• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kryal

Smash Ace
a bone viewing feature? cool but how do i see it and does it let you see what you have done without having to boot brawl this would be great for my pathetic attempts at trying to make sonic's spikes the right way for shadow is there a way to make the running animation different like shadow skating?
No bone viewer yet. Next version.

In other news, it keeps freezing.
It may be caused by a bug in the animation decoder. Please be patient.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
My problem is resolved, mu_menumain and info work flawlessly now... lol. compression guys, compression.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Kryal, I know that you have a lot of things to do for the next version, but could you please make the animation viewer first priority. You've kind of left us all in suspense with the only way of viewing animations being to test them on the game.
No need to put pressure on Kryal; if he left us with BrawlBox as it currently is, we'd still be greatly indebted to him.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Alright; could some very nice and awesome person PM me explicit, clear instructions on how to give someone a different animation.

IE; give pikachu, jigglypuff's back air animation (i know it'll do weird stuff with the body shape, i don't care)
and then could you tell me something that would work better than jiggs bair lol

THANK YOU to anyone who does this.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
There aren't any bones connecting the knuckles to the fingertips. The polygon is what fills that in. The rotation of the end node determines the transform for the polygon. It's hard to determine the length because that's all up to the polygon. In the end, there would be a direction indicator on the node itself, and you'll have to use the polygon for the rest.
Sorry, yes, that's what I was trying to say, I wasn't sure of all the 3D modeling terms. I wasn't sure how to explain it...
But what I mean is, is there any way you could display the angles somehow instead of just dots for bone points and lines for the connections between bones? If the points had a small indicator showing which direction they where facing or something... It wouldn't be useful for bones with connectors on both ends, but for ending bones, it would be nice to be able to see what direction it's facing.

Sorry for bothering you about this x_x...

EDIT:

Something like this:

havac

Smash Cadet
can I use this to swap character models with trophy models? If so what files do I swap and do I rename any?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
can I use this to swap character models with trophy models? If so what files do I swap and do I rename any?
You can't because trophies don't have bones. Assist trophies have bones, but it's a pain to edit them over to another character.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is great! It'll take an animation/model previewer to really take this off the ground, though - trying to edit an animation and have to check it on the game to see it makes things REALLY slow...

Also, are the translation/rotation parts relative to their normal T-pose positions, relative to the parts they are connected to, or are they based on absolute distances and rotation? (That is to say, if everything is set at zero, do you get a T-stance or a ball of body parts? I would have thought they were relative, but then moveset swaps shouldn't resize the character... right?)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Wow, this is great! It'll take an animation/model previewer to really take this off the ground, though - trying to edit an animation and have to check it on the game to see it makes things REALLY slow...

Also, are the translation/rotation parts relative to their normal T-pose positions, relative to the parts they are connected to, or are they based on absolute distances and rotation? (That is to say, if everything is set at zero, do you get a T-stance or a ball of body parts? I would have thought they were relative, but then moveset swaps shouldn't resize the character... right?)
Exactly. So I'm thinking ball of body parts.

Kryal

Smash Ace

Every bone transform is relative to the current bone, not absolute. A change in one bone affects all child bones in the tree.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey, i think i found data for a BETA stage! I was browsing my new Fancy Pantsy Brawl ISO ( :) )
And i was looking through the Module folder and i found a file called "st_otrain.rel". I think its a stage :p
But what do you think its from?

Untouch

Smash Master
Hey, i think i found data for a BETA stage! I was browsing my new Fancy Pantsy Brawl ISO ( :) )
And i was looking through the Module folder and i found a file called "st_otrain.rel". I think its a stage :p
But what do you think its from?
Online Training

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Oh.... Nevr mind. Why did i find Mario's Icon From Melee inside the Result's Screen?

Nintendo is really being..... wierd.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
OMG! I also found a Real Stock icon for GIGA BOWSER. It says "BOSS1" And behind it its Giga Bowser!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
About this, do you delete bones that aren't needed or add bones that are needed. Or can you just give me a link to a place that tells what to do so that I can stop asking here.
You can't add bones. We have to wait until Pharrox comes out with the injector because the only way to give them bones is to rig them to another characters bones.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Perhaps something along the lines of replacing the movie at the beginning of the game to something that'only 2 seconds long? Like Falcon saying "YEZ!" then we get to the title screen? Its unecessary for a file to load that EVERYONE skips, and the loading time is ridiculous. ammirite?

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Who knows. hey where are the VC Games stored?
in the last few partitions, 2 to 13... 1 in each

partition2 = VCgame [HA8E](1)()
partition3 = VCgame [HA9E](1)()
partition4 = VCgame [HBAE](1)()
partition5 = VCgame [HBBE](1)()
partition6 = VCgame [HBCE](1)()
partition7 = VCgame [HBDE](1)()
partition8 = VCgame [HBEE](1)()
partition9 = VCgame [HBFE](1)()
partition9 = VCgame [HBFE](1)()
partition10 = VCgame [HBGE](1)()
partition11 = VCgame [HBIE](1)()
partition12 = VCgame [HBKE](1)(Ocarina US Partition)
partition13 = VCgame [HBLE](1)(StarFox US Partition)

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps something along the lines of replacing the movie at the beginning of the game to something that'only 2 seconds long? Like Falcon saying "YEZ!" then we get to the title screen? Its unecessary for a file to load that EVERYONE skips, and the loading time is ridiculous. ammirite?
yes i would love to change video , ...edit and replace

if you find a program to alter/edit so i can replace the .thp please let me now

i am looking to no avail.

thanx

Dracs

Smash Rookie
Great programme.
Thanks a lot.

I dont know if others people got that, but I couldn't "save..." file (only "save as..." worked, leaving the files uncompressed).
When I tried, I got "This process cannot access etc...".
Like Windows didn't let BrawlBox access the file.
I manage to save by using the programm Unlocker and then save.
But if this could help people who have the same problem...

shanus

Smash Hero
Putting a minor request in here which I hope someone can help with:

Can someone give ROB animations for SpecialFall, SpecialFallF, and SpecialFallB using his Stepfall animation (when he is footstooled).

Additionally, can someone give him a specialfalllandlag animation using his animation for LandingHeavy?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Putting a minor request in here which I hope someone can help with:

Can someone give ROB animations for SpecialFall, SpecialFallF, and SpecialFallB using his Stepfall animation (when he is footstooled).

Additionally, can someone give him a specialfalllandlag animation using his animation for LandingHeavy?
Here you go!

http://www.mediafire.com/?gztnwnnmwny

Didn't test it, because that'd require editing a moveset to test (and I should be studying instead <.<) but I can't imagine how it wouldn't work.

shukakusand

Smash Rookie
yes i would love to change video , ...edit and replace

if you find a program to alter/edit so i can replace the .thp please let me now

i am looking to no avail.

thanx
There's one in Nintendo SDK and I made a couple of .thp files.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So. I was looking for stage spawn points and found them at in ModelData[100] > StagePosition > Bones > Rebirth*#/Player*#.

Then I thought the X,Y,Z coordinates were in the translation tab.

I modified it and then tested it on a SSE stage( the third stage AA did)and I successfully fixed the spawn points.

This means you can easily mod blast zones, entry points, revival platform points, and camera limits.

Thanks Brawlbox.

Spread the word!

Untouch

Smash Master
So. I was looking for stage spawn points and found them at in ModelData[100] > StagePosition > Bones > Rebirth*#/Player*#.

Then I thought the X,Y,Z coordinates were in the translation tab.

I modified it and then tested it on a SSE stage( the third stage AA did)and I successfully fixed the spawn points.

This means you can easily mod blast zones, entry points, revival platform points, and camera limits.

Thanks Brawlbox.

Spread the word!
Fixed mushroom kingdom confirmed.

Top Bottom