• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Agora

Smash Journeyman
So, tomorrow... should we go ahead and cancel it? Too many peeps are having finals, and so far it seems like, what, me, Kr3w and Kev? Pretty sad~

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really meaning it in the "call Gamer's World to cancel it" way. ^^;

I'll keep reading the thread until tomorrow, see if more people confirm. I actually want to practice.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Alright, officially count me out this week, guys. Sorry for bailing, will do my best to show up next week.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
I just contracted HIV

sorry guys
I'll accept the excuse, but only because it made me lol.

ggs tous le monde
Ouais

Well, another fail weekly - as expected. Props to Fizzi for showing up, to our general surprise and being fun, as usual. Steb also stopped by. We had another new player as well. Biz! plays Mario, R.O.B. and King Dedegay, although he claims his gameplay with the latter suxx.

The real highlight of the evening, howver was Kr3wman. Dear God.

He was getting real pissed at Fluff (newcomer at the weeklies, he mains falco, for all you people who value "education" more than video games and don't show up).

At one point, he throws his controller to the ground (they're playing on the stupid "Wii on a seven-foot-high shelf TV" and the Wii gets dragged off and falls.

Everyone freezes for a sec - the words "Oh SHI - ..." on their lips when Kr3w catches it at the last second, saving our sore wooden bench-abused butts from the verbal lashing from HELL that would've followed...

Also, when he left, he proceeded to say his goodbyes to everyone, as usual, and added the word "F4GGOT" to his farewell, when addressing himself to Fluff.

I LOL'd.

Edit: Also, since I've been smashing a lot with Dom, these days I had suggested that we try a Luigi/Snake team for doubles. As expected, the result is ****. Mostly because Dom is awesome and I try not to steal too many of his stocks lololol.

I had fun, even if not many people showed up.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Why do I only do good against good players.

It's like when I play against scrubs I try to play it like I would against good people but they make the stupidest spacing choices and pressure ones and I get hit by everything because I didnt see it coming.

Then I use my falcon and 2 stock them.

I have no idea how to play this game.

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
Why do I only do good against good players.

It's like when I play against scrubs I try to play it like I would against good people but they make the stupidest spacing choices and pressure ones and I get hit by everything because I didnt see it coming.

Then I use my falcon and 2 stock them.

I have no idea how to play this game.
I would offer to help show you any tactics since most of my life was spent watching pro brawls on youtube and therefore I have a good idea on how most chars can be played. Unfortunately I suck at almost everything I try, and the stuff I DO pull off is pretty crappy. Surpisingly enough, the advice I do give at weeklies is stupid, and works. examples: At one weekly, I kept telling everyone at this weekly to down smash, but particularly steb (lucas). then, he finally does, and hits a falco at 100% mid-illusion, killing him.

ps: we need some melee rematches, I want to challenge you with Mario on the condition that you're not Falcon. I'm getting better.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I would offer to help show you any tactics since most of my life was spent watching pro brawls on youtube and therefore I have a good idea on how most chars can be played. Unfortunately I suck at almost everything I try, and the stuff I DO pull off is pretty crappy. Surpisingly enough, the advice I do give at weeklies is stupid, and works. examples: At one weekly, I kept telling everyone at this weekly to down smash, but particularly steb (lucas). then, he finally does, and hits a falco at 100% mid-illusion, killing him.

ps: we need some melee rematches, I want to challenge you with Mario on the condition that you're not Falcon. I'm getting better.
Steb does that all the time agaisnt Falco's recovery, and was probably intentional on his part: it's the best way to kill a mockingbird.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
I had fun. I must say... Brawl sucks and all, but I guess that's only comparatively to Brawl+ and melee. On the rare occasions that I do play normal brawl I do end up having fun... It probably mostly has to do with the game actually being competitive. Melee is competitive but I'm not really at a level yet to even hope to win against good players. I had been wanting to play some games against Dom and I got my wish. He's got a good snake. He's got a really good sense of what needs to be done and he's good at playing safe.

On the topic of Fluff Krew, I actually didn't find him bad. Maybe it's cause I was playing DDD but the one game I did play against him it was a close game and he was doing things right. He would have won if he didn't SD I think :p.

kr3wman

Smash Master
better downsmash. good dair.

Most of her moves actually can kill.

edge shenanigans.

stuff like that.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
I can pretty much already affirm that I won't come in next Wednesday; there's a 5 à 7 party at work that I'll want to attend, and I was invited to watch the hockey game afterwards, which should be fun even though I'm not a hockey fan : P

And I agree with Fizzi; Fluff wasn't all that bad at all, suicides aside XD. Only played him once, though.

cemo

white walker
I try to brickwall people with backairs if they aren't very good.
It's pretty effective.

(I try this on everybody, it just works better if they don't know what they're doing)

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
It's after my tough final... So I'll probably be there after having failed, hopefully CGing some people will cheer me up.

Bento how are you feeling about Econ?

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
It's after my tough final... So I'll probably be there after having failed, hopefully CGing some people will cheer me up.

Not if i grab you first. Might be making my first appearance in a long while. Might.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I have a midterm the very next day at 9am so if I show up, I prolly won't be staying till 11pm... It depends how much studying I get in after my exam the same morning before the weeklies... Seeing as I'll be depressed and all :D

As unready as ever! I've felt like giving up on studying so many times and this 360 is REALLY distracting D: Still hanging in there though~

100% EZPZ YAYUHZ

We can do this!
like last time!

Top Bottom