• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Perhaps we simply should be grateful and refrain from inquiring about his genius.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Hex editor, yes. Export the model and search for the bone using its mdl offset (make sure you set the hex editor for big endian mode). Make the changes, save, re-import.
Now when you say "search," would you be referring to the side numbers or a hex number?

Which "bold"?

Code:
[B]6184[/B]    00 98 01 85 [B]61 84[/B]

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
The side number is an address, and somewhere in the data (the right part) is the flag that you need to alter. I assume BrawlBox gives you an address (the model offset), so you Goto in the hex editor to that location... I think. Sorry if I'm wrong or unhelpful :(

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal, might I inquire as to how you obtained such extensive knowledge on this subject? You amaze me, seriously.
Well, most of my life has been spent in front of a keyboard. One of which had seven octaves ;). That and I'm single...

Now when you say "search," would you be referring to the side numbers or a hex number?

Which "bold"?

Code:
[B]6184[/B]    00 98 01 85 [B]61 84[/B]
Sorry, didn't fully explain. When you select the bone in BBox, look for MDL0Offset. Copy that into the calculator, switch to hex mode and you'll get a number that looks like this: FFFFFFD70 (eight bytes, sixteen characters). In your hex editor, do a search for hex bytes and type/copy that number in. It will land on the bone data. Exactly one line below it (16 bytes) you will see the bone flags. This is the same number found in BBox, just in hex format.

You can usually open the search with Ctrl + F, or in the Edit/Search menu.

EDIT:

Or, you could just use goto and type in the number (without the minus - )

-UPDATE-

I got my XML reader done and I'm parsing text from collada files into data. Now to move that over to the raw format.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
When changing bone transforms, you need to update the bone flags. This is also why models that have been scaled may not show up as such in-game. The flags for the old bone were 799 (0x31F). This needs to be changed to 792 (0x318). I don't think many people know this, and it's something that will eventually be part of the editor. Here are the flags in case you need to edit the bind pose:

NoTransform = 0x0001,
FixedTranslation = 0x0002,
FixedRotation = 0x0004,
FixedScale = 0x0008,
Unk1 = 0x0010,
Unk2 = 0x0100,
HasGeometry = 0x0200
So I'm assuming this means we can edit bones on static objects without having to use animations?

Sweeeeet.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Kryal said:
That and I'm single...
Easy fix: Just be like "Oh, I'm a programmer" and then she's like "Pants down now."

Or.. was that actor?
Well, either way, bug report:

Look at Lucario's default(T-posed) LToeN and RToeN XRotations. They show up as 1E-06 in 0.63D.

Kryal

Smash Ace
So I'm assuming this means we can edit bones on static objects without having to use animations?

Sweeeeet.
Yeah, it would pretty much be used only for stages and such. Characters wouldn't matter because of animations.

In the future, do you think that it'll be possible to do vertex edits with BrawlBox? Just an idea.
Yes, that's what the collada codec is for. You'll be able to export a character into Maya or Max, edit it, and then put it back in with BBox.

Easy fix: Just be like "Oh, I'm a programmer" and then she's like "Pants down now."

Or.. was that actor?
Well, either way, bug report:

Look at Lucario's default(T-posed) LToeN and RToeN XRotations. They show up as 1E-06 in 0.63D.
Scientific notation. Any number that has E- on it is very small. 1E-06 is 0.000001, which is pretty much zero most of the time. The framework likes to throw those in sometimes.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
^Talk about a good idea. That'd be perfect...if you could do it by then, of course, there's no rush at all

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Can you give a release date? Sorry to seem too inquisitive, take as much time as you need, but I really want to know when this will be finished. The next BrawlBox will be the best thing to happen to Brawl Hacking since SD card file replacement. :joyful:
More like the best thing to happen since the last BrawlBox :p

Also seconding (or thirding I guess) Shadic's response.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Haha, I don't think I can do it by tomorrow! As for the AnmTexSrt, there is plenty of room for that. The key is figuring out the texture matrices in the model materials. THEN texture animations can be done.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Haha, I don't think I can do it by tomorrow! As for the AnmTexSrt, there is plenty of room for that. The key is figuring out the texture matrices in the model materials. THEN texture animations can be done.
you take your time with that :3

make your project first before you have too much on your back D: xD

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Will there be an option to turn off interpolation? Sometimes it helps, sometimes it screws up static animations.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I give up :(

custum animations would be alot easier if we could have a way to use the mouse to move the bones instead of using random #'s in the X/Y/Z rotations :(

let me ask to kryal if something like this can be done to BBox :(

would be alot neater if I drag:

+ = this bone has other bones conected to it
------ = bones conected to the previous rootbone

+RArm
------ForeArm
------------RHand
--------------------RFinger
--------------------RFinger1
--------------------RFinger2

with a mouse click and holding it we would drag the bones and that way making custum animations would be alot easier

hope something like this could be considered :(

atm... I will not touch golem at all :(
can this be done kryal :( ???

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Kryal, I'm getting some strange results with stage collisions. http://www.mediafire.com/?jcyemytywbu That's skyworld. The collisions are a little high but ignore that. When you stand on the left floating platform, you slide left. The closer you are to the left the faster you slide. I don't know if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong. This is the third time it's happened.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I'm running into some kind of bug in BrawlBox.

I'm making a stage from "scratch" so I'm using a few stage builder parts, some of which are duplicates of others. I wanted some of the duplicate models to have different textures from each other, so I renamed all of their Materials and Textures, but while I was doing this, I noticed BrawlBox still displayed the textures as they where before I changed them... But if I play the stage in-game, the textures show up just the way I set them them.

Now the problem is, I closed the stage, and when I reopened it, BrawlBox was unable to view the models at all. It just shows a big red X and comes up with an error... The stage still works fine in-game though.

I think it may have something to do with that I named the files kind of like this:
Code:
Textures
--Front
----WallTexture
----FloorTexture
--Sides
----WallTexture
I'm guessing it's either because I didn't name the files like "Front" and "WallTexture" the same, or because I'm using multiple instances of the same texture.

Should I send you the file?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Can it? That would be SO helpful.
*Sigh*
QUIT BUGGING HIM ABOUT IT. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have model building sooner with having to plug in numbers(That's very easy by the way), than waiting for him to implement mouse controls. it's NOT THAT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. That's something for LATER once he gets most everything else working.:mad:

pokelover980

Smash Ace

I'm making a stage from "scratch" so I'm using a few stage builder parts, some of which are duplicates of others. I wanted some of the duplicate models to have different textures from each other, so I renamed all of their Materials and Textures, but while I was doing this, I noticed BrawlBox still displayed the textures as they where before I changed them... But if I play the stage in-game, the textures show up just the way I set them them.

Now the problem is, I closed the stage, and when I reopened it, BrawlBox was unable to view the models at all. It just shows a big red X and comes up with an error... The stage still works fine in-game though.

I think it may have something to do with that I named the files kind of like this:
Code:
Textures
--Front
----WallTexture
----FloorTexture
--Sides
----WallTexture
I'm guessing it's either because I didn't name the files like "Front" and "WallTexture" the same, or because I'm using multiple instances of the same texture.

You shouldn't be using multiple instances of the same texture, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work too well. When you replace a texture, it should have the same name, and you shouldn't be adding new textures, you should be replacing old ones, unless you need to.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
You shouldn't be using multiple instances of the same texture, I'm pretty sure that doesn't work too well. When you replace a texture, it should have the same name, and you shouldn't be adding new textures, you should be replacing old ones, unless you need to.
Ah thanks. They just needed to all be named the same thing, like this:
(The underscore is so none of the textures are named the same...)
I'm not sure what you mean by not adding new textures though, all of the textures I added are working fine for me, and they aren't replaced textures.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh*
QUIT BUGGING HIM ABOUT IT. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have model building sooner with having to plug in numbers(That's very easy by the way), than waiting for him to implement mouse controls. it's NOT THAT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW. That's something for LATER once he gets most everything else working.:mad:
EZ for you atleast...

why you don't make a walking animation and show a video of it so we can see how long does it take to atleast make the legs move smoother with just random numbers

show me how easy it is >.>

Kryal

Smash Ace
Will there be an option to turn off interpolation? Sometimes it helps, sometimes it screws up static animations.
Interpolation is necessary, otherwise we would get snap-back like before. Linear movement can be achieved by placing two keyframes next to each-other that have the same value. Until tangents can be edited on a graph, we'll have to use the generated ones.

can this be done kryal :( ???
Eventually yes. When the model portion is done and the interface rebuilt the animation controls will be much better.

Kryal, I'm getting some strange results with stage collisions. http://www.mediafire.com/?jcyemytywbu That's skyworld. The collisions are a little high but ignore that. When you stand on the left floating platform, you slide left. The closer you are to the left the faster you slide. I don't know if this is a glitch or if I did something wrong. This is the third time it's happened.
I'll look at it.

Code:
Textures
--Front
----WallTexture
----FloorTexture
--Sides
----WallTexture

Yeah, you can't have two nodes with the same name, ever. The way the game (and BBox) looks up resources is by name, which may cause them to load improperly. Also, it's a better idea to use the texture names already within a model. When you change material textures you need to make sure the 'reference' names are also changed. These are separate from the material/shader names. If you got it working don't worry about it...

-UPDATE-

So, I've got most of the import process finished (although it's a little messy). I need to work on materials now which is one of the last things to do before rebuilding. A good portion of the rebuild process is already done so that shouldn't be too bad. I don't think I'll be able to finish by this weekend because I'm going out of town.

Here's a sample. I just downloaded a free model online and imported it (after a few conversion steps). 'Skin and bones' importing works, this model just didn't have any (probably why it's free).

Top Bottom