• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm from Mexico and I will be in montreal for 1 month beginning at May 30th. Do you do tournaments?The first post of this thread says that you do tournaments every week, is it true?

FaTuik

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm from Mexico and I will be in montreal for 1 month beginning at May 30th. Do you do tournaments?The first post of this thread says that you do tournaments every week, is it true?
nan, theres no tournament every week, only some smashfest from friend house at the moment ... Are you good at this game ?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Jin from Foonzo is planning on bringing his Melee/Brawl set-ups back. He wants to know who would be interested. You have to be over 18 though since they sell beer.

For those who don't know what Foonzo is yet, it's a gaming cafe in downtown (1245 Drummond) owned by the guys who ran NCBA. They have several TVs for console and 8 head-to-head arcade cabinets with most fighting games. SSF4, MvC3 are the most popular. They have 1 MK setup now.
Foonzo link: http://foonzo.com/accueil/

So yeah...who's interested? Holy, since the Brawl guys don't check this thread, can you tell them about this?

kr3wman

Smash Master
man you posted here too.

anyways the owner (same guy as NCBA) is interested in having smash weeklies there.

18+ tho. I really like the place, the community and the game, so I hope this works out!

they also have magic draft thingies thursdays, if anyone is interested in that.

kr3wman

Smash Master
alright, that's 3!

which is also the magic number for the least amount of players for smash to be enjoyable.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Jin from Foonzo is planning on bringing his Melee/Brawl set-ups back. He wants to know who would be interested. You have to be over 18 though since they sell beer.

For those who don't know what Foonzo is yet, it's a gaming cafe in downtown (1245 Drummond) owned by the guys who ran NCBA. They have several TVs for console and 8 head-to-head arcade cabinets with most fighting games. SSF4, MvC3 are the most popular. They have 1 MK setup now.
Foonzo link: http://foonzo.com/accueil/

So yeah...who's interested? Holy, since the Brawl guys don't check this thread, can you tell them about this?
Id be for this, would attend depending on what day it is. Any info on how the pricing/schedule would be?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Id be for this, would attend depending on what day it is. Any info on how the pricing/schedule would be?
I'll be talking to Jin today if I can at the place, any suggestions?

Gaming there is already free if you buy something to eat/drink, but if we want relatively large weeklies we'd have to use the other TVs, which means no TVs for other people. I know everyone hates a venue fee (for some reason) if it's not a tournament, but you know.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I'll be talking to Jin today if I can at the place, any suggestions?

Gaming there is already free if you buy something to eat/drink, but if we want relatively large weeklies we'd have to use the other TVs, which means no TVs for other people. I know everyone hates a venue fee (for some reason) if it's not a tournament, but you know.
I don't really mind paying 5/10$ for a few hours of gaming, I'm just wondering lol. As for a weekly dates, I guess got to ask a few people around first.

PiKaLeX

Smash Journeyman
I'm in, except if its as cheap as the last weeklies were! I know that fonzo is a great place to play games, so it should be great :)

I'm not sure, but maybe it should be biweeklies... because weeklies work great at the begining, but after a month or 2, it's dead. Maybe, if it happens twice a month, there will be more people for many month?

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
@ Swordgard The time is 10 in the morning to 10 in the night and on weekends 12 to 10pm.

I'm in, except if its as cheap as the last weeklies were! I know that fonzo is a great place to play games, so it should be great :)

I'm not sure, but maybe it should be biweeklies... because weeklies work great at the begining, but after a month or 2, it's dead. Maybe, if it happens twice a month, there will be more people for many month?
Wait, what exactly are bi weeklies?

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Foonzo Image Gallery
Very chill place. The custom arcade cabinets are just amazing. And food is also great, they got like salads, and its not too pricy. And.. they got a liscence!??

And yeah I remember Jin saying he would like to see the smash crowd(s) come to his new place. They have 2 or 3 (maybe more) practically never occupied TVs (at least they weren't used the couple of times I went). So yeah, I'd be pleased to have weeklies there.

I'll try MK lol.Day 1 MK Retardedness
Looks wild, but I'll most probably not like it. wtf is a block button?

Jer

Smash Ace
Zaf and I are gunna try going sometimes for MK, but we'll for sure play smash.

Idk why you guys are going so crazy over a block button, you act like this is the first MK ever or something(also, smash's shield is pretty much a block button)

kr3wman

Smash Master
smash' shield makes sense when you can completely circumvent the collision hitboxes just by dashing through your opponent, but when I play MK for a few hours, and then switch to marvel I literally need a couple of second to remind myself to hold back to block. It's not really a problem, but yeah.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
Idk why you guys are going so crazy over a block button, you act like this is the first MK ever or something
1st MK with solid mechanics.. I mean, I've played my fair share of the serie (There was what I believe was a MK2 or 1 cab at the town hall during infamous verglas '98 and I'd streak like Liu Kang fb zoning all day lol.)
Point is I don't recall using that block button.. until I met Noob Saibot in UMK3..

I'm curious, whats your mvc3 team Krew?

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I guess there's enough interest for weeklies again. What day of the week would you guys like to come?

@Jer
GGs today at Foonzo in MK. I practiced just now and I found an unescapeable air damage reset with Cyrax, like his command grab trap . I could do around 75% starting off a net combo with 1 bar. Yay, more damage resets.

Jer

Smash Ace
@Steb

God damn, Cyrax is already annoying as it is, i think i need to pickup a zoning character to play against Cyrax. GG's though for sure

@Krew

GGs, your Liu Kang is damn annoying, but it seems like once i block your string, you don't know what to do. Ah well, all in good time

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
My schedule pulls random el fuerte mixups..

Krew, we should get some matches in, I never played a good Skrull and I'm usually pretty free against Dante.. -_-

kr3wman

Smash Master
GGs, your Liu Kang is damn annoying, but it seems like once i block your string, you don't know what to do. Ah well, all in good time
I don't really do anything because while it's safe I'm minus on block and you can't really do much after overheads minus the 50/50 throw low mixups, and people want to eat the throw rather than 30% damage and being put in the corner.

kr3wman

Smash Master
My schedule pulls random el fuerte mixups..

Krew, we should get some matches in, I never played a good Skrull and I'm usually pretty free against Dante.. -_-
totally forgot to reply to this, I was trying to do multiquote but it didn't work so I decided to reply to jer first and I forgot to reply to you.

My Skrull is pretty meh and my Dante is ***, I have absolutely no idea what to do with him lulz. You should play Steb, he's pretty good.

Steb

Smash Journeyman
I'll be at Foonzo on Wednesday if anyone wants to play smash/mk/mvc3/whatever. They have Wiis there with Melee/Brawl now.

@Jer
MvC3 is not that hard really. The characters are pretty easy to learn, except when it's someone crazy like Dante. You're going to have to get used to blocking crazy mix-ups and losing your whole team in 1 hit though, lol.

Top Bottom