• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
Well this day has been a ****ing **** hole for ME! God **** IT!. My computer breaks, my speech teacher is a conceited ***** and Brawl got delayed again the world seems to be celbrating take a big old dump on Adder day today!

...im...sorry...

Anyway, I'm trying to tell myself that I'd rather have an awesome game on March 9th than an incomplete game on Feb 10. But I can't help feeling like Nintendo just s*** on us all.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Of course I realize this, but I never said it made them wholly truthful or believable. I simply said it adds credibility. If there is true leaker in the masses, then something like predicting Sonic, or knowing about a delay, can help us weed out the phonies.
Weeding out the phonies, as you put it, would essentially mean weeding out everyone. Credibility for guessing doesn't amount to real credibility.

Rash

Smash Ace
Yeah, my hope is pretty much gone. I hope there isn't another delay after this, but hey they have already delayed the game twice.
March 9th is the confirmed date. They can't change it again.

Japan gets the game on the 31st of THIS month. Obviously, whatever issues Nintendo is going through with the American version of the game will not be in enough abundance to push it over the already established "1 month and one week" estimated gap between release dates.

Zek

Smash Ace
I found prophet on gamefaqs saying that they are going to give Brawl ANOTHER delay. Don't be suprised if this happens.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40795333
Dude, why would they plan another delay the day after making one? That doesn't make any sense. And even if he were telling the truth, it's 2 days, who cares.

There will not be another delay. The Japanese release date was only pushed back a week, which means they know for certain that they only need a couple days to finish the game. Hell, maybe it's already finished and they just didn't have time to go gold and print enough copies. The NA delay must be a localization issue, i.e. they're behind on translating the trophies or something. There would be no reason to delay it again after this.

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
And here I thought there was no more chances for delays when it went Gold in Japan like, 2 weeks ago. Irritated now, but will get over it once I find something else to take up some time.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
They also said Dec 3rd, Feb 10 08 were our dates and they've been pushed back twice now. I no longer believe Nintendo, the Dojo, or Sakurai himself.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I now find it hard to be angry or annoyed with this delay. Reason being: Euro smashers. All this time we've been whining, cursing Sakurai for doing this again and there stands the European smashers. Sitting by watching all of us complain, when they've really got the short end of the stick. With that in mind.. I find it impossible to complain about the delay, but thats just me.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
They also said Dec 3rd, Feb 10 08 were our dates and they've been pushed back twice now. I no longer believe Nintendo, the Dojo, or Sakurai himself.

Then there isn't much need for you to post here, then is there? I think you've made your point clear after you've expressed it, oh, about five times.

Zek

Smash Ace
And here I thought there was no more chances for delays when it went Gold in Japan like, 2 weeks ago. Irritated now, but will get over it once I find something else to take up some time.
It did not go gold in Japan.

Lunaretic

Smash Apprentice
Humm, I wonder why the delay? Nintendo must know a move like this so close to release is pretty much like shooting yourself in the foot with a .50 cal rifle, especially when they widened the gap between continents after all the recent hubub about companies going for worldwide/semi-world-wide releases. IMO it must have been some sort of 'show-stopping' bug or glitch with the game, for Nintendo to be able to pull this. So either way, good and bad. Good in the long run, bad in the short term.

brawl.admin

Smash Rookie
Half the fun is just waiting for the game...

But, what do think was so urgent that it had to be delayed again for the American version? Could we be getting some bonus content? Maybe they finally took into consideration voice chat and decided to add it as it's own mode of play - I don't think Japan complained about the lack of voice chat as much as us. Sakurai is making this game to please the fans, I wouldn't see it past him.

Second, I would like to say that this SAVED No More Heroes sales. I better they are relieved that brawl was pushed back a month. Now they'll make some decent sales - this was generous of Nintendo even if they didn't intend to help a third party.

Third, this gives me more time for the creation of my Brawl Website. I redesigned it and am now in the process of adding tons of content to make it usable by the brawl community. The current site is the outdated one, we'll be updating it soon with a new, cleaner look, and much more potential for information. Check it out if your interested, if not then don't worry about it.

DrLuigi

Smash Rookie
it is especially made timing because a lot of money for the marketing is wasted now. Most stores that sell video games have promotions for the game coming out on 2/11. Plus all the magazines have articles about Smash coming out in a mere few weeks.

this better be worth it.

The Protagonist

Smash Cadet
****, I was hoping it WOULD come out February 10th so I could shove it my friends face who kept saying it was going to be another Duke Nukem Forever situation. That and it would've been on the month of my birthday...oh wells.

Can't say I'm not mad but I'll have One Piece Unlimited Adventure (Jan 22nd) and Devil May Cry 4 (Feb. 5th) to look forward to. So I'll be good (I just didn't want my friend to be right :mad:)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it's not that i'm pissed about the delay. i would of been fine with a delay.

it's the fact we get it delayed a month, but Japan for only a f***in week?!

C'MON NINTENDO! What the hell is wrong with you?! is the American localization too lazy to get this out only one week later?!

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
Brawl should be packaged with a 'making of' disc. Then they could show the process and explain things in great detail, even the delays
You know, this would actually be a great thing, as it would show everyone how hard it was to make this game. :joyful:

Kel

Smash Master
Am I the only one that remembers Zelda ocarina of time? It was supposed to come out in 96 and kept getting pushed back a season until November 25th 98. It ended up being the best game of all time pretty much, but it was still obnoxious.

one month isn't even enough time to do anything. The japanese game comes out 7 days later and we get a whole month. well, time to request March off of work instead of february...

Top Bottom