• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl wins a Trophy

Kor

Smash Apprentice
He was in the most recent DK: King of Swing game on the DS.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Thats beacause Pikimin was relesed the same day as melle there was no way they could put Olmair in Melle at that time. Now stop preventing the anetable:

Olmairs In Bawl!

Also Tingle=Confirmed Cell Shaded Link.:):):)
I honestly can't tell if you're kidding or not.

If not, you're incredible.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Sweet! Trophies are back in Brawl! Take that, people who thought that stickers would replace trophies! I liked reading the descriptions of the trophies and looking at them if they're good. I'm just glad that Sakurai has given many of us another chance to do that in Brawl.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
So far, I think this is the best update yet (unless tomorrow they add a metroid update). I was just thinking about this too, but if they kept the trophies from melee, wouldn't that mean that there will be like 600 to 700 trophies? That's awesome.:chuckle:
awesome yes
Rewarding yes
A pain to get all of them when u probably will get all of them when SSB 4 comes out

.............Frightening....

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I wonder if we'll still get 3 (or more this time) trophies of each playable character. That alone would start us off with over 150, if you assume 30+ characters, and then account for Sheik/Zamus/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard as well.

Then you gotta figure we'll get trophies of every item, pokémon and assist trophy. And then throw in the subspace emissary enemies and bosses. And it would be nice if we got trophies of EVERY stage this time, and not just a random subset of them...

Yeah, the number can get up there pretty quickly.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I wonder if we'll still get 3 (or more this time) trophies of each playable character. That alone would start us off with over 150, if you assume 30+ characters, and then account for Sheik/Zamus/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard as well.

Then you gotta figure we'll get trophies of every item, pokémon and assist trophy. And then throw in the subspace emissary enemies and bosses. And it would be nice if we got trophies of EVERY stage this time, and not just a random subset of them...

oh dear god.....well hopefully they wont be hard to obtain....I swear to god if i have to get another Master Hand trophy the same way in Melee....Im gonna hack and get the trophies....or maybe that cheat thiing for the Wii Ive seen in athe mall and get trophies

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I get dumber each time on go on these blogs =_=.

Really some of these comments are just, stupid

(cheers to those fine fellows who can survive these threads with the their intellect in check)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
So, quick question:

What does the 35, in this picture mean?

That's easy. That's the total number of different trophies Sakurai has so far.
(He's had the game before anyone and he only has 35 trophies? He's going about it kinda slow... don't you think?)

i don't recall that shark-thing too...
That's a Bulborb...

It's from the Pikmin series.

Agreed on all points. We will have a buttload more trophies this time around. Hopefully somewhere around 600. A Wii disk holds 3x as much data as a GC disk can; so why can't we get twice as many trophies?

And though I would like more trophies, I find it kind of a waste to have more than 3 of each character. In a worst case scenario, I could see the total number of character specific trophies adding up to 5 at max (one for the character's bio, and one for each of the character's moves)... but that all depends on how many single player modes there are.

oh dear god.....well hopefully they wont be hard to obtain....I swear to god if i have to get another Master Hand trophy the same way in Melee....Im gonna hack and get the trophies....or maybe that cheat thiing for the Wii Ive seen in athe mall and get trophies
You're really going to hack Brawl... to get a Master Hand trophy... that you get for beating the game on Hard? Hard isn't that hard... {*cough*n00b*cough*}

Lolz. Just kidding. But seriously, you're going to have to beat the game on a harder diffiiculty at some point for one reason or another. Would it kill you to have to wait until then to get it?

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
wow i didn't realize people actually spent the time to collect them. i mean i guess if u want to stare at a screen and look at inanimate objects thumbs up. but id rather be beating my friends senseless than collecting trophies,stickers,etc. may just be me on this.

Hungry Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Daaaaaaamn SON! 30+ character trophies, Pokeball Pokemon Trophies, All Items including Assist Trophies, Subspace enemies, all stages, most of the trophies from Melee, thats an *** of trophies.

I guess 200+ stickers and about 30 to 50 CDs, standard unlockable such as characters and stages, replay value is going to go through the roof.

And no trophies do not make sticker unnesscary! (am I the only one who likes stickers?)

Oh yeah, one last thing, Fu** Olimar!! Jezz, he is a worse character choice than the Ice Climbers! Hell he is worse then Ballon Fighter!

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, one last thing, Fu** Olimar!! Jezz, he is a worse character choice than the Ice Climbers! Hell he is worse then Ballon Fighter!

Wait...you think the main character of an original Gamecube IP that garnered praise and admiration from both fans and critics, and who exists in a fully realised world with plenty of charm and pleasing aesthetics, featuring a unique and engaging RTS system not seen in other games is a WORSE choice than some eskimoes and a Joust clone? You're free to dislike Olimar, but you can hardly say he's a poor choice for a Brawl candidate.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.... forgive me if this is rude, but here's hoping that the Tingle trophy we saw in last night's screens is an indicator that Tingle will NOT be making an appearance. The fact that they made a trophy out of his Windwaker graphics just doesn't add up if he's going to be in the game.

That aside, I'm glad to see the trophies return in this game. It was a nice little distraction to work on after you'd finished with all of the unlockables.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Hmm.... forgive me if this is rude, but here's hoping that the Tingle trophy we saw in last night's screens is an indicator that Tingle will NOT be making an appearance. The fact that they made a trophy out of his Windwaker graphics just doesn't add up if he's going to be in the game.

That aside, I'm glad to see the trophies return in this game. It was a nice little distraction to work on after you'd finished with all of the unlockables.

They probably made the trophy out of Wind Waker graphics because that's the most recent incarnation of Tingle. And yeah, he'd make a terrible PC.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I thought the stickers were supposed to replace trophies.. what hell?

Oh well, they don't bother me. At least we get to venture outside Mr.Nintendo nerdboy's bedroom this time around.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I thought the stickers were supposed to replace trophies.. what hell?

Oh well, they don't bother me. At least we get to venture outside Mr.Nintendo nerdboy's bedroom this time around.
XD that is if they decide to put the room back in...too be honest I did like the room by=ut I always thought to my self "My God where's his bed?! No better Question.. HOW THE HELL CAN HE STAND UP IN HIS SMALL ROOM?!!?!" XDDDDDDD

Wii Wanderer

Smash Cadet
I guess they're using the GC controellr cause the screenshot has X, Y, Z, and some other buttons that the Wiimote doesn't have. BANANA PEEL FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Stickers will be another collectable that Sakurai has given us that won't be used, admired, or sought after nearly as much as trophies. To me, stickers are kind of a waste of space. Who the hell is going to make pictures with Wario and a bunch of Starmen and post them up on Wii Message Boards other than some 5 year olds? If there are editable word/text bubbles then maybe I can see it being fun, but otherwise I say remove the feature to save memory for two more new characters.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Two words: Replay value. Everyone wants to complete the game. So: characters, scenarios, stickers, trophies, music cds gives Smash a loooong road.
True, but I'm going to be playing the game non-stop because of Wi-Fi play. Stickers will be the last thing on my mind to collect, especially if they're only pick-ups and not acquireable through achievements.

. . .

ZOMG! A thought occurs:
Do you think that stickers and CDs will pop up during online play? How awesome would that be!? A CD/sticker falls during online multiplayer, someone picks it up, BOTH parties acquire the song/sticker for their Brawl!

But at this point, we can only hope...

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
True, but I'm going to be playing the game non-stop because of Wi-Fi play. Stickers will be the last thing on my mind to collect, especially if they're only pick-ups and not acquireable through achievements.

. . .

ZOMG! A thought occurs:
Do you think that stickers and CDs will pop up during online play? How awesome would that be!? A CD/sticker falls during online multiplayer, someone picks it up, BOTH parties acquire the song/sticker for their Brawl!

But at this point, we can only hope...
Yeah stickers are mostly for people who play the game single-player (or just sometimes with friends).

If someone bothers to go get that cd/sticker, I'ld love to knee them (when (yes when) captain Falcon is confirmed that is).

Top Bottom