• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I thought the SE were brstm, not bsar :U
...Huh? Sound effects? Brstm? If that were the case, the only thing we'd have left to do would be importing models, and so many people wouldn't be so annoyed with Roy having Marth's unmanly voice. XD

Yeah, they're in the BRSAR.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Image that would make people mad if I quoted.
BSZ isn't the only one working on Mewtwo, except mine isn't using animations to resize, ive been vertex hacking all day lol. Yes, i do have the texture, but brawl box did'nt show the freatures well with lack of shading
the face is nowhere near complete
Yes. This is perfect. Well, not the current model of course, but the extent that we can vertex hack. Now I have to learn how to do this.

So...to do list for me:

Finish ZSS stage, learn vertex hacking, learn how to use PSA properly, and make a character. Simple enough, right? :laugh:

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
[Insert win here]
BSZ isn't the only one working on Mewtwo, except mine isn't using animations to resize, ive been vertex hacking all day lol. Yes, i do have the texture, but brawl box did'nt show the freatures well with lack of shading
the face is nowhere near complete
NO. We need a DL. I don't care that he's not done, as long as his head looks a tad like Mewtwo, I'll gladly use him. Also, I'll see if I can fix the texture to match it. PWEEAASE? :3

AND THE DREADED 'LOCKS ARE GONE

pokelover980

Smash Ace
...Huh? Sound effects? Brstm? If that were the case, the only thing we'd have left to do would be importing models, and so many people wouldn't be so annoyed with Roy having Marth's unmanly voice. XD

Yeah, they're in the BRSAR.
****, I knew I was thinking of something else :U

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol, way to go to destroy my update!

Joking. :p

Well, I was thinking about doing what you have done too, but I wanted to get on animations first. I will work on vertices too, though. Perhaps we could compare both versions and use the best one, and maybe work cooperatively on Mewtwo?

Tylerelyt

Smash Apprentice
YES! I have now gotten to the point of getting all the sound effects out of Brawl. Now I just need to replace, and repack.

For anyone wondering...This file will unpack the individual sound effects from the .brsar, and drop them in "C:\Documents and Settings\(Account name)" in .wav format. From there, you can put them in, but repacking is not available at the moment. I'm hoping there's a file somewhere. *goes back to google*

...must...beat...Vile...DX

Edit:Oh, and the sound effects that the wind replaced, when you get hit hard or whatever...they're in there. So, theoretically, with PSA, you could just put them in. Because I know people wanted that.

Edit2:And Here it's been done, except not in Brawl. Unfortunately, I don't have an Iso of Brawl, and I'm too lazy to get one, so I can't try this. However, if someone wants to instead of waiting for Vile, be my guest.

Edit (Lol, too many):Or, if someone could find a wav to rwav converter, we'd be set with BrawlBox. But that's all I'm saying.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I've been trying to do this with animations, but to no avail. Could somebody make Link without his cap? I don't mean delete his hat, but edit it so it looks somewhat like hair. I doubt this can be done without vertex editing though.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
BigShark is working on that. He is making TL's hat into Tetra's hair. I figure he should be able to do the same with Link.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Lol, way to go to destroy my update!

Joking. :p

Well, I was thinking about doing what you have done too, but I wanted to get on animations first. I will work on vertices too, though. Perhaps we could compare both versions and use the best one, and maybe work cooperatively on Mewtwo?
Well, im going to hack som animations afterwards, mainly his bones to hold items, and throws. they will be psychic throws like in melee, and items will float infront of him.

And no DL yet, I need to fix the face because the head is only like that when his eyes are closed so far... which reminds me, i need to fix melee falco too.
anyways BSZ, PM me, and we'll se what we can get done

(with texture i made myself)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I see nice Mewtwo's going around. You should see the Project Mewtwo thread and check out the latest post (mine) and check out my Lucario animation that has him floating while he runs like Mewtwo. I only have one problem with it, he lags when he runs floats, could someone check it out and see what's wrong?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
DUEAUAGH
OMFG
Yeah, there was a little mishap with one of my Kirby textures. I swapped Kirby's Falco hat with Kirby's original model, I made a custom texture for it and... yergh... nyeeeh...

[insert picture here after I find out how to turn brawl snapshots into image files *hinthint*]

He looked like a cracked eggshell. It looked absolutely fine in Brawlbox:

(an original character by the way)
But looked messed up in-game.
Halp would be nice.

EDIT: His whole body only appears in-game when he's double jumping. And not even all of it shows up. His left arm is missing.
That model ONLY works if the file is named FitKirbyFalco##.pac.

There are 6 Kirby Hat textures that do affect Kirby's model, but the models are irreplaceable. Nice try though.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
There's something about these pictures that just make me feel happy. In the other room that song's on "let's get together and feel alright"

Anyways, Kryal. I don't know if this has been adressed yet: when you delete frame 1 of an animation it gets all messed up. To fix this, make it check if the frame being deleted is frame 1. If it is, keyframe everything in frame 2 and then delete frame 1.

Click on it
Incase you didn't notice this the first time (because this thread get cluttered fast), I still think this is a good idea!

n64billy

Smash Ace
There's something about these pictures that just make me feel happy.
Hehe, thanks. If only I knew how to make collisions for water, but for some reason no one seems to be paying attention. These threads move fast and it's easy to be overlooked.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
people have found the answer to my question a long time ago. why aren't you answering me?
Only a select few people know how to do what you're asking. In fact, I think it was only first done about 3 days ago. So, please be patient.

@n64billy: I'm not sure even PW knows how to make water collisions yet.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Only a select few people know how to do what you're asking. In fact, I think it was only first done about 3 days ago. So, please be patient.

@n64billy: I'm not sure even PW knows how to make water collisions yet.
wait, what? cars taken out of PTAD was done a while ago. same with the blocks on Green Greens and the klaptrap from JJ. whats this "days" stuff?

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Hehe, thanks. If only I knew how to make collisions for water, but for some reason no one seems to be paying attention. These threads move fast and it's easy to be overlooked.
I think we need 2 3 threads to handle all these posts.

1. Strictly for BrawlBox feedback, glitch reports and suggestions.

2. Post your random BrawlBox crap & Discussion.

3. "how do I an animation?" etc. BrawlBox Q&A/Help thread.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I think we need 2 3 threads to handle all these posts.

1. Strictly for feedback, glitch reports and suggestions.

2. Post your random BrawlBox crap. & Discussion

3. "how do I an animation?" etc. Q&A/Help thread.
1. Use this topic for that, lol

2. I know we had the Brawl Model Workshop, whatever happened to that?! Unless I've got my threads wrong.

3. If someone wants to create and manage a thread for this, I'm fine with this.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
wait, what? cars taken out of PTAD was done a while ago. same with the blocks on Green Greens and the klaptrap from JJ. whats this "days" stuff?
I know that the cars were removed by changing their animation so that they didn't move... I suspect Green Greens blocks and Klaptrap were removed in the same way. If the thing you're trying to manipulate something with an animation, you can just teleportal it to a distant corner of the map and you should be good.

Otherwise, it gets difficult. What I was referring to was Jack H. and Stickman over at KC:MM forums removed the platforms from Battlefield.

Link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=4592.405

It's a complicated thing to remove collisions and polygons and whatnot.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
1. Use this topic for that, lol

2. I know we had the Brawl Model Workshop, whatever happened to that?! Unless I've got my threads wrong.

3. If someone wants to create and manage a thread for this, I'm fine with this.
1. Nothing to add.

2. The Model Workshop was very strict in NO BrawlBox talk. I think.

3. I'll do this, unless someone is already doing it right now.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Here's my progress so far, on Mewtwo. I've been working on this single frame for 2/3 hours. It's still not done.

Also, I'll be working with Fortwaffles on this.

This picture is so epic it doesn't need to be thumbnailed!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
1. Nothing to add.

2. The Model Workshop was very strict in NO BrawlBox talk. I think.

3. I'll do this, unless someone is already doing it right now.
Well, if anyone wants to make a topic for #2 as well, be my guest.

I'm hoping some big changes that might be coming soon will satisfy a lot of people though.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Forget Captain Falcon. MEWTWO is the manliest man in Smash bros now.
When can we see a Download? I mean, if that's okay with Mewtwo of course.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I know, it's amazing and all but... seriously, that looks disgusting. I mean no offense whatsoever. I'm glad elderly, filthy, malnourished Mewtwo is in Brawl. It's probably just the texture that makes it look that way. Maybe. Sorry.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
it is possibly to switch eye texture in battle?
I mean. I you see all pikachus eye texture, you will see "his standard eye", "angry eye", "closed eye" and so on and depend which animations he has, the texture will change to it.
how can I make it work on a custom model?
many pokemon (hoppip, dugtrio, weavile and so on) has those texture but they only use the "main eye" texture.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Can't you change which texture they use with the animations? Well....just ignore me, I haven't touched the animations yet.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Here's my progress so far, on Mewtwo. I've been working on this single frame for 2/3 hours. It's still not done.

Also, I'll be working with Fortwaffles on this.

This picture is so epic it doesn't need to be thumbnailed!

The mapping on the legs could need work; in fact, I'd make the shape of the legs bigger, too. You know. More curves.

Keep it up, BigShark.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
a couple questions:through BBox, how would i go about A) moving stage objects, B) adjusting stage boundaries, C) move camera center, and D) adjust (re)spawn points?

Top Bottom