• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

Trophyhunter

Smash Apprentice
Obviously somewhere where, you havn't been
Holy moley are we so babyish that we are complaining about one delay sheesh aand they say the older you are the more mature you are and here we have high school students whining like a bunch of 5 year olds. Jee yes it's hurtful to have the came so close but snatched away but seriously if you can't handle a delay then tisk tisk they made up for the delay with a pikmin stage and there will be info from japan in a week and we will have all the confirmed chracters.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Brawl should be packaged with a 'making of' disc. Then they could show the process and explain things in great detail, even the delays

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Again fellas, dont feel that bad. Look at the people waiting on spore or duke nukem. we can deal with this. We get a 3 month delay to their year long delayz (or in duke nukems an infinite delay)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Well, I'd rather have a perfect game that will last me many many years than have a game that I am only half satisfied, especially with online play, so I guess I am kinda happy with this delay.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
They are changing something about the game, not just printing more copies. Note the fact that the ESRB rating is back to TBD. I guess somethings changing since you don't throw money at the ESRB for marketing reasons
Localization, most likely.

Cry moar, amerikid.

Your useless tears are delicious.
If you're so mad about getting it so late, instead of getting mad at Americans, move to America.

J-man24star

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere, plotting to become dictator of smash w
Holy moley are we so babyish that we are complaining about one delay sheesh aand they say the older you are the more mature you are and here we have high school students whining like a bunch of 5 year olds. Jee yes it's hurtful to have the came so close but snatched away but seriously if you can't handle a delay then tisk tisk they made up for the delay with a pikmin stage and there will be info from japan in a week and we will have all the confirmed chracters.
let us die down and forget this happend. use your minds to think happy thoughts, like dropping bombs on nintendo.

Jayster

Smash Rookie
I have to be honest the delay gets a big meh from me. I like in the UK and we didn't even have a date anyway...so ya know..you should just count yourselfs lucky.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
true, the pains of delayz are sharp, but doesnt it make the game that much more desirable and the moment when we finally have it that much more surreal?

Twoje

Smash Rookie
Hooray for this delay. Now Brawl releases during finals week!!!!

/sarcasm

Also, now it's going to be a hell of a lot harder to not accidentally find out all the secrets before I actually get the game, since Japan's release is over a month earlier than ours. Good job Nintendo, for delaying your game just like every other company nowadays. This is getting ridiculous. Companies need to learn to give a ****ing solid release date the first time.

Nookington08

Smash Rookie
To be honest I don't mind if it was delayed or not..I still have to beat Zelda, Mario Galaxy, and so many other great games..I know I am behind I haven't had any time to play any video games when I go to school..But anyway this delay could mean that they could add voice chat support..I don't mind if we have voice chat but there are a lot of people who play games like Halo(Which I don't play at all) that have voice chat..This delay could mean that Nintendo is working on voice chat

Konwukulups

Smash Cadet
On the bright side, every time there's a delay I have fewer exams the week it comes out. Nov 3 was finals week, I have 3 exams during the week of Feb 10th and 2 exams the week of March 9th (both Monday though :( ) At this rate I'll be exam free in just 2 more delays! :D

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What in blazes...?:eek::veryconfu Just my luck. Not only do I still not have a Wii, but my most anticipated game of all time gets delayed again.:urg: At this rate, Giga Bowser will go on a rampage and utterly destroy Japan before Geno even gets a chance to blow it up.

Oh well, back to business as usual.:ohwell:

raul

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai is justing reading Smash World Forums and taking all our suggestions.

(read with Japanese english accent)Sakurai: Oh, very good. You 'Mericans so smart, I tak-a your ideas! Oh, I like that one too!!!

Note: that is my attempt to stay positive.

SGX

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't really make sense. The game is more than likely 99% finished. If it's just small balance tweaks and things like that, they can always patch them over wifi.

S0crat3s

Smash Apprentice
North American Release date: MARCH 9, 2008
Japan Release Date: JANUARY 31, 2008

Coen edit again:

The date we've all been waiting for, is December 03 changed to 'To Be Determined' February 10 now. May I remind you that this is the North-America release date though, not the PAL or Japanese.

As you can see on the main page: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html
The release date you can find on the left below the move links.

So the date HAS been pushed back, it's been confirmed today (12/10/07). But like Sakurai said, more time means more development, ultimately resulting in a better game.
Hasn't Brawl already gone Gold?!?

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
And isn't that completely irrelevant since all those people are just making up things without factual basis anyway to get attention?
You are correct in that most of the "leakers" are, in fact, making things up. But, if they "leaked" something that came true, it would add some credibility to the real one(s). ( for example, knowing about and revealing a delay before the public knows about it.)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Nintendo can never give us a solid release date. It was originally a launch title , then on dec 3, then on feb 10, THEN on march 19. they changed the friggin release date FOUR times! At this rate, Brawl won't come out until 2010 :(

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I wish people would stop telling me to be grateful. Yes, I *know* the game will be better for the delay. That doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. :/
Wow, I agree with you 100% percent

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Aah ****ing Sakurai lied again. I'm sssssooooooo pissed... :mad:

I'm seriously considering importing a Japanese copy... More than one whole f***ing month for translating? What kind of ******* did they hire to translate!?

YES, TRANSLATE THERE WILL BE NO NEW THINGS BECAUSE BRAWL WENT GOLD ALREADY!!

I hope these @$$holes release a demo at least!

I must get revenge somehow...

I want to prank call nintendo...

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
You are correct in that most of the "leakers" are, in fact, making things up. But, if they "leaked" something that came true, it would add some credibility to the real one(s). ( for example, knowing about and revealing a delay before the public knows about it.)
Except of course you realize that for every 100 wild guesses, there are 2 or 3 correct ones, and making a correct guess in no way validates someone who is randomly guessing what will happen. Taking your stance, you have just validated anyone who predicted Sonic would be in Brawl since the game had been announced.

gregthepirate

Smash Apprentice
Except of course you realize that for every 100 wild guesses, there are 2 or 3 correct ones, and making a correct guess in no way validates someone who is randomly guessing what will happen. Taking your stance, you have just validated anyone who predicted Sonic would be in Brawl since the game had been announced.
Of course I realize this, but I never said it made them wholly truthful or believable. I simply said it adds credibility. If there is true leaker in the masses, then something like predicting Sonic, or knowing about a delay, can help us weed out the phonies.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Well this day has been a ****ing **** hole for ME! God **** IT!. My computer breaks, my speech teacher is a conceited ***** and Brawl got delayed again the world seems to be celbrating take a big old dump on Adder day today!

Baconater

Smash Cadet
not happening. No demo on VC. No hope. Give up hope. Sakurai, you can at least respect your consumer base by describing your actions.

Top Bottom