• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is too good.

Anyone have a link to almost everything in this game?
Not just characters but stages, items, trophies, assist trophies, etc. Or is that illegal? If it is, PM me?

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
iamthemovie, its illegal to copy in hole or in part anything that is copyrighted, but we make excuses why we can...hahaha. and if you look through the thread you will find links to the files you seek.

thank you, awesome great new update, Kryal you always amaze me!

Changes in v0.60:
Fixed various issues with OpenGL initialization.
Removed many GL classes in favor of using the MDL0 classes directly.
The MDL0 nodes now wrap OpenGL rendering and resources.
Added support for multiple texture layers and uv points.
Added the following features to MDL0 nodes:
Bone rendering and animation.
Model skinning.
Automatic texture loading.
Added the following features to ModelEditControl:
Animation/bone editor.
Animation playback controls.
Bone/texture lists.
Built-in texture support for preview/replace/export.
External file loader.
Improved mouse/keyboard controls.
Fixed a bug that was causing PAC files to export uncompressed regardless of setting.
Fixed a bug in the CHR0 decoder.

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
I feel stupid asking this, but how could I replace one character's model with another.
I am currently trying to replace Sonic with the Shadow assist trophy, and I thought I had it working, so I loaded brawl, and normal Sonic loaded. Please Help...

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll go search around them Markehmus.

Richdog, load your Shadow AT pac file using BrawlBox then CRTL+P its AsfShadow00 file in the ModelData[0] folder. You should be able to view Shadow. On the left, right and lower edge of the new window, there should be some arrows. Click on the one on the right and then click on Load to load your SonicMotionEtc file.

Oh yeah, Little Mac with Pokemon Trainer Motions are a perfect fit.

Richdog567

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'll go search around them Markehmus.

Richdog, load your Shadow AT pac file using BrawlBox then CRTL+P its AsfShadow00 file in the ModelData[0] folder. You should be able to view Shadow. On the left, right and lower edge of the new window, there should be some arrows. Click on the one on the right and then click on Load to load your SonicMotionEtc file.

Oh yeah, Little Mac with Pokemon Trainer Motions are a perfect fit.
I know how to do that, I want to actually use the Shadow model in Brawl instead of sonic, not just in the editor.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Sadly, you have to download them one by one. On the bright side you don't have to look everywhere for everything.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
yay tingle!! :D

shadow works on sonic but his spikes are mess'd up. i think there might be a simple fix but idk.
also, shadow's bones work perfectly on the SSE enemy that shoots wind at you and prances around.
also, tingle as tabuu is WTF??

LxTrix

Smash Rookie
is there a way to full the full model of a .pac so you can use it for portraits? if so how?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
this+model importer+psa=custom characters :D

also, kryal, dont dicriminate against non-americans...my thanksgiving was several weeks ago

and to that guy that said what were doing is illegal, as long as we dont make any money off of whatever we do, we should be ok

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
still no mac?

i'm not using crossover it doesn't work for some reason. (biggest waste of 70 dollars in my life) nor am i using VMWare (biggest waste of >100 dollars in my life) or anything else like those

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did try out the updated BrawlBox, but the model viewer has some problems. For instance, you can't rotate the model by left clicking the mouse anymore, and for some characters, you can't see all of their polygons; for Plumber Outfit Wario, you can't see his hands nor cap, even with all polygons turned on.

On a side note, BrawlBox does need to be fixed up, in terms of replacing textures that use palettes. From what I've seen, SmashBox v0.57 could replace the indexed textures without any mipmap issues, and yet the newer versions have the mipmap problem.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I've got a bit of feedback for BB.60

With the new viewing controls (Right clicking mixed with the Ctrl key) it doesn't take long to get used too, however it no longer centres on the model, and can be a HUGE pain to look around to the other side.

The new animation features are really fun to play with, seeing Yoshi prowl around as Bowser, or seeing Mario dance like Luigi is really nifty. They could benifit from slightly easier ways to edit the animation. Possibly the option of dragging/dropping the bone of your choice would make the task MUCH easier.

I haven't had a chance to try out texture swapping and such, so no real ideas there.
Good job with the updates, keep 'em comming =]

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Oh my...!
Animation preview...
Aye, you beat them all one more time, Kryal!
Thank you for the wonderful tool again!

I am still hoping you are going to implent support for the newer BRRES version or whatever you told me about the examples I sent you =]
Would be really nice if you'd find time for that ^_______^

Thanks again!

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Currently the camera seems to spin about its own center when you rotate, bringing the model out of view. This makes it difficult to view different parts of the model quickly because you have to constantly rotate, then translate the camera. These two things would make it very easy to navigate the viewport window:

The numpad is viewport camera angle hotkeys:
5 - frontal view
4 - left side of object
6 - right side
2 - bottom
8 - top
0? - back

I don't know how other 3D rendering programs do it, but in Blender you have cursor (shows up as 3 axis and a circle) around which the camera pivots. You simply left click anywhere in the viewport and the cursor is positioned there (moving to it's new location along a plane parallel to the screen). These two things would work well together because you could press five, left click on the character's head, press 4, left click on the characters head again, and then the camera would pivot around the character's head.

As far as I can tell the left click isn't used for anything in the viewport window but I don't know if you planned on giving it some other purpose in the future to you could use some sort of button combination (like shift + click) to position the cursor.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
still no mac?

i'm not using crossover it doesn't work for some reason. (biggest waste of 70 dollars in my life) nor am i using VMWare (biggest waste of >100 dollars in my life) or anything else like those
I use parallels and I have no issues. I'm sure bootcamp would work just fine - it's just a pain to transfer files.

Is there a way to copy and paste keyframes? If there isn't, that would be a useful feature. Timeline anybody? Like flash - click and drag-able keyframes.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Wait a minute, why don't I get any of these pictures that everyone else gets??? Nothing I do lets me get a preview of ANYTHING...

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Wait a minute, why don't I get any of these pictures that everyone else gets??? Nothing I do lets me get a preview of ANYTHING...
Are you doing it right? You have to find the model that you want to preview, preview it, click on the little arrows in the preview window and then load the fitXXXmotion file you want to see.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Are you doing it right? You have to find the model that you want to preview, preview it, click on the little arrows in the preview window and then load the fitXXXmotion file you want to see.
There's no preview window in the first place :< And yes, this IS version 0.6 that I'm talking about

Shiroyu

Smash Apprentice
Are there any intentions for future updates that will allow bone movement/rotation to be done with the mouse instead of entering each value manually?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Man, this is hard... I'm trying to make Mario's punch (Attack11 & Attack12) fit Lucario, but I'm not having much luck...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Top Bottom