• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

kr3wman

Smash Master
bring me one too?

and i finally got my laptop back, so i can bring it to the weeklies so we can us tio

brawl+ doubles tonight anyone? with a $2 buy in?
Nobody wants to waste money on random bull**** like that.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry for this extremely stupid question, but do we exactly need to sign-up in here?
And also, which Brawl+ build are you playing? Is it the 4.1B Official Plussery or are you playing with the Nightlies?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
GGs everyone.

PK Fire! PK Fire!
Din's Fire! Din's Fire!

Brawl+ is as stupid and broken as vBrawl. Just in another way.

Also, maybe Zelda isn't so broken. You just gotta learn how to deal with her. I'm still using her though. Sparkles and fire are funny. Kev hates me even more now :(.

I'm sorry for this extremely stupid question, but do we exactly need to sign-up in here?
And also, which Brawl+ build are you playing? Is it the 4.1B Official Plussery or are you playing with the Nightlies?
They just ask for some information when you first go to Gamer's World, like your name, alias, e-mail, etc. You do that at the store. And we play with nightly builds.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I don't think I played more than 20 games.

While if SOMEONE had let Melee stay there I would have played and enjoyed my time at the weekly waaayyyy more.

ThatGuy

Smash Master

While if SOMEONE had let Melee stay there I would have played and enjoyed my time at the weekly waaayyyy more.
There's not much I can say about this. Melee can only be truly enjoyable on a lagless TV, but Brawl had more popularity. The only solution I can give for future reference is for people to bring their component cables for the Wii, so we can have relatively lag-free Brawl on the HDTVs.

kr3wman

Smash Master
EDIT : aaahhhfsfuslfuhslfushlfsu

****ing both thread having montreal in the title.

swordgard

Smash Hero
There's not much I can say about this. Melee can only be truly enjoyable on a lagless TV, but Brawl had more popularity. The only solution I can give for future reference is for people to bring their component cables for the Wii, so we can have relatively lag-free Brawl on the HDTVs.

This is supposed to be mainly brawl at the weeklies. If brawl+ is more popular then fine, but brawl deserves to have at least 1 lagless TV.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Using component cables and setting the Wii accordlingly allows the game to be playable with a minimal amount of lag. I had my wii on my HDTV all the time with no problems, and I found the game to be playable at the weeklies when we had them with component cables on those TVs.

So yeah, bring a set of component cables and you'll get 2 lagless TVs (Gamersworld has a set already).

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
they won't be lagless, they never will be, until the wii can run at 1080p, on a 120h or more tv.

If you don't have trouble playing on those TVs then Joel, I would suggest you play your games there and allow those who still find any amount of input delay irritating to play on the non hd tvs. One more spot for them.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Kirt, I don't understand why you're arguing so fervently over something so insignificant. If someone brings a set of component cables, we get to use 2 TVs for Brawl with 'minimal' lag, and a CRT TV for Melee as an option for people who want to play it. The other option, as you want, is 1 CRT TV for Brawl, 1 TV for another Brawl with 'minimal' lag, and a Melee setup that is rendered unplayable due to the fact that you can't play it on those TVs, therefore we have a TV that is unused for the entire night.

This is the best compromise I can offer (assuming zaf brings his TV): 1 HDTV Brawl, 1 HDTV Brawl+, 1 CRT Melee, 1 CRT Brawl+, 1 CRT Brawl. If zaf doesn't show, we cut the game with the least popularity. How is this not fair?

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Kirt, I don't understand why you're arguing so fervently over something so insignificant. If someone brings a set of component cables, we get to use 2 TVs for Brawl with 'minimal' lag, and a CRT TV for Melee as an option for people who want to play it. The other option, as you want, is 1 CRT TV for Brawl, 1 TV for another Brawl with 'minimal' lag, and a Melee setup that is rendered unplayable due to the fact that you can't play it on those TVs, therefore we have a TV that is unused for the entire night.

This is the best compromise I can offer (assuming zaf brings his TV): 1 HDTV Brawl, 1 HDTV Brawl+, 1 CRT Melee, 1 CRT Brawl+, 1 CRT Brawl. If zaf doesn't show, we cut the game with the least popularity. How is this not fair?
Your going to have to point me to the part where I 'fervently' argued to have no brawl on the HDTVs. Front what I can gather from my own post, all I said was that no amount of component cables will reduce lag and that if you feel so strongly that the lag is minimal on the HDTVs, you can go ahead and play on that one in order to have more room on the CRTs.

Now, where along those lines was that jumbled up into not having any vBrawl or Brawl plus on the HDTVs?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to bring my components next week and see if the LCD on the right really has lag or not even in 480p.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
FFS, it seems like I'm talking with irrational children. Where the **** did I argue? I made a ****ing statement and you people are just to dim witted to see it.

Seriously, I think I'm not a big enough ******* sometimes to let this overt stupidity to go on.

Ugh, but I digress....

Morons will always be morons.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
Throw sand in her eyes. Then run to the weeklies.
I lol'd

Geez, you're ALWAYS whining...

For the love of god go RP somewhere else homos
lol ****in' Jer

I agree with Joel here, you're arguing for no reason.
Or just for the sake of arguing. Wouldn't be the first time.

<3
THIIIIIIS.
Sorry Kirt. =(

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Geez, you're ALWAYS whining...
Stop complaining Kev.

Mystic Viper said:
FFS, it seems like I'm talking with irrational children. Where the **** did I argue? I made a ****ing statement and you people are just to dim witted to see it.

Seriously, I think I'm not a big enough ******* sometimes to let this overt stupidity to go on.

Ugh, but I digress....

Morons will always be morons.
Okay Kirt, you made your point: there is, and always will be, some delay when we try to play Brawl on the HDTVs. I think we got our arguments crossed; if you were at the last weekly you would have known there was a little dilemma regarding having to remove Melee in lieu of a lagless Brawl setup, because there were 2 CRT Brawl+ setups running (we had a Brawl+ tournament). If someone had brought an extra set of component cables (and I had used a little foresight with regards to actually setting the systems up), we wouldn't have had 1 TV sitting around completely useless, and everyone would have had the option to play the game of their choice.

Top Bottom