• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
How much of the file structure for the movesets have you looked at?
I would say about 40%+ of the files is completely unknown data that can't be moved without causing the game to break.

Kryal

Smash Ace
How much of the file structure for the movesets have you looked at?
I would say about 40%+ of the files is completely unknown data that can't be moved without causing the game to break.
That's what having a rebuilder is for, correct? ;)
Of course, it's just a plan and I haven't seriously looked into it yet. But from what we've all seen, ANY file can be modified however we choose. At one time we thought that BRES packages couldn't be moved around either.

-UPDATE-
Okay, so I'm going to try getting an update out tonight. Interpolation works great, and as an added bonus the previewer emulates the frames just like the game would. This adds for more fluid movement, in addition to more accuracy. Also, some bug fixes and a VIS editor.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
I'm just saying, if we work together we can get it done easy.

I make progress, but my code organization skills leave much to be desired, and BrawlBox has a much better framework in terms of parsing files than OpenSA2 has.

Kryal

Smash Ace
It's out. Not that big of a release, but you animators should be satisfied for a while.

A few bug fixes, VIS editor, and interpolation.

The 'Clean' button no longer removes redundant frames! This is because of how the interp. works. If you want a dead stop, put two keyframes next to each other with the same value.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Anyone have a guide on collision editting with brawlbox? I get how to do it with danatrion's tool, but not with brawlbox.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
It's out. Not that big of a release, but you animators should be satisfied for a while.

A few bug fixes, VIS editor, and interpolation.

The 'Clean' button no longer removes redundant frames! This is because of how the interp. works. If you want a dead stop, put two keyframes next to each other with the same value.
Sorry for sounding slow, but what's interpolation? =P

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I am very sure that you know of this bug already but I will still tell you about it. If you are on the first frame of any animation and delete the frame, insert a frame, or paste something over the entire frame it "freaks" out. Everything gets sucked in.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I am very sure that you know of this bug already but I will still tell you about it. If you are on the first frame of any animation and delete the frame, insert a frame, or paste something over the entire frame it "freaks" out. Everything gets sucked in.
Oh yeah. I'm having that issue too.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
"Help! We're being sucked in!"

~Knuckles, from Shadow the Hedgehog

Lmfao this came to mind immediately and I can't stop laughing xD

matein10

Smash Rookie
Hey Kryal,

I can't seem to get BrawlBox v0.63c to save changes on STGEDIT_1.pac. I have been able to make changes in the past. One thing of note, when I tried this on the (3) computers in my family's house the compression bar never shows up after saving (and the changes were not applied). The 3 computer OSes are Windows XP (x86), Windows Vista Home Premium (x64), and Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). If I recall correctly they fit the system requirements and have Net Framework 3.5 or higher too. Is anyone else having this problem? Could someone try editing this file and see if they get a similar error?

Thanks,

-matein10

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I can't seem to get BrawlBox v0.63c to save changes on STGEDIT_1.pac. I have been able to make changes in the past. One thing of note, when I tried this on the (3) computers in my family's house the compression bar never shows up after saving (and the changes were not applied). The 3 computer OSes are Windows XP (x86), Windows Vista Home Premium (x64), and Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). If I recall correctly they fit the system requirements and have Net Framework 3.5 or higher too. Is anyone else having this problem? Could someone try editing this file and see if they get a similar error?

Thanks,

-matein10
If it has Windows 7, it comes with Net Framework 3.5, at least it did on Windows 7 Ultimate for me.

Anyway, I tested the same file and the results are as he he said. The "Compressing" window appears, but doesn't do anything and my changes don't get saved.

Kryal

Smash Ace
kryal, do the fixes include naming an added model correctly (3dmodel(n4rw) instead of just model(n4rw)?
Yes.

Oh yeah. I'm having that issue too.
Not a bug. You're deleting the first frame which is the most important. Copy/Paste it back in.

If it has Windows 7, it comes with Net Framework 3.5, at least it did on Windows 7 Ultimate for me.

Anyway, I tested the same file and the results are as he he said. The "Compressing" window appears, but doesn't do anything and my changes don't get saved.
I noticed the compression window doesn't show the bar properly, but it doesn't affect the actual compression or saving. Double-check this please.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Very satisfied! Thank you for the update! (Sorry it took so long to figure out though...)

You wouldn't happen to mean stage animations would you? Because I just tested them and they aren't looping for me (Although stages like F-Zero, Bridge of Elden, and Metal Gear display perfectly now!).
You may have to re-set the keyframes so the new interpolation takes effect. If not send a file.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Check the process monitor to see what your machine is doing. Does it ever come back, or does the whole program stop forever?
I did that, it stops responding, so I gave it a few minutes and went back and it wasn't doing anything so I just exited out. I'll try again though.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
So Kryal, do you still have plans to add MP3 support to the BRSTM creator?

Sorry if you already answered that, I haven't been following this topic lately.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
lovin the program. hate to complain. but there is something thats alittle troublesome. if you try to save while an animation is playing, it freezes. just letting u know.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I made the animation from scratch in the new Brawl Box. I sent you a PM with the file.
I think this has been a particular problem with stages. I'll look at the files I have when I get a chance.

So Kryal, do you still have plans to add MP3 support to the BRSTM creator?

Sorry if you already answered that, I haven't been following this topic lately.
Eventually I want to, but I will need to build an MP3 decoder which takes time.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Yes, please fix this. When deleting a frame, make it check if it's the first frame. If it is, keyframe everything in the second frame, then delete the first.

Animations look so much better now Kryal.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
how do i edit textures of stages? Can i do it with brawl box if not can someone link me in the right direction?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Please list OS you're using. Is the process monitor showing activity in the program?
Windows Vista 64-Bit. I haven't tried saving anything regularly, but saving anything in the animations editor causes it to freeze.

And the weird thing is, I kinda got it to work now. I saved it, checked an hour later, it was still frozen, but I left it on overnight and when I just checked it the file was saved and I could edit again. I don't know if I can save again without it freezing, but it worked.

Top Bottom