of you are running into is Brawl's Interpolation system. This isn't a problem with BrawlBox, this is just how Brawl handles animations. It's a system that tries to make animations look smoother when played, but if you don't know exactly what your doing, it can have some weird effects.

I also might be completely misunderstanding what you all are saying...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You are. I know exactly what it should an shouldn't be doing, and when I set a frame to 1 Y-translation on frame 22, and 1 Y-translation on frame 29 with no keyframes in between, the numbers between should not be going 0.9, 1, 1.1, 1.4, 1.6, 1.2, 0.8. 0.5, 1 etc.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
You are. I know exactly what it should an shouldn't be doing, and when I set a frame to 1 Y-translation on frame 22, and 1 Y-translation on frame 29 with no keyframes in between, the numbers between should not be going 0.9, 1, 1.1, 1.4, 1.6, 1.2, 0.8. 0.5, 1 etc.
I get that problem, too. Try copying keyframe 29 and pasting it to keyframe 28 (don't get rid off frame 29). It works for me.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes interpolation causes things to go like this:

(Left-to-Right is supposed to represent time)

I'm not sure if that's a glitch or just how it works, but I've noticed it happening in 3D modeling programs and games like TrackMania too.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
It's way worse than your actual result. I tried to go from 0 to 360 and it jumped up to EIGHT HUNDRED TWENTY EIGHT. Almost 3x the aimed jump. It's gotta be fixable.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Interpolation works fine in version .61. That's all I can ever use, sadly.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
I think brawl animations are that way, so it's no use

Solutions are having more keyframes in the middle, or duplicating the border frames, that cuts the interpolation and makes the transition to be linear

shanus

Smash Hero
The key frames bug is very noticable. I was programming kirby's 64 nair, and literally had 20 frames between my two keys and was only raising the z axis on one foot.

Kirby literally does a dance between key frames with body rotation and both feet wobbling back and forth.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I think Kryal said that if you put two key frames next to each other with the same value, it will go linear. If frame 1=5 and frame 30=50. Copy frame 1 to frame 2 so their both 5(key) and it should be linear all the way to frame 30.

Edit: the post---

Interpolation is necessary, otherwise we would get snap-back like before. Linear movement can be achieved by placing two keyframes next to each-other that have the same value. Until tangents can be edited on a graph, we'll have to use the generated ones.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Also, it's not a problem of the newer version making animations messed up. The newer version actually just accurately displays what they will look like in Brawl.

So if you tried making the same exact same animation in both versions, and it looked messed up in the newer version. When you export them into the game, they will both look "messed up" like you saw in the newer version.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Kryal, a really minor problem, but Brawlbox doesn't put the .brstm ending on certain songs, even when I make sure .brstm BRSTM Raw Audio is selected...it's not a big deal, just figured I'd let you know. Most of the problem deals with punctuation at the end of song names

Top Bottom