• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Wow, seeing all this pointless bickering, nitpicking, childishness and fly****ing, I see that I've evolved in the past months.

Wow lol "haha you have no friends" "nuh huh, I DO! and you don't have as many friends to play with as I do!" "yeah, well you play dumb games!" "Yeah?!?! Well you-" Jeez guys, grow up.
This is exactly why the Brawl community in general gets laughed that.. because they are so defensive.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wow, seeing all this pointless bickering, nitpicking, childishness and fly****ing, I see that I've evolved in the past months.

Wow lol "haha you have no friends" "nuh huh, I DO! and you don't have as many friends to play with as I do!" "yeah, well you play dumb games!" "Yeah?!?! Well you-" Jeez guys, grow up.
I wouldn't mind if zaf actually gave advice instead of just trying to insult me over time. I don't mind constructive criticism but sadly this thread reeks of trolls and sadly whenever somebody searches for brawl montreal they end up on this thread. If it wasn't for that single fact, I wouldn't bother posting in this thread.

Furthermore I simply don't like accusations being thrown without substantial amount of evidence. I really doubt we have anything to do with gamers worlds closing for example, unless they somehow relied on smashers paying 5/7$ once a week to pay for their rent.

Now if you want to argue that this back and forth is pointless, it pretty much is in some way. For some reason zaf has a vendetta against me and wants to make sure he makes me feel as worst as possible. Now I don't have any specific goals here besides pretty much clearing up some misinformation that hes spreading, like how I don't advertise or how he got 70+ people at a brawl tourney. I never aim at insulting him or any of the other people in this thread(including trolls).

Finally chester, keep in mind that every human wants to feel like they are "above others", implying that you evolved is just another trick your mind is playing upon you to make you feel better. If it wasn't, you would not have even mentionned that you evolved, you would have simply told us to stop. Not going to say I don't do it or anything, its just how human brains work.

edit: I must admit though, some of the trolls in this thread make it worth the time spent writing some of these replies because sometimes they are actually funny.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Lol at this, Zaf your tourneys were big cuz people actually care back then, not cuz u 'advertissed', make it happen again, if so, then yeah , if not, point proved.

Kage, get @ apex's Brawl attendance and hype > Melee. aight I'm done LOL.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Finally chester, keep in mind that every human wants to feel like they are "above others", implying that you evolved is just another trick your mind is playing upon you to make you feel better. If it wasn't, you would not have even mentionned that you evolved, you would have simply told us to stop. Not going to say I don't do it or anything, its just how human brains work.
So you are saying you will stay at the same level all the time? If that were so, everyone would be robots in this world. Why is there players that become the best in the world, in this world right now? Why is there people physically and mentally stronger than most? It's not just the mind, the mind is just there spouting nonsense like you just did. It does play tricks on you telling you you are not good enough... that nothing greater is possible. Well I say just STFU and do it.

Lol at this, Zaf your tourneys were big cuz people actually care back then, not cuz u 'advertissed', make it happen again, if so, then yeah , if not, point proved.

Kage, get @ apex's Brawl attendance and hype > Melee. aight I'm done LOL.
I actually praised the Brawl side a lot of times for Apex, it was amazing. No trashtalk =D.

Ragboy Imperial

Smash Apprentice
All I got to say is unless we get some meetups back in place, which could be relatively simple seeing how we're getting more-than-decent attendance at local tourneys, it's safe to say Kev's post is truly legit.

Malheureusement, vous etes tous faché.

kr3wman

Smash Master
if no one, NO ONE wants to do/host/organize the weeklies at the new place I'll do it I guess.

I don't care about the game much anymore (Thanks to KirbyKaze unfriending me on Facebook, what a JERK) but I do care about the community. Yes, I'm a cynical *******, but I love you guys -no homo-.

So I'm gonna go over there, see what can be done, and I'll get back with you guys.

There will be NO specific game for the weeklies. If you wanna play Smash64/Melee/(B)Brawl(+/-), you bring it and you play it.

I might organize small weekly tourneys, crew battles if there's enough people or even whacky stuff like XYZ game low-tier crews, but if you wanna actually play smash instead of complaining about how X game caused a riff in the community, you go there (with your own controller) and you play the **** game.

5$.

18:30pm to 00:00am probably, maybe later when the winter comes.

Daisy-Fan

Smash Journeyman
You guys was always awesome to play to be honest with you and i agreed on that. Was always fun. but the best way to refind the good days again its to find a other place ya.

Edit: you are nice Kr3wman <3 no homo, always remember then you are mad about the n64 and brawl in MGL montréal in acardia, sorry for the grammar.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I wasn't that mad about smash64 lulz.

PGL was mad ********. Even if I hadn't lost I probably would've been mad.

swordgard

Smash Hero
if no one, NO ONE wants to do/host/organize the weeklies at the new place I'll do it I guess.

I don't care about the game much anymore (Thanks to KirbyKaze unfriending me on Facebook, what a JERK) but I do care about the community. Yes, I'm a cynical *******, but I love you guys -no homo-.

So I'm gonna go over there, see what can be done, and I'll get back with you guys.

There will be NO specific game for the weeklies. If you wanna play Smash64/Melee/(B)Brawl(+/-), you bring it and you play it.

I might organize small weekly tourneys, crew battles if there's enough people or even whacky stuff like XYZ game low-tier crews, but if you wanna actually play smash instead of complaining about how X game caused a riff in the community, you go there (with your own controller) and you play the **** game.

5$.

18:30pm to 00:00am probably, maybe later when the winter comes.
I was actually planning to talk to woolie on getting some on wednesdays, its just with start of university I didn't get to. I just don't know when hes there or if smokey could be the one i talk to since hes more often there. Bleh il ask him on fb.

kr3wman

Smash Master
So...

the venue is a bit on the smallish side, but as long as it's not tuesdays/fridays it should be fine.

address : 5445 rue de Gaspé suite 803

Directions are pretty simple, when you get off at laurier station, outside you go north, across the St-Joseph boulevard and go on laurier street. from there you go west until the Gaspé street, then walk north. You should walk by a Primary school and a park. Once you're at the building (you'll know when you see it) go inside, take the elevator to the 8th floor. When you get out the elevator it won't really be clear where to go, but you'll see a glass wall. Enter that corridor and you should see a door with "MTLSF" and the MTLSF logo. Wow you're there.

It's two rooms, one has 2 arcade cabinets with some normal stations and the other has a bunch of stations.

5$ a night, 20$ a month, 200$ half a year/year (monthly and bi/yearly includes venue fees for tournaments that might be held on other days than weeklies, or any other day you might want to go there and play other games than smash)

One station has a PC/Dazzle hooked with mics for streaming and recording, so the old and forgotten weekly stream might come back!

You guys can decide which day you would want for a weekly, or if you don't even want a set day at all, but I think wednesdays would be simpler for everyone.

Also bring the love for the SF community for this place, and play a few games of ST on the arcade cabinet and feel the 90s.

EDIT : oh and we would need to bring wiis. More TVs are always useful, but I wouldn't think it is required.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
So...

the venue is a bit on the smallish side, but as long as it's not tuesdays/fridays it should be fine.

address : 5445 rue de Gaspé suite 803

Directions are pretty simple, when you get off at laurier station, outside you go north, across the St-Joseph boulevard and go on laurier street. from there you go west until the Gaspé street, then walk north. You should walk by a Primary school and a park. Once you're at the building (you'll know when you see it) go inside, take the elevator to the 8th floor. When you get out the elevator it won't really be clear where to go, but you'll see a glass wall. Enter that corridor and you should see a door with "MTLSF" and the MTLSF logo. Wow you're there.

It's two rooms, one has 2 arcade cabinets with some normal stations and the other has a bunch of stations.

5$ a night, 20$ a month, 200$ half a year/year (monthly and bi/yearly includes venue fees for tournaments that might be held on other days than weeklies, or any other day you might want to go there and play other games than smash)

One station has a PC/Dazzle hooked with mics for streaming and recording, so the old and forgotten weekly stream might come back!

You guys can decide which day you would want for a weekly, or if you don't even want a set day at all, but I think wednesdays would be simpler for everyone.

Also bring the love for the SF community for this place, and play a few games of ST on the arcade cabinet and feel the 90s.

EDIT : oh and we would need to bring wiis. More TVs are always useful, but I wouldn't think it is required.
This is neat =O If there's enough interest for there I'll show up. Hoping I won't get lost on the way lolz.

Dragonfall

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, if anyone plays Soul Calibur 4, we will be hosting somewhat regular gatherings at the MTLSFHQ (above). In fact we're going tonight. Hope to catch you there!

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
I'll def be there.

I might play a few games of Brawl for the hell of it. I miss the community even though I dislike the game.

I'll give Soul Calibur 4 a try as well, even though I haven't played in ages.

Definitely hoping for at least SOME 64 action. CeeCee better be there with a setup and I hope you can bring one as well, just in case, Pablo. :D

I might feel like getting destroyed @ Maylayy if Fizzi is there, since it's been a while too.

Get HYYYPE!

That's pretty much it.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
I'll def be there.

I might play a few games of Brawl for the hell of it. I miss the community even though I dislike the game.

I'll give Soul Calibur 4 a try as well, even though I haven't played in ages.

Definitely hoping for at least SOME 64 action. CeeCee better be there with a setup and I hope you can bring one as well, just in case, Pablo. :D

I might feel like getting destroyed @ Maylayy if Fizzi is there, since it's been a while too.

Get HYYYPE!

That's pretty much it.
U dont wanna play maylay with me? :(

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is exactly why the Brawl community in general gets laughed that.. because they are so defensive.
You think the Brawl comm gets laughed at because of that, but the "Melee comm" isn't any better. There are idiots on both sides, and I know that you know that.
I wouldn't mind if zaf actually gave advice instead of just trying to insult me over time. I don't mind constructive criticism but sadly this thread reeks of trolls and sadly whenever somebody searches for brawl montreal they end up on this thread. If it wasn't for that single fact, I wouldn't bother posting in this thread.

Furthermore I simply don't like accusations being thrown without substantial amount of evidence. I really doubt we have anything to do with gamers worlds closing for example, unless they somehow relied on smashers paying 5/7$ once a week to pay for their rent.

Now if you want to argue that this back and forth is pointless, it pretty much is in some way. For some reason zaf has a vendetta against me and wants to make sure he makes me feel as worst as possible. Now I don't have any specific goals here besides pretty much clearing up some misinformation that hes spreading, like how I don't advertise or how he got 70+ people at a brawl tourney. I never aim at insulting him or any of the other people in this thread(including trolls).

edit: I must admit though, some of the trolls in this thread make it worth the time spent writing some of these replies because sometimes they are actually funny.
I agree with everything swordgard said, except:

- about the evolving part, I didn't tell people to stop because I know I'm talking to kids, simple as that. Do you honestly think that if I told people to stop, they would? In this thread? No way, this is a distopia. If they don't act like kids, they act like idiots, or Helen Keller before she could understand the concept of water.

I used to be in the melting pot, and I used to try to fix things all the time. I decided not to go down that part, because I actually don't care of the consequences, since these activities don't relate to me anymore. It's not that I'm "above others", it's just that I am not letting myself stoop down to that level again anymore. I try to get along with people, and I see not only are you guys bickering for the most insignificant things (I know, it's the internet, get used to it etc.), but people are not helping by acting like unevolved kids. Then again, I am posting on a board destined to 14-19 years old, so I'm bound to get flamed again for my old man whining.

-the trolls in this thread are not funny 90% of the time.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It's being inconsequential on the internet that's the problem right? We talked about this at Babel, you know people not caring at all and doing what they want?

Well if anyone can bring me a controller wednesday that'd be nice, I need to borrow one.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
Very amusing Joel,,,,, commas are seriouz bznz.

EDIT: Added in some extra commas for clarity.

kr3wman

Smash Master
You show up at the place (5445 de Gaspé suite 803), you pay 5 bucks for the night, you can play anything you like.

If you're okay with bringing your wii I don't know why you shouldn't, more stations is always better.

With this I can officially say we (kinda, you maybes better show up >:l ) broke 20 peeps!

Sooo... tournament? I'm not sure what games you guys want, since there's gonna be like 4 different smash games and some people play only one of the 4 nowadays.

So you guys should... vote or something. I dunno.

Top Bottom