• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Online General Discussion/ Social/ Thing

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Hey, just wanted to pop in really quick and address some issues you guys may experience with NTSC-U Basic Brawl. Apparently, nobody's getting matched with anybody (I've been searching on BB for the past several hours). Strangely enough, though, people have had success with PAL consoles, so it does at least work, just not for us Western folk (yet).

I'd recommend anyone curious enough to keep an eye on this thread: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board...english/51700-multi-game-support/index10.html
Thanks. Interesting how it seems to be working for PAL. I guess that eliminates any issues relating to "port-forwarding" (Thank god, I don't want to even attempt it xD)

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm pretty sure all "port forwarding" refers to in this case is simply manually entering DNS addresses in your Wii's Internet settings (176.9.146.163 for primary DNS, your router's IP for secondary), which you should definitely do.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im hype! I get to look forward to fighting some wifi Ikes in For Glory mode in Smash 4! :emptysheep:

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
I really don't want to do this, but, I'M TOO FLIPPEN BORD! SOMEONE! I DON'T CARE IF U JUST A BEGINNER, BRAWL ME!

Basic Brawl don't work either, need some Mr.Bean assistance. And Smash4 will suck, get use to it.

lmao the guests. Stay free guest

Last edited:

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Yeah no one is online for the wiimm thing. I played 5 matches with a friend and after that, no one is ever online, even though I have like 5 people who have done the wiimm thing. And its laggier than the Nintendo Wifi Connection. Still grateful for their efforts though.

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah no one is online for the wiimm thing. I played 5 matches with a friend and after that, no one is ever online, even though I have like 5 people who have done the wiimm thing. And its laggier than the Nintendo Wifi Connection. Still grateful for their efforts though.
Are you sure it's the new server that causes the lag? You should go on basic brawl because I'm not getting anyone lol

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Yeah. This kid bck with regular wifi had a great connection. And with the wiimm server, it lagged. And I had no electronics devices on other than my Wii.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Its weird, because the first stock of our match had NO LAG. NOT EVEN INPUT LAG. It was amazing. Then second stock and for the rest of our play session, it lagged fairly heavily.

kaazers

Smash Master
Ike confirmed for Smash 4.

No spoilers tags this time. My happiness cannot be hidden.

@ kaazers kaazers
Look at the homepage.

*takes breath*

I
TOLD
YOU
NOT
TO
WORRY.

Inb4udontknowwhatimtalkingabout
YOU AND Z WERE RIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTTTT.

239018weqiopsadljkxcn,zm

edit; I literally came on just to post my spazz, haha.
edit2; That aside, dis thread so dead! Poor thing
/patpat

Last edited:

TriforceOfWisdom

Smash Master
NNID
HeroOfHyrule1
3DS FC
2922-0198-5811
Ike confirmed for Smash 4.

No spoilers tags this time. My happiness cannot be hidden.

YOU AND Z WERE RIIIIIIIIGHTTTTTTTTTTT.

239018weqiopsadljkxcn,zm

edit; I literally came on just to post my spazz, haha.
You should get on that thing.... :troll:

kaazers

Smash Master
You should get on that thing.... :troll:
Yeahhhh… I'll…sort of… never leave if I get on that, haha.

But I'm online right now anyway so I guess I'll drop by.

edit; Who are dese 3 guests?
edit2; Kay then! Thank god for turning off alerts or this logging in right now would be ugly.

Last edited:

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
*Sigh*

the good ol' days........

Still got dat page tho. HAHAHAUOe2u x2ceWGH5

Last edited:

Periwinkle

Smash Apprentice
Shoot. That probably means it lags pretty badly. Idk then but hopefully they'll come up with something
Wanted to mention that I just had my first experience with Wiimmfi, and the results were great.

Connection quality was identical to, if not better than regular WFC (hardly any input lag), and although we did ultimately get 91010-disconnected, it didn't happen until probably twenty or so minutes in; we would've been able to start a new room right back up again, anyway.

To those of you skeptical about Wiimmfi, get it anyway and try for yourself. Ignore the naysayers.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

There's no telling where this will go.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Dat GC controller support. I think I'm going to retire the good old classic controller.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I always knew theyd make a good GC controller adapter like this. So i wasnt surprised.

kaazers

Smash Master
@ Metalbro Metalbro - I want to respond with a trolly gif but I can barely load a page with this internet. I think I'll pop back in later, hah. I wish I was exaggerating. It should be somewhat better then.

Have this in its place:

the ever reliable…

:awesome:

edit; inb4 I come back to my own post being the last one here a few hours later!

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-big-questions/201204/did-you-know-it-all-along

Classic case of hindsight bias. I suggest visiting a local doctor to get that checked. :p
Breh... its called the Sharingan, get it straight! :yeahboi:

No but srsly, its a little different than hindsight bias, I know a lot about psychology and how peoples minds work. Ive been saying they'd make a good one before the wii u version came out... its probably deep in the other BB thread, I remember posting it.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Breh... its called the Sharingan, get it straight! :yeahboi:

No but srsly, its a little different than hindsight bias, I know a lot about psychology and how peoples minds work. Ive been saying they'd make a good one before the wii u version came out... its probably deep in the other BB thread, I remember posting it.
I knew you were going to say that :troll:

Last edited:

kaazers

Smash Master
Hehe, at this rate we'll reach the next k by October.

How the mighty have fallen.

I'm totes not trying to add to the post count. Nope.

kaazers

Smash Master
This isn't directed at anyone. I just feel like posting an image now that my internet's sort of behaving.

:awesome:

Top Bottom