• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl wins a Trophy

nindgod

Smash Journeyman
Oi! Just clearing up a myth here. Much as I love Olimar, this does NOT in ANY way confirm him. Remember Melee? There were no less then two Pikmin-related trophies, heck, you got one of them for having a Pikmin save file on the memory card, and yet Olimar was no-where to be seen. Trophies do NOT confirm characters. Thank you.
but we must take into consideration that Sakurai has shown us THESE trophies.. maybe tomorrow we will get a pikmin update. I want Tingle. :(

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
but we must take into consideration that Sakurai has shown us THESE trophies.. maybe tomorrow we will get a pikmin update. I want Tingle. :(
the Pikmin could be an assist trophie .....I really dont what would captain Olimar would do if he was playable....

Who the hell is the banana looking thing in the last shot? o_O
The banana Peel Item silly!!!! :D

EDIT: Whoops never mind XD

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
That is cool. I had all the trophies on Melee. The hardest one was Diskun (getting all bonuses). I hope there won't be any annoying trophies like that one (WTF! I did all the attacks of the character on multiple enemies and I didn't get "All Variations" ?!) :grin:

Oh by the way, stop calling it a "Pikmin enemy". It's a Bulborb.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
That is cool. I had all the trophies on Melee. The hardest one was Diskun (getting all bonuses). I hope there won't be any annoying trophies like that one (WTF! I did all the attacks of the character on multiple enemies and I didn't get "All Variations" ?!) :grin:

Oh by the way, stop calling it a "Pikmin enemy". It's a Bulborb.
yeah Honestly....WTH did they mean getting all Bonuses? I mean I know what Bonuses are...but how the hell do they expect us to get all of that??????

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
I'm happy trophies are back.I thought once we had stickers trophies were gone.And now the trophies are even cooler. Seems like

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
It at least confirms another thing:

Themed Sliding Boxes.

Yeah, I doubted it, since we only saw a regular sliding box in the screenshots. But I'm glad the sliding boxes too are themed.

mcs

Smash Cadet
This also looks like the perfect retirement project for Sakurai. Maybe this is the last Smash after all, he's pulling out all the stops... he's going the distance...
HUH?!?!?!:crazy:

Good update today.a few spoiers so ill be spending all day trying to figure them out. wow. when this comes out....well....lets just say I wont be goin anywhere.ahhh...i do agree this is a great game but if the above is true i want at least smash bros 4:(.

FutureBrawlOwner1413

Smash Apprentice
the pikmin trophy doesn't mean a thing, I mean, in melee, there were two pikmin trophys, but we didn't see any pikmin stuff in-game, right??
Thats beacause Pikimin was relesed the same day as melle there was no way they could put Olmair in Melle at that time. Now stop preventing the anetable:

Olmairs In Bawl!

Also Tingle=Confirmed Cell Shaded Link.:):):)

shanus

Smash Hero
iwas never a huge fan of trophies, i hope at least you can still gamble on some to buy new ones, that was the one thing i liked

also, pikmin trophies were in melee, so dont jump the gun and proclaiming it as fact that olimar is in

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Oi! Just clearing up a myth here. Much as I love Olimar, this does NOT in ANY way confirm him. Remember Melee? There were no less then two Pikmin-related trophies, heck, you got one of them for having a Pikmin save file on the memory card, and yet Olimar was no-where to be seen. Trophies do NOT confirm characters. Thank you.

A voice of reason... thank you

NukeA6

Smash Master
How much is Sakurai gonna stick in this game. Seems like we will have much to do. I guess it will get a 10 for replay value.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I'm really loving the whole collect them all idea Sakurai has conjured up for brawl. This is the third collectors item in the game. It adds much side obstacles from the brawl, but is that what we want?

I'll be one to say I'm truly glad that all these collectable items will be in the game but I've noticed the obsurred amount of extras in brawl (my music, stickers, trophies, the juggernaut that is Subspace emmisary), I don't think all this trime people think is being forwarded to multiplayer and characters actually is. Yeah maybe I'm overexagerrating but you can't ignore these factors.

Anyways I'm still happy about this update and look forward to all those wonderous trophies. Also some can say the tingle trophy hints at cel shaded aspects in brawl (WW LInk anyone?) but still I emphasize hint (no ZOMGs please). And I never got the Diskun trophy. The only bonus I didn't get was powershielder which for some reason won't register when I actually accomplish the bonus rule. Lame!

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I suppose that since Melee was the only game on the Gamecube, Brawl might end up being the only game for Wii, so he's making it huge once again. haha

Oh and, jesus stop confirming or deconfirming characters! Ice Climbers has a trophy with them as their NES sprites, it's only reasonable to think that they could be doing whatever they want with the characters. Though, I will say it's unlikely he'd want to allude to any secret characters... gah, I'm so confused. I guess the best thing to do is to try not to read to much into it.

By the way, Cell shaded Wind ****er characters are stupid. Tingle will not look like that in smash unless he's an assist. (i hope) and that includes link.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Yes sir! glad to see the trophies are back. Trophies are a part of Smash, and they're what give smash bros. a LOT of replaying value (and it's fun to collect 'em uh?).

Oh and, jesus stop confirming or deconfirming characters!
Ooccoo confirmed!! (ups.. just felt in the hype)

By the way, Cell shaded Wind ****er characters are stupid.
Why? They can't read?

Something706

Smash Rookie
so for all the people that say Tingle is "deconfirmed"
"
I guess that means Link, Ike, DK, Peach, Pikachu, Fox, and Pokemon Trainer are all "deconfirmed"... lol

Trophies can be for anything :p

Sanji3000

Smash Rookie
When Melee was showen at events people ran into Luigi and Gannondorf thropies. We all thought they where both deconfirmed but it ended up that they where showing off their classic mode throphies. So....seeing a throphie of someone doesnt mean they wont be playable. Tingle supporters still have some hope... :laugh:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Who said any character was confirmed or decomfirmed? I know in my post I was just pointing out that there will be cel shaded aspects knocking any nah sayers who said WW link counldn't be in because he's cel shaded. No confirmed or deconfirmed. How can a trophy update confirm anything anyway when trophies tend to be random in nature.

Deathstroke22

Smash Rookie
Great Update. I loved the trophies in Melee. I liked being able to get some background on these games, especially ones I may not play or even know of, i.e. Fire Emblem

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
So does anyone think that the banana weapon from smash should given Donkey Kong rep?
It's more a Mario Kart Weapon than anything else.

I'm Glad to see the trophies are back. I know that trophies don't confirm or deconfirm anything.. but I really Really hope this deconfirms Slippy and Tingle..

IMO Terrible characters.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
YAY!!! TROPHIES ARE BACK!!! I KNEW THEY WOULD BE!!!

One of my favorite part of Melee returns. Thank god. To me, this is just as good as hearing we have Wi-Fi.

Oh, and I'm going to jump the gun and say any character revealed in today's update that showed up in trophy form that we don't already know to be playable... probably WON'T be playable.
Sorry Slippy.
Sorry Tingle.
Sorry Ooccoo.
Sorry 'that guy from F-Zero whose name I can't recall'. (Dr something...)
Im with u on that

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
so for all the people that say Tingle is "deconfirmed"
"
I guess that means Link, Ike, DK, Peach, Pikachu, Fox, and Pokemon Trainer are all "deconfirmed"... lol

Trophies can be for anything :p
Eh... no. You fail.

The confirmed playable characters were shown in their Brawl renders, in their own screenshot, along with some other confirmed elements in the game.

If you reason that Sakurai has never let a newcomer "slip" (Yeah, even if Peach and DK did, everyone with 2 braincells to rub together knew they were in, yet no newcomers have slipped) then it is kinda safe to reason that those characters MAY not be playable.

Though we did see the Ganondorf and Luigi trophies in Melee in pre-release pics, I don't think that's really relevant right now... that's just my opinion guys, don't shoot me.

Top Bottom