• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

PND

Smash Champion
Question to the Quebec scene on venue fees and other stuff:

If a TO held a (hopefully) large tournament at a free or cheap venue, but still charged a venue fee and donated the proceeds to charity, would you guys support that? Or is that additional cost on top of travel too overbearing a factor? How much is an acceptable charge in that situation? Also, would you guys support a tournament with a variety of different games and communities knowing that Smash would get no special treatment over the others? Additionally, would you support a children's bracket? Not fund it via pot cuts or anything, but be willing to give up setups for matches and/or maybe provide coaching and tips? Should stalling rules be more strictly enforced? And finally, if such an event was hosted would you guys be willing to travel to Ottawa? IF not, how far would you be willing to travel? If you are willing to travel, would you be willing to attend for multiple days or only for a single day?

Here's a big one:
What other games would you be interested in playing, if any?

Current considerations include BlazBlue; SF2, 3, and 4; MvC2; TvC; Soul Calibur 2; Rock Band 2. These are just some ideas being tossed around, we'll be checking out other communities to determine their interest as well. Any suggestions for implementation?

Input is greatly appreciated, I'm wondering how the community might react to some of these ideas. I can justify some of these ideas if you're curious, but that's not really the point. This is more of a general poll on the matter. This will help gauge the priorities of the scene and hopefully allow this as-of-yet "hypothetical" tourney to be a success and bring positive exposure to the community. . . and competitive gaming in general.

Feel free to PM me or email me or whatever if you don't want your responses to be public. Thanks for reading :)

zaf

Smash Lord
The only problem i have with this, is that i currently work weekends. I lose out on my pays to attend tournies. The thought of winning pot money even if it less then what i make from my salary, is enough for me to travel. But if it is for a charity, i would not mind entering. Just not any time soon. I lose out on too much money myself to be able to travel for that

PND

Smash Champion
Because we'd likely be choosing Child's Play as our charity, loli bracket is for kids and their parents who may not enter a tournament otherwise. Free to enter with sponsored prizes, ages 6-14 welcome. It would be an intro to competitive gaming and just another way to give back to the community. So yeah, that's the justification for the possible inclusion of it. It's just an idea we had, we have no idea if we're actually going to implement it or not. New players now = bigger pots later :bee:

Oh, and Quebec & Ottawa vs GTAN crews need to happen. Or just Quebec vs GTAN. I wanna see Swordgard tank like 12 stocks.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
So.

vBrawl Zelda dropped 9 places in the vBrawl tier list and is now 3rd worst with Ganondorf and Link.

Triforce Tier yayyy. =(

Steb

Smash Journeyman
So.

vBrawl Zelda dropped 9 places in the vBrawl tier list and is now 3rd worst with Ganondorf and Link.

Triforce Tier yayyy. =(
Although Zelda has gotten pretty bad, I think they did it just so they could have a "Triforce Tier" and laugh about it. And wtf is Ness doing above Lucas? Not that I really care, lol.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I probably cannot come to the weeky this week due to midterms, so if anyone is going, please keep in mind that the rate will not be reduced (you'll have to pay Jin $5/hour per station).

Steb

Smash Journeyman
quoted mongmong (NCBA owner) in the Montreal SRK thread:
"hey guys just letting you all know that NCBA will now be open from 6pm everyday and closed on mondays."

So yeah, don't show up too early now.

Anyways, I'll still be there around 6:00.

zaf

Smash Lord
i will not be coming today. Sorry guys, ill see you next week.
kr3w, we have to schedule something this week so we can give you your wii back

Top Bottom