• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Srsly. I'm trying to change it right now, and I'd really like to know.
If that's directed at anyone in particular then that person may not be online. You can't expect people to be waiting on the forum so you can ask them a question. When you first open the preview window for a model, the model will be in the T stance. If you've clicked on an animation, click on the animation list (any of the white area that isn't text) to make the character T stance. Changing the T stance may not work the way you are hoping however: when you modify a bone this way and that bone reaches a key frame in an animation, the bone will translate/rotate/scale the way it normally would, undoing your modifications for the rest of the animation.

Eventually we may have a model editor that applies bone transformations to all animations - like the partial size mod but without codes (and far less tedious). I'm not saying anyone is working on such a model editor. But wouldn't it be nice?

Kryal, I just had an interesting idea regarding copying and pasting (for individual bones not entire poses) that would make it faster and allow you to copy and paste between instances of brawlbox. This is what I'm thinking:

When you press Control+C or click copy, brawlbox writes data to the clipboard in a specific format.
Lets say this data is under Transform Frame:
Code:
Translation X: 0
Translation Y: 1
Translation Z: 2
RotationX: 10
RotationX: 20
RotationX: 30
Scale X: 1.25
Scale Y: 1.5
Scale Z: 1.75
This is what brawlbox would write to the clipboard. "0/1/2/10/20/30/1.25/1.5/1.75"

When you press Control+V or click paste, brawlbox parses the string and places the numbers into the appropriate input boxes. If the string isn't in the correct format (has letters or symbols or less than 8 forward slashes) then nothing happens. I don't know if forward slashes would cause a problem... I seem to remember that they have to do with special things like indents and tabs. You could just use some other symbol or letter if it's a problem.

Also, an undo feature would be nice. It doesn't even have to be that many, a single undo would do.

Kryal

Smash Ace
psst, kryal I'm here to prevent triple post so you can respond to my question. :V
Changing the bind pose (T stance) is not recommended. Vertices are weighted and will distort. In addition, the animations will override any bone changes as they are played.

The title of the animation is starfox00space. The total number of frames it has is 3600.
My desire is to allow the background to rotate slowly and I changed the x axis on frame 3600 to -360 so that it loops. But it does not seem to do it after being reopened, even when I played the animation and it was perfect before.

Here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?dmnvlzny5mf
Found the problem. Just doesn't like large animation sequences! Thanks Marshall!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm new to BrawlBox, sorry if this is the wrong place...

Where can I find out information about certain Articles? The article in mind is Peach's Article 2 which is her Turnip. I've been able view her other two articles (Parasol and Toad) and preview their animations for example absolutely fine but I can't find her actual Turnips that she plucks up anywhere in either her FitPeachPac or FitPeachMotionPac despite finding the earth that appears when she plucks them out

They aren't in the ItemCommon thingy w/e either. I thought all the articles of a character were in their FitMotionPac or FitPac

So yea, anyone know where they are and if I could view them via BrawlBox. This is linking to my attempting to find a pattern in her Down Special pulls soooo it'd be nice if I could actually find the Article she pulls up xD
Seriously though, where are her actual Turnips? I can't find them anywhere, they don't even seem to have Model data or Texture data dedicated to them in Peach's MotionPac

I thought a characters articles were loaded with the character? I'm confused because both her Parasol and Toad are there but not the Turnips... so yea how do I view the actual Turnips that she pulls up in BrawlBox?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Seriously though, where are her actual Turnips? I can't find them anywhere, they don't even seem to have Model data or Texture data dedicated to them in Peach's MotionPac

I thought a characters articles were loaded with the character? I'm confused because both her Parasol and Toad are there but not the Turnips... so yea how do I view the actual Turnips that she pulls up in BrawlBox?
Have you tried the 00.pac?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Found the problem. Just doesn't like large animation sequences! Thanks Marshall!
Your welcome. So I would need to wait for a new version, huh? At least I know what happened. ;)

Oh, and another. I tried animating Ridley on Ridley destination. He as well had probably 3600 frames. I changed them a bit, reopened, and he animated for only 45 frames.

EDIT: Wait, would I not just be able to lower the total amount of frames for it to work. Say, about 360 frames?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
@Piks

Bottle on hand = Almost looks like gun + New texture = Quote's new Gun.

amidoinitrite?
Almost. I'm actually using it for a separate project actually, haha.

It would make a **** good Fireball/Nemesis though, so I'll probably end up using this for both hacks.

those ideas you came up with are awesome btw

Eldiran

Smash Lord

I believe Turnips are a common item, found in common3.pac.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well how am I supposed to get the MenSelchrFaceB files to work from BrawlBox? I don't feel like converting all of my images to .TGA for stupid CUPASH. Would simply creating a new BRRES node, adding all of the needed texture files, and renaming it to MenSelchrFaceB020.brres work?
One thing that you can do is look inside the archive, char_bust_tex_lz77; it's inside the archive, sc_selcharacter.

For Link's portraits, you need to look for the BRRES archive, MiscData[2]. Export that archive, and then open it. Replace the portrait files, remove the compression, and then save the file.

If all goes well, your Link portraits should work on the results screen.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Have you tried the 00.pac?
Yup, previewed Pink Peach doing all her moves but couldn't find the Turnips there

I believe Turnips are a common item, found in common3.pac.
Ah thankyou but...I can't find that pac anywhere :x Could anyone give me directions as to where I could find it?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ahhh I was looking in the wrong folder xD I'm so useless, cheers

Ok another question, I found Peach's Turnips (named Daikon which again is Japanese for a radish...who named all the stuff in BrawlBox? Just curious since Peach has all her articles in their japanese names) and I've found all the related stuff for it

However, she only has one Model data (ItmPeachDaikon) and upon previewing it, it shows the model of an ordinary smiley face Turnip whereas in her Texture data, she has 8 different textures for the 8 different faces of the types of Turnips she can pull

So I'm a bit confused, does this mean that Peach uses the same model for every kind of Turnip pulled but with a different texture slapped on it? How does the game alter the damage that different ones deal (i.e. dot face and Stitchface?) if they're seemingly all the same since there doesn't seem to be any difference in data between the 8 textures?

Also, is there a way to find out when a certain texture is applied to a certain model? It would be great if I could find out when say the Stitchface texture is used because therefore a Stitchface would be pulled up

If anyone could help look into this for me I'd reaaaally appreciate it ^^

n64billy

Smash Ace
Ahhh I was looking in the wrong folder xD I'm so useless, cheers

Ok another question, I found Peach's Turnips (named Daikon which again is Japanese for a radish...who named all the stuff in BrawlBox? Just curious since Peach has all her articles in their japanese names) and I've found all the related stuff for it

However, she only has one Model data (ItmPeachDaikon) and upon previewing it, it shows the model of an ordinary smiley face Turnip whereas in her Texture data, she has 8 different textures for the 8 different faces of the types of Turnips she can pull

So I'm a bit confused, does this mean that Peach uses the same model for every kind of Turnip pulled but with a different texture slapped on it? How does the game alter the damage that different ones deal (i.e. dot face and Stitchface?) if they're seemingly all the same since there doesn't seem to be any difference in data between the 8 textures?

Also, is there a way to find out when a certain texture is applied to a certain model? It would be great if I could find out when say the Stitchface texture is used because therefore a Stitchface would be pulled up

If anyone could help look into this for me I'd reaaaally appreciate it ^^
First off, Brawl was originally began development in Nintedo Japan, so it's obvious that there will be Japanese names.

The game uses a randomisation mechanic to choose which turnip to pull out, with the elusive grandpa turnip as I know it being the rarest of them all. When peach pulls out a turnip, I imagine the game to be acting like this...

Turnip Factory said:
"Oh crap! Peach pulled out another turnip, quick grab a turnip!"
"But what sort of turnip should it be?"
"Just give her the smiley face one"
-- The factory sets the turnip to regular damage and puts the smileyface on top --
"There, just send it up through the ground before the game screws up!"
That makes no sense, but I like making up stories :laugh:

Data is not in the texture, the texture is in the data. Think of of the turnips as if they were coloured balls. Each ball is the same shape and size, therefore only one model is needed. There are 8 different balls, so we make 8 textures to suit each one. One ball is made of wood, so wooden properties are given to a ball (model) with a wooden texture on top (texture). Another ball is made of stone, so in its properties, it is much heavier and stronger. Those stone properties are given to a ball with a stone texture on top.

Making sense yet?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
First off, Brawl was originally began development in Nintedo Japan, so it's obvious that there will be Japanese names.

The game uses a randomisation mechanic to choose which turnip to pull out, with the elusive grandpa turnip as I know it being the rarest of them all. When peach pulls out a turnip, I imagine the game to be acting like this...

That makes no sense, but I like making up stories :laugh:

Data is not in the texture, the texture is in the data. Think of of the turnips as if they were coloured balls. Each ball is the same shape and size, therefore only one model is needed. There are 8 different balls, so we make 8 textures to suit each one. One ball is made of wood, so wooden properties are given to a ball (model) with a wooden texture on top (texture). Another ball is made of stone, so in its properties, it is much heavier and stronger. Those stone properties are given to a ball with a stone texture on top.

Making sense yet?
Ahh of course yes, I just found it strange that other characters have their articles in English and Peach's not...oh well, it doesn't really matter so long as they're there xD

And I liked the story :p

The explanation is excellent, tyvm. Is the randomisation this 'If Compare: RA-Basic[2] <- 1, Generate Article: 2' thing that's in the PSA?

If texture is in the data, where is the data? (Bit of a daft question I know) Would this data contain the properties such as knockback for each Turnip?

What I find strange is how the Dojo website said that she has a 1/58 chance of pulling up the Stitchface but the Generate Article 2 in the PSA doesn't seem to give any indication to different types of Turnips

It is all making sense though...I think...do continue :p

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
@Mackorony - If its the title screen your trying to get work it has to be named sc_title.pac and it has to be in private/wii/app/rsbe (or rsbp for pal)/pfmenu2
Thanks. I hate it how brawl has double instances all over the iso. :dizzy:

Edit: Well I tried that file and named it a whole bunch of different things and it still doesn't work. I know that the file replacement codes are working because my custom strap screen comes on every time. Not sure what is wrong and I triple checked the file names and folder names. is the file supposed to be in "pfmenu2"? I put it in private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2.

Edit2: Never mind I got it. It goes in ...RSBE\pfmenu2\. Thanks for the help ;)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Quick question about the BRSTM Converter...what formats does it support for convertions? It wouldn't recognize mp3's...

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
Quick question about the BRSTM Converter...what formats does it support for convertions? It wouldn't recognize mp3's...
Try CDex, it converts MP3 to WAV and still keep the same size as the MP3 file.

Go to Convert -> Add RIFF-WAV(s) header to MP2 or MP3 file(s), select your MP3 file and click Convert.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice

Essentially, this is my rendition of a three-dimensional hyper sonic. Of course he doesn't glow different colors, but....who cares? And yes, he does look like a certain saiyan who's name shall never be mentioned around here :mad088:.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I got a question that relates to Snake in SSBB. I'm kinda a big fan with MGS and SSBB and I have noticed over time that Snake dosn't have ALL of his weapons from MGS. Is it possible to have a small screen next to Snake's picture when you select him on the CSS that says: Customize Moves. When you click on that, it opens up and allows you to change Snake's moves, such as his frag grenade to his silenced pistol or his remote controlled missle to an RPG. Could this be done with enough programming with BrawlBox?

Oh, it would be cool to change one of his taunts to him smoking a cigaratte that can light opponents on fire. :)

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
I got a question that relates to Snake in SSBB. I'm kinda a big fan with MGS and SSBB and I have noticed over time that Snake dosn't have ALL of his weapons from MGS. Is it possible to have a small screen next to Snake's picture when you select him on the CSS that says: Customize Moves. When you click on that, it opens up and allows you to change Snake's moves, such as his frag grenade to his silenced pistol or his remote controlled missle to an RPG. Could this be done with enough programming with BrawlBox?

Oh, it would be cool to change one of his taunts to him smoking a cigaratte that can light opponents on fire. :)
You are thinkin' WAY out of our current range buddy.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord

Er...you can make various pacs of different combinations and use this code by Almas for this.

But yeah, other than that code we can't really even come close to doing anything like that.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
diff models

ok so seeing this is a humongous thread with many talented people
im just wondering if the next release OR anyone who wants to tweek it
will include opening mdl0's from other games
view my current discussion here
if anyone has any ideas PLEASE POST! :chuckle:

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
http://www.mediafire.com/?u1zg2im1jlk

This is Hyper Sonic. Please note that I did keep his spines stiff on purpose. The idea of Hyper Sonic is that his power pushes his spines in such a manner that they jump out instead of bend up with littler power, like Super Sonic.

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
I'm having some trouble with some animations. I'm trying to change Pit's forward smash movement and I want it to move him forward, but if I try changing the TransN node, the game will recognize it moving forward, but then snapback occurs. I checked by turning on a player name and as Pit moves forward, the name indicator stays in place, then he snaps back. How do I fix this?

I looked at Fox's forward smash and his TransN moves forward and the game recognizes it fine. Why is it different for Pit?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I'm having some trouble with some animations. I'm trying to change Pit's forward smash movement and I want it to move him forward, but if I try changing the TransN node, the game will recognize it moving forward, but then snapback occurs. I checked by turning on a player name and as Pit moves forward, the name indicator stays in place, then he snaps back. How do I fix this?

I looked at Fox's forward smash and his TransN moves forward and the game recognizes it fine. Why is it different for Pit?
Try checking "Moves Character" in PSA.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
ok so seeing this is a humongous thread with many talented people
im just wondering if the next release OR anyone who wants to tweek it
will include opening mdl0's from other games
view my current discussion here
if anyone has any ideas PLEASE POST! :chuckle:
This is quite impossible, sorry to burst your huge , out of range, impossible bubble.
Brawlbox's coding is designed to open only SSBB files, and therefore the title is called BRAWLbox (herp-derp). And that would mean changing the whole program to open the files that the Melee ISO withholds. You CANNOT open any mdl0's from other games, because most, if not all, other games do not have file types Brawlbox can open (brres, pac, pcs, brstm, etc.). And if they do, Brawlbox still won't open because it is coded in a different way than Brawl.

No, You can not open files from Halo, You can not open files from FF7, Super Mario Sunshine, or MELEE. Dayum, you guys down at KCMM need to come to the Workshop more often. This is not possible, the topic you posted is not possible, viewing other game's model's with Brawlbox, NOT POSSIBLE. (I think Pokepark Wii files might be able to open, but we haven't had confirmation on that. Also, I'm in a bad mood. I rage every time I see a post like this.)

EDIT: I was bored with MS paint. Enjoy :\/. (NOTE: This image isn't to offend you piggybank. Honestly, I was extremely bored, don't worry, I'm not making fun of you. I'm just saying that it isn't possible. If the following image offends you, I will take it out immediately. It's what boredom does to me. :U)

(NOTE: This image isn't to offend you piggybank. Honestly, I was extremely bored, don't worry, I'm not making fun of you. I'm just saying that it isn't possible. If the following image offends you, I will take it out immediately. It's what boredom does to me. :U)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
This is quite impossible, sorry to burst your huge , out of range, impossible bubble.
Brawlbox's coding is designed to open only SSBB files, and therefore the title is called BRAWLbox (herp-derp). And that would mean changing the whole program to open the files that the Melee ISO withholds. You CANNOT open any mdl0's from other games, because most, if not all, other games do not have file types Brawlbox can open (brres, pac, pcs, brstm, etc.). And if they do, Brawlbox still won't open because it is coded in a different way than Brawl.

No, You can not open files from Halo, You can not open files from FF7, Super Mario Sunshine, or MELEE. Dayum, you guys down at KCMM need to come to the Workshop more often. This is not possible, the topic you posted is not possible, viewing other game's model's with Brawlbox, NOT POSSIBLE. (I think Pokepark Wii files might be able to open, but we haven't had confirmation on that. Also, I'm in a bad mood. I rage every time I see a post like this.)
Files of the same type as Brawl (such as Pokepark Wii) will open in BrawlBox, but you cannot view the model or export it. You can view the textures, though, but I don't think you can export them.

n64billy

Smash Ace
It is all making sense though...I think...do continue :p
That's all I've got :( I don't actually understand any of the coding, since I've only made a PSA once (A new Up Smash for Pikachu)

The story I made was just a guess to how it would/should work. You'll have to ask for someone elses help if you want to look into it further.... Sorry....:ohwell:

ds22

Smash Lord
Files of the same type as Brawl (such as Pokepark Wii) will open in BrawlBox, but you cannot view the model or export it. You can view the textures, though, but I don't think you can export them.
You can export the texture in most of the files, I tried it with some brres files from Naruto Shippuuden GNT EX3.
But true, you can't preview the model (you can however view the "folders" like bones inside the mdl0 part).

ds22

Smash Lord
Here's the trick.
Right click the mdl0 part when you first open the brres file and select "preview".
It will give you an error which you can dismiss.
Now you can view the folders inside the mdl0 part (that's what worked for me).

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That's all I've got :( I don't actually understand any of the coding, since I've only made a PSA once (A new Up Smash for Pikachu)

The story I made was just a guess to how it would/should work. You'll have to ask for someone elses help if you want to look into it further.... Sorry....:ohwell:
...Oh :/

So what you said was a guess? :x

I'm not even going to get started on her pulling up Bob-ombs, Beam Swords and Mr. Saturns...unless anyone knows how I could pull them consistantly in a normal match rather than Turnips? :p

Edit: Does anyone know where I could find something that explains terminology of BrawlBox? A lot of the stuff in it doesn't make any sense :/

Top Bottom