• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Release Date Changed! March 9, 2008 (North America)

MAST3R

Smash Apprentice
I ordered a Japanese wii and pre-ordered Smash bros X as well on account of this delay..

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You'll need converterers to get it to run correctly.

I might do that also, because getting it 2 months in advance would be nice.
Where would I find info on this converter youre talking about??

And, it wouldnt be 2 monts, it'd be 1 month since it'd take a little while for everything to ship to you and all

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would do that too, except that just makes more money than they would make than NOT delaying the game.
That's just doing something better than what Nintendo could dream of. Congrats.
AActually, what do you think people with an extra wii will do eventually?? ... mod it perhaps? not saying I will.. *cough*, just saying they might eventually lose money .

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
i'm going to pre order a japanese version of Super Smash Brawl too, but as u say we need a "converter", that is a Mod chip, i'm going to put a Wiikey in my Wii so that we can play smash bros japanese, but still that there is a chance u can't play the game, that chance will vanished when the ppl with wiikey try smash brawl jp in their wiikey and the publish that in this page http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List:_NTSC-US
so I recommend u (if u going to do the same thing because "the great Sakurai" has lyied us AGAIN and u are upset and insecure of the new date release) wait 3 days after the jp launch and check the page, once the game be listed u can order your smash. I hope it help u! because i'm sick of this "delays" like u!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
i'm going to pre order a japanese version of Super Smash Brawl too, but as u say we need a "converter", that is a Mod chip, i'm going to put a Wiikey in my Wii so that we can play smash bros japanese, but still that there is a chance u can't play the game, that chance will vanished when the ppl with wiikey try smash brawl jp in their wiikey and the publish that in this page http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List:_NTSC-US
so I recommend u (if u going to do the same thing because "the great Sakurai" has lyied us AGAIN and u are upset and insecure of the new date release) wait 3 days after the jp launch and check the page, once the game be listed u can order your smash. I hope it help u! because i'm sick of this "delays" like u!

No I think he meant a converter for the electricity, because we're ordering a whole *** Wii, not a mod chip

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
No I think he meant a converter for the electricity, because we're ordering a whole *** Wii, not a mod chip
wow!! lol... it's ok I understand u!!:laugh: and of course surely there are converters u can buy on the internet... when u get it and get smash bros please if u see a web page with the traduction let me know! jajajaja... if i had some money i'd do the same as u!...:chuckle:

TheZeroOne

Smash Apprentice

Me and my friends were talking how it would suck if Brawl was delayed again...and I laughed it off and thought no way in hell would that ever happen....

Ah geez.

Ryv

Smash Rookie
It is disconcerting, though I feel Melee will permanently retain its status in the hardcore competitive field, even whilst many might assume otherwise if not having experienced the degree of mechanical precision and teching, etc. Ultimately, I am content moving forward.

Just my 2cp~

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Im starting to think I did the right thing by buying a japanese wii.. even though it could be considered wasted money by many.. Ill get to play in february!!!!

post 500!!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
WTF!!! I"ve been away for 2+ months only to come back and see the release date pushed back again!!!!!! **** this sucks :mad:

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, mine too! What could they possibly add in less then a month? Some new text?! The whole idea is a large mixture of bad words! I had every calander I know about circled and I got out of working that saturday...for NOTHING! Sakurai has some explaining to do...to my fists! :mad:

MoneyMac

Smash Rookie
Vacaville, CA, near -----(sacramento) AIM= ice5p
Yeah, mine too! What could they possibly add in less then a month? Some new text?! The whole idea is a large mixture of bad words! I had every calander I know about circled and I got out of working that saturday...for NOTHING! Sakurai has some explaining to do...to my fists! :mad:

every one who says "i hope they get more work done cus its a month" they are ********, they only got one more week.n jan 31 is in 15 days,and thats when they stop working on the game for sure, they just want to be better then america, every one does' they do it with most of the big games not from america

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
I'm just wondering - if they make lots of changes to the PAL-version, how are we Europeans supposed to play against Americans and Asians?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
New commercial with Olimar's FS on the first post! I'm guessing that will be tonight's update...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Well It seems they are making up for it by ending the drought though. But anyway I'm still happy if they can keep adding on to it to make it better

Sage of Pwnage

Smash Apprentice
Actually I am retiring this smashboards.com account. I will be playing when this comes out. I will continue to look for the updates on the Dojo, but that is all. Good bye everyone and I hope you all enjoy Super Smash Bros. Brawl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kc09

Smash Rookie
i almost cried after i saw the new delay date, im about ready to crack some skulls

Top Bottom