• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm going to take a wild guess and say you're using the back button... Don't do it. A spotty connection might cause it too, though, I suppose.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Boss pack update! 8D

First up is ROB Rocket. Here's a few things it will turn into during the fight.

That's not all! I finally put together a decent model for Bongo Bongo (whom, BTW, I apparently forgot to add to my sig). The texture isn't started yet, though.

And we're still not done. Someone else is joining the gang, compliments of mariokart64n...

And of course, what would a fight with the classic Ganondorf be without this?

Random fact about that Ganon; the horns (formerly tusks) are attached to his bottom jaw, so I had to move it up into his head to get them in place. The bottom jaw seen there is actually his tongue.

Alright, I think that covers it for now.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Boss pack update! 8D

First up is ROB Rocket. Here's a few things it will turn into during the fight.
*HAMMER*
*MAGNUS*
*BLADE*
*CANON*

That's not all! I finally put together a decent model for Bongo Bongo (whom, BTW, I apparently forgot to add to my sig). The texture isn't started yet, though.

*BONGO BONGO*

And we're still not done. Someone else is joining the gang, compliments of mariokart64n...

*MELEE GANONDORF*

*GANONBEAST*

Random fact about that Ganon; the horns (formerly tusks) are attached to his bottom jaw, so I had to move it up into his head to get them in place. The bottom jaw seen there is actually his tongue.

just... so...awesome 83

you can make "ROB ITEM" brawl with only rob as all items xD

SonicTHDark

Smash Cadet

*Epic Ganon*

Dat Ganon...

Fen__

Smash Ace
Razanak, you're pretty much obligated to convert them to a playable form after you finish this pack.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Really quick Bongo Bongo texture.

That's probably the end of updates for today. Unless I inexplicably get motivated to do more.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Not to be picky, but are the things around his head going to be made to look a little more flowery?

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
Wow those bosses
Faints from epicness*
I do have one question how do you plan on making them over the current bosses? last i knew boss psa could not be change so im intrested to see how this gets finished...

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Not to be picky, but are the things around his head going to be made to look a little more flowery?
The texture isn't done yet, this is just a beta. I'm planning to recruit a vertex hacker to make the models more accurate, so it's easier to not go all-out on the textures and find out later I need to change it anyway. It really just saves time.

Wow those bosses
Faints from epicness*
I do have one question how do you plan on making them over the current bosses? last i knew boss psa could not be change so im intrested to see how this gets finished...
I'm not. They go over normal characters.

DarkChris126

Smash Journeyman
wait razanak. i am confused. if the boss pack goes over normal characters. does that mean they will be playable.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I'm confused as well. I can fully see the idea of a "boss" pack just being really strong characters to play against (with hopefully modified AI?), but your comments before about whether or not you'd make them playable leaves me confused.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
O.o I thought it was going to be a boss mod, hence the name.
Fair enough.

wait razanak. i am confused. if the boss pack goes over normal characters. does that mean they will be playable.
They will. But some of them won't be usable outside of their stage, since they can't move; the exceptions being Majora, Ganondorf and Phantoon. Bongo Bongo, Bowser, Draygon and ROB Rocket won't be able to move or jump.

Each boss also has unique traits, and will be in one of two locations on the stage:

Middle ground - on the actual stage like a normal character; hence, they can be hit whenever they move within reach. (Majora, Ganondorf, Phantoon, Draygon, ROB Rocket)
Background - behind the stage. The character cannot be hit for the most part, but their attacks have excessive endlag so they can be hit. (Bongo Bongo, Bowser)

I can go into more specific details on each boss, but I don't want to clutter this board up any more than I have. I might throw out some more details tomorrow.

Mit

Smash Ace
Sorry if this isn't the best place, but this seems to be a general BrawlBox thread more or less.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what the revelation was that Mariokart64n had? And how exactly it works? Is that Mewtwo an actual model, or just an extremely well done vertex hack? Is it some vertex hack creating using a model? What about that Ganondorf?

Is what he discovered related to some Melee models finally being imported into Brawl? (I've seen some floating around, random giant objects with texture issues and whatnot)

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if this isn't the best place, but this seems to be a general BrawlBox thread more or less.

Anyways, can anyone tell me what the revelation was that Mariokart64n had? And how exactly it works? Is that Mewtwo an actual model, or just an extremely well done vertex hack? Is it some vertex hack creating using a model? What about that Ganondorf?

Is what he discovered related to some Melee models finally being imported into Brawl? (I've seen some floating around, random giant objects with texture issues and whatnot)
*sighs again*
Same questions being asked over and over.

Mewtwo and Melee Ganon were both really good vertex edits. Mariokart64n didn't discover anything new, he's just very experienced in model editing and expanded on the existing methods. A couple of tutorials (which have been around over a month now, yet people still don't know about it) on his new method can be found on the KC forums if you want to have an idea of what he did.

What you have been seeing lately with the imported models with the messed up textures has nothing to do with it.

Mit

Smash Ace
*sighs again*

Mewtwo and Melee Ganon were both really good vertex edits. Mariokart64n didn't discover anything new, he's just very experienced in model editing and expanded on the existing methods. A couple of tutorials (which have been around over a month now, yet people still don't know about it) on his new method can be found on the KC forums if you want to have an idea of what he did.

What you have been seeing lately with the imported models with the messed up textures has nothing to do with it.
Thanks for putting up with the same question :p But really, there's like nowhere to find that out...

But if I had known he was over at the KCMM forums then I would have. Thanks for letting me know. I'll now be keeping up with his thread. Pretty cool method of vertexing and I hope a lot more comes from it (from both him and other people).

And would anyone happen to know more about the imported Melee models? Like if anyone's actually going to be able to turn any of those stages into real, working stages within Brawl?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So did you just drop Shadow altogether?
I can't remember if I explained this here or at the New Character Archive, but either way, it's not completely gone. I'm avoiding doing model swaps now due to bone issues and whatnot. Plus, no one's doing bosses yet.

That happens a lot around here, doesn't it?

By the way, has anyone tried vertex hacking a stage yet?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Do you mean editing the vertices of a stage packaged with Brawl? I assume that's what you mean since people have definitely messed with the vertices of models imported for stages.

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
I wish the Scene Data in Brawl was a lot more flexible, cause I could really you disco lights and transitional lights on my new stage *sigh*

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Just bringing an update on the boss pack.

Look familiar?

Of course, it's not done. I need to add a few things and make an actual background. And is it just me, or am I working a lot more steadily on this than my other projects?

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice

*Clock town stage*

Look familiar?

Of course, it's not done. I need to add a few things and make an actual background. And is it just me, or am I working a lot more steadily on this than my other projects?
its to awesome for brawl but please tell me it is not replaceing luigis mansion

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So I got myself a copy of the European version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And the first thing I did was made it so that my Sandvich would work with said version (since the Common3.pac files between versions are NOT interchangable).

(Dolphin makes it look too bright, though... Wonder why?)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ez0xwjqzlyj

So, here you go, PAL users (such as TommoPuppy)!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace

Look familiar?

Is that my clock tower? Cuz the texture and model used for the clock looks exactly like that I used to make the clock tower i was working on....
I never finished it so im glad to see it's being done.
Did you want any assistance?

DARKSHADEDX

Smash Rookie

Look familiar?

Well if your continuing Ninkas clock tower I better give you the updated background I made:

http://i31.tinypic.com/15pplib.png

Made from IN GAME screenshots, Clock tower day 3.

these may help also:
I took these for Ninka so he could improve the texture:
http://i27.tinypic.com/18j780.png

I hope these are of use to you Raz.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Is that my clock tower? Cuz the texture and model used for the clock looks exactly like that I used to make the clock tower i was working on....
I never finished it so im glad to see it's being done.
Did you want any assistance?
Right, I forgot to credit you for that. Although, unless you can edit vertices, I won't need any help, thanks.

Well if your continuing Ninkas clock tower I better give you the updated background I made:

(links)

I hope these are of use to you Raz.
That should be useful. I could not find a decent sample of sky at all.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Idea:

(Jiggly+headband)

Experiments forthcoming...
KARATEPUFF!

Also, forgot to post this earlier.

inb4sayhellotomylittlefriend

Also, if someone here is experienced in vertex hacking Meta Knight and is willing to participate in this pack, there's something I need to discuss with you. I actually need a vertex hacker anyway for a few things, but this will make things easier in the long run.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
So I got myself a copy of the European version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And the first thing I did was made it so that my Sandvich would work with said version (since the Common3.pac files between versions are NOT interchangable).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/RandomTalkingBush/Brawl-EmulatedSandvich.png

(Dolphin makes it look too bright, though... Wonder why?)

http://www.mediafire.com/?ez0xwjqzlyj

So, here you go, PAL users (such as TommoPuppy)!
Dude. I love you.

KARATEPUFF!

Also, forgot to post this earlier.

http://i322.photobucket.com/albums/nn422/Razanak7/previewvulcan.jpg

inb4sayhellotomylittlefriend

Also, if someone here is experienced in vertex hacking Meta Knight and is willing to participate in this pack, there's something I need to discuss with you. I actually need a vertex hacker anyway for a few things, but this will make things easier in the long run.
I was thinking something more along the lines of the Heavy Weapons Guy.

Top Bottom