• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
yea, game release and we immediatly knew all the charries, which, 35 is a little small.

the extra month is only for mass producing discs supposedly.

but...what if there is a character in japanese game that is different in america or europe/austrailia? that would be cool, and different for a change.

I am angered that wolf and fox look almost identical though, theyre just facing different directions.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
With a dual-layer burner and DVD discs, brawl will be available for anyone with a properly modded wii within the next 2 days. The actualy file will be dumped by then.
...ummm...what?

put that in terms i can understand. pirated?
He is going to compile an iso. which can then be burned onto a dvd-rw and played via the wii. Anyone wanting to do this remember these two three things:

1. It is illegal
2. The text is japanese
3. you need a modchip, which will brick your wii upon next firmware update.

(that is all, g'bye)

mosk123

Smash Journeyman
Random:
When is it coming to Australia/Europe?
Days after? Weeks after? Months? YEARS?!
lol

Rash

Smash Ace
I can't believe people will have been playing this game for a month before we even get our hands on it. Lucky *******s.

After knowing of all the content in Brawl (but, of course, not knowing exactly what that content is), I'm dying to just pick it up and start burning through the game's multiple challenges. Man, it just sounds like so much fun to do everything that's in this game.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Nice drawing.

Also it is coming out decades later in Europe. Have fun waiting.

J/K (or am I...)
All I have to say is hail to worldwide shipping. ^^ Are you really gonna wait for a game that will be EXACTLY the same if you can buy it in the US? I'm perfectly fine with English language only, I hate the German Pokemon names. ^^

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
poor europeans/australians.

even after America is done wating the 35 days remaining, you still have to wait even longer. EVERYONE! COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!!!

only 21 multiplayer even matches? weak... I feel this game was rushed(which doesnt make sense since they've had years and a huge team) o well.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Just remember, most of these guys never worked on Smash Bros before...

Anyway, it sucks for Nintendo of America to have delayed the game for us, just so that they can increase the hype.

Isn't the hype high enough???

TrePVox

Smash Cadet
The hype is almost as high as it is gonna get and just start to slowly go downhill because people wont wanna wait anymore.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
So, can't wait for Brawl to release in NA.

I'm wondering if it'll see any major changes. There surely will be some at least bigger than names, such as simple glitches, abuses.

What if by the time we get it, Brawl's advanced play is vastly different?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'm going to sound crazy but, what if they put more stuff into the NA Smash Bros. than the Japan one?

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Usually American games get the added bonus of not having glitches (That is the downside of getting games first)

It's funny really. Japan had FFX and FFX-international version, which is essentially with english voices and dark aeons.

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet
Usually American games get the added bonus of not having glitches (That is the downside of getting games first)

It's funny really. Japan had FFX and FFX-international version, which is essentially with english voices and dark aeons.
and let us not Forget Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Final Mix.
Final Mix also had English voices, added bosses and difficulty, and such.
But we're going a bit off topic there.
Normally the PAL versions of certain games have less glitches than the US version, for example the US version had that "Daisy's Third eye" glitch. The PAL version didn't have that Glitch because the trophies unlike the US version, had nothing on the inside, in other words you couldn't see the shape of the head when you got through the hair it was simply empty.
The PAL version of Brawl will most likely take longer because of the translations and Pokemon Voice Translations.(Pokemon in French, Deutch, etc. have different names.)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Aren't we just waiting for localization right now?

"The process of adapting a program for a specific international market, which includes translating the user interface, resizing dialog boxes, customizing features (if necessary), and testing results to ensure that the program works as expected..."

Tunaria

Smash Rookie
Normally the PAL versions of certain games have less glitches than the US version, for example the US version had that "Daisy's Third eye" glitch. The PAL version didn't have that Glitch because the trophies unlike the US version, had nothing on the inside, in other words you couldn't see the shape of the head when you got through the hair it was simply empty.
The PAL version of Brawl will most likely take longer because of the translations and Pokemon Voice Translations.(Pokemon in French, Deutch, etc. have different names.)
That it, most likely, the real reason why Brawl gets a much later release date in Europe. Both SSB and SSBM was released about 5-6 months after the US, though with some fixes on SSBM as I recall. It's a bit sad there's not a worldwide release on a highly anticipated game like this one, seeing as the website got updated simultaneously on every region.

What I don't get is why Australia gets an even later release date than EU. I may seem ignorant by saying this, but I thought English was the primary language in Australia, right? So why don't they get a release date closer to the US one?

A bit off-topic here, but I hope they'll keep Japanese as a selectable language in the EU release. Didn't they do that with the US version and removed it from the EU version, or was it just my imagination?

Dragonzero

Smash Cadet
That it, most likely, the real reason why Brawl gets a much later release date in Europe. Both SSB and SSBM was released about 5-6 months after the US, though with some fixes on SSBM as I recall. It's a bit sad there's not a worldwide release on a highly anticipated game like this one, seeing as the website got updated simultaneously on every region.

What I don't get is why Australia gets an even later release date than EU. I may seem ignorant by saying this, but I thought English was the primary language in Australia, right? So why don't they get a release date closer to the US one?

A bit off-topic here, but I hope they'll keep Japanese as a selectable language in the EU release. Didn't they do that with the US version and removed it from the EU version, or was it just my imagination?
No it wasn't your imagination.
in the EU version of Meele they DID remove Japanese from the language selection screen.
Since they're putting other languages in the game they think the Japanese is Obsolete and that it only ocupies space so they throw it away.
But there are PAL games that have Japanese voice-over, like Sonic Adventure 2 for the Gamecube. Heck some PAL games don't even use the English voices(Like the PAL version of Dragon Ball Advanced adventure for the GBA).
But since the game is on a Dual Layer CD, there might be enough for everything, I hope.

Tunaria

Smash Rookie
No it wasn't your imagination.
in the EU version of Meele they DID remove Japanese from the language selection screen.
Since they're putting other languages in the game they think the Japanese is Obsolete and that it only ocupies space so they throw it away.
But there are PAL games that have Japanese voice-over, like Sonic Adventure 2 for the Gamecube. Heck some PAL games don't even use the English voices(Like the PAL version of Dragon Ball Advanced adventure for the GBA).
Wierd, though in a good way:)
Dragonball Z: Supersonic Warriors for the GBA also got the same treatment, as I remember. The reason was that the dubbed version of DBZ never aired on European television, or something like that.

But since the game is on a Dual Layer CD, there might be enough for everything, I hope.
Let's hope so, yeah. Though I kinda doubt it since Melee probably didn't fill up the entire 1,5GB mini-dvd. Maybe we should mail Nintendo and ask them kindly to keep the Japanese language option, if possible:laugh:

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
*hums until the remaining 31 days are over* at least game stop gets demoes earlier then we get the game. Im gonna stay there for hours, hogging the machine...

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
Speaking of demos would be nice to atleast recieve a demo from nintendo as japan did. but no this game drought only makes the waiting worse. Also why did they pick a sunday to release it? Most mailing services I know dont ship on saturday or sunday and every one knows UPS takes their sweet time.

Top Bottom