• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Thank you joel for bringing order admist the chaos. Chaos especially originating from the pious followers which you have spawned.

I nowhere dissagreed with the planning of the tvs which you drafted. Somehow everyone can't seem to see that.

As for you Kev; it's fine, I'll just go and cancel that t-shirt order. No big deal.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Im just saying though, if theres a brawl+ tourney, brawl should always have 1 crt tv. It is the brawl weeklies. For everything else, i dont care. I just dont think 2 near lagless tv are good enough. We need to always have 1 crt tv.

EDIT: For a mere 2k bucks, we can also get these high end upscalers which can scale on less than 1 frame delay thus making it totally lagless.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Thank you joel for bringing order admist the chaos. Chaos especially originating from the pious followers which you have spawned.

I nowhere dissagreed with the planning of the tvs which you drafted. Somehow everyone can't seem to see that.

As for you Kev; it's fine, I'll just go and cancel that t-shirt order. No big deal.

I thought we were friends :(

Seriously, I didn't take part in the argument, I just approved of Joel's willingness to end it. I would've done the same, had it been you.

No offense meant and none taken.

You're bluffing about the shirt.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
First of all Jarc, why you posted your last message is totally beyond me. Trying to goad me into another post too for a last few chuckles? Well there you go.

Also, if your going to apparently systematically lurk the threads to always make that comment about how I'm female for overreacting, then I'm just going to keep overreacting, cause that's who you are (a troll) and that's who I am (a chick).

Now if you're done, can you also stop being the other chick, grow some balls, and move on to another topic? Leave the seriousness of teh internets to professionals. Kthx.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I'd just like to bring this up... I recently came into contact with flat screen TVs at the new University of North Florida game room which are completely devoid of any lag, even with normal AV cables. At first I didn't believe it, but it's the truth. I believe I will be going back at least once before I return to Montreal and I will be sure to take note of the brand and model number. Perhaps it's some special option.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'd just like to bring this up... I recently came into contact with flat screen TVs at the new University of North Florida game room which are completely devoid of any lag, even with normal AV cables. At first I didn't believe it, but it's the truth. I believe I will be going back at least once before I return to Montreal and I will be sure to take note of the brand and model number. Perhaps it's some special option.
If the screen has as a native support 480i then it will not lag.

I already did extensive research on the stuff.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Y'see Kirt, I didn't want you to reply to my post, simply read then wash away the blood from on your seat.
I'd ask to borrow your tampon, but its probably already pretty soaked already.

If the screen has as a native support 480i then it will not lag.

I already did extensive research on the stuff.
As I've said before, having 120hertz or more of refresh rate will also reduce it.

Kirt stop whining you woman
I already stated that I was one. You got to stop statung the obvious Jer. Next you'll be telling us how small your wang is.

zaf

Smash Lord
kirt doesnt even come to the weeklies. >_>
ive seen him at like one, since ive been coming back and he played ****ing sf4 and ****ing wii resorts. so i think that he should stfu when it comes to what we play on what tv
hi jarc

why should anyone care about his input.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
FFS, you only started coming to the weeklies this past month, which is the only month I didn't go. I've been going to weeklies more often then you this past year, so why would your input matter even more then mine when I'm on average there more often then you on a yearly basis? You only came back when brawl plus took popularity.

And aside from that, you're still missing the point of me NOT having given any input about what TVs should go where? In fact, Joel, I hope your ****ing happy. You brought this on and now everyone is clinging to what you said like mindless sheep.

All I ****ing said was that HDTVs would always have lag unless they met a strict requirements and that people who think it doesn't lag should play on those TVs so that people who feel lag can play on CRT. Did I mention a specific quota of brawl games per HDTV? No. But **** it. How can someone be so ******** to completely not understand this is beyond me, but I think I've been doing myself a favor by not showing up to these if that's how people are feeling now that they're showing their true colors.

****... It's time I left this community anyway and had this account closed.

zaf

Smash Lord
kirt you always say your gunna quit, your like the boy who cried wolf now.

its not really what you said, but how you say it. your attitude sucks my balls

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that, at this point, fil is the only sane person remaining here.
It's the END, I'm telling you. THE EEEEEENNNND!

kirt doesnt even come to the weeklies. >_>
ive seen him at like one, since ive been coming back and he played ****ing sf4 and ****ing wii resorts. so i think that he should stfu when it comes to what we play on what tv
hi jarc

why should anyone care about his input.

You know I <3 you, Zaf, but that was sorta gratuitous and uncalled-for. o_O

Divinokage

Smash Legend
In the end, everyone wants to be right... so that already can create some conflict as I see it here. However, if everyone could stop being condescending that would help a lot. Your level of smash doesn't matter, outside of smash who are you? =P Or do you enjoy smash to be accepted and feeding off everyone's energy?? So.. Kirt what do you want out of smash??

/Rant

Rion

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, whoa guys! Please, let's not argue so much. :(

So like, Ally totally won Brawl+ as Snake at SNES apparently~ (I read it in the Brawl+ Nightly Thread)

I don't think I'll be able to go to the next weekly, since I'm leaving for school around the Friday / Saturday + I have to organize so much stuff to do...

We'll see! I hope I can squeeze in one last weekly before I disappear into Ontario again. If not, it was great playing with you guys. :)

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually contemplating leaving as well if Brawl+ keeps getting more attention. Half of us aren't even playing the same game anymore.

Anyhoo, I'll likely attend with Francis this Wednesday.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'm actually contemplating leaving as well if Brawl+ keeps getting more attention. Half of us aren't even playing the same game anymore.

Anyhoo, I'll likely attend with Francis this Wednesday.
Don't leave me :( If you leave, who am I gonna team with? You're the best team partner ever :(

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Melee vs Brawl vs Brawl+, sigh. After Kkong's fest, I think it's safe to say Brawl+ is the most popular version in Montreal now. Where's Alopex to see this?

Maybe I should bring in Balanced Brawl and see what happens. And then there'll be SSB4, SSBB v. kupo, SSBM2...

Top Bottom