• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Roo525

Smash Ace
I have claimed this project now. I was worried for a moment...

It will get better, dont worry. I'll take suggestions though!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I have claimed this project now. I was worried for a moment...

It will get better, dont worry. I'll take suggestions though!
I'm head of psa for this project once the model is done so does anyone want to help out with it?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

Ho ho ho..I'm such an evil boy..

*starts running away while shouting 95% for no explained reason many times*

n64billy

Smash Ace
Gee Bigshark is it Lucario

Wow, you're the only one on the entire page that got it right :p

(Trolls don't be hatin', I know it's Lucario vertexed into Mewtwo)

When you think about it now, you're probably the smartest person on the internet...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, everyone's orgasming at the moment, right? You want a release, right? Well, I need one thing. It's related to the PSA. If anyone could make it so two graphic effects show on certain animations (Just a few), I'll release it. It's really the last thing I need, and apparently it's not hard. I've asked many people to do it, but either they can't because they're busy or away somewhere, or they don't do PSA. I myself tried but it resulted in a fail. If anyone's up to the challenge (Not really), please tell me here.

Here's the link to the PSA with my two head models.

http://rapidshare.com/files/379091356/FitLucario.pac.html

Basically, I want the head models to go on animations which has Lucario with eyes half-closed, closed, or hurt. Since I deleted those polygons, when they try to show up in-game, they lag. It was either that, or Mewtwo with normal ears on some animations. So..yeah, for an example, when Lucario trips, his eyes close, but since the polygon of Lucario's ears that go with the polygon with Lucario's closed eyes is deleted, that polygon doesn't show up, so it lags for a slight second. So, a graphic effect should be called so the main head model shows up, along with the closed eyes one.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
...JOIN ME MEWTWO, AND I WILL MAKE YOUR FACE THE GREATEST IN CORADIE...OR ELSE YOU WILL DIE!!!
*mewtwo summons the chains*
THE CHAINS!!?!? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11ELEVEN1111ONE111!!!
YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME!!!
Mewtwo: I beg to differ *wink*

Back on topic: maybe you should ask DD for his current Mewtwo PSA and ask f he FINALLY wants to help with this.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
@bigsharkz im guessing you added some custom animations also i would try to help with the whole head problem on mewtwo but im not sure how i just started psa hacking recently so Im not sure i could do it.

ds22

Smash Lord
@bigsharkz im guessing you added some custom animations also i would try to help with the whole head problem on mewtwo but im not sure how i just started psa hacking recently so Im not sure i could do it.
Way ahead of you:
Couldn't that be done in a hex editor (making sure though that the polygons have the same size)?
EDIT: Scrap that idea.
I'll try to edit the .vis0 files and see what happens.
EDIT2: SUCCESS!
The .vis0 files indeed manage the head switching.
EDIT3: Here is the edited FitMotionEtc.pac (from the latest mewtwo PSA):
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2im5izwgmh
Now his head will always have the same ears. :)
EDIT4: I forgot to edit 2 animations.
Here is the fixed version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmnyyymz1z

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I saw a Jeff vertex hack a couple pages back. Mr. Chuy posted it?

Anyway, did he get permission from the creator to release it? It looks heavenly, and would go especially well with the Mewtwo2000's Fourside stage. :D

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey, I saw a Jeff vertex hack a couple pages back. Mr. Chuy posted it?

Anyway, did he get permission from the creator to release it? It looks heavenly, and would go especially well with the Mewtwo2000's Fourside stage. :D
No i have not yet because i can't seem to find the pm or the thread that i helped answer one of his question in
But i just might release it anyway
But if i do i will release it with fourside :p

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Having a match with Poo, Ness and Jeff on Fourside would be like a dream come true. :'D

Over-exaggerating here, but it would still be cool.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
WTF - BOOOOOOOOOM!

(BigSharkZ laughs maniacally as Mewtwo incinerates the ESH website with his awesomeness)

On another note, I'm thankful you didn't hold back from taking snapshots.

camelot

Smash Ace
I can honestly say that the Mewtwo vertex edit feels... incomplete.

Aside from its "ears" being a bit lopsided, and the tail very noticeably having a chunk sticking out from the bottom of its base during certain animations (jump/fall animations in particular), it suffers from the same problem that most vertex edits/model imports do. That is, their quality doesn't "fit" with Brawl's.

Look at these two edits.

Granted, they are from DasDonkey Team, but that's not the point. The point is, they look good enough to fit in with Brawl's highly detailed characters.

Let's all be honest here -- no amount of vertex editing on Lucario is going to yield a Mewtwo that fits in with Brawl's character quality... but, for how this turnout was, even if it's not "finished", the amount of hype over it seems unwarranted. I admit, I was expecting it to be better.

This entire post wouldn't have existed if a teaser was never shown.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
complaining
seriously, there's no model importing in brawl. BSZ had just made lucario look nearly exactly like mewtwo. that's quite a feat.

Wii, Akari_Un, and Johnlcb are some of the highest quality texture hackers around and do their own things, so you shouldn't compare them to any of the work done by other people.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I can honestly say that the Mewtwo vertex edit feels... incomplete.

Aside from its "ears" being a bit lopsided, and the tail very noticeably having a chunk sticking out from the bottom of its base during certain animations (jump/fall animations in particular), it suffers from the same problem that most vertex edits/model imports do. That is, their quality doesn't "fit" with Brawl's.

Look at these two edits.

Granted, they are from DasDonkey Team, but that's not the point. The point is, they look good enough to fit in with Brawl's highly detailed characters.

Let's all be honest here -- no amount of vertex editing on Lucario is going to yield a Mewtwo that fits in with Brawl's character quality... but, for how this turnout was, even if it's not "finished", the amount of hype over it seems unwarranted. I admit, I was expecting it to be better.

This entire post wouldn't have existed if a teaser was never shown.
Look, you would understand that they are limits with vertex hacking. If you did not know, his ears are INSIDE his head, and it took me forever to get them like how they are right now. But, I guess we all have different opinions. Just try making your own Mewtwo, and see how hard it is. I really should explain this to people who still are complaining, because this is no easy work, not at all. Plus, the original texture was made by S. from Stack Smash, and he's talented. I don't see how it could be better than that.

Top Bottom